CAV door weatherstrip

I am trying to locate door weatherstrip for 2002 CAV GT40. Tried CAV dealer, no luck. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gene

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
When I replaced the seals on my GTD, I bought a roll of door seal from Trim-Lok. It was a perfect replacement and even left me enough to do my Pantera. Not sure if the CAV will be the same, but I suspect it will be close.

Co-Extruded Trim Seal - Trim-Lok

Mark

I am trying to locate door weatherstrip for 2002 CAV GT40. Tried CAV dealer, no luck. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gene

I was never contacted about any "door weatherstrips" for a CAV GT and I am the only CAV dealer in the USA. I am sure that I have the correct information regarding a "weatherstrip for a CAV GT.

Pat

Supporter
I thought I needed new weatherstripping where I squeeze into the drivers door in the confines of my garage and occasionally pull the strip off with my posterior. It turns out two minutes with a pair of slip joint pliers tightened the grip bands to get it snug as new.

Last edited:
I believe the stock material was employed on BMW's built during that time frame. You can likely compare the material you have with that employed on BMWs of that vintage and then determine which BMW model employed a piece long enough for the CAV.

Back