"Vigilante 6.0 Vengeance" project

Yikes!! There's that hammer again. Looking quite nice by the end. How much did you narrow things front and rear?

--- Doug

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Yikes!! There's that hammer again. Looking quite nice by the end. How much did you narrow things front and rear?

--- Doug

hehehehe :laugh: Yip... a hammer is the holy grail of tools for car building!

I brought the back in by 130mm (65mm both sides) and the front arches in by 50mm per side.

Rear wheel arches are now 2.07m and front 1.9m. More Murcielago like.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thought you might find this article interesting Jackal

New Zealander building 3D-printed Aston Martin DB4 | Fox News

Yip. There is a guy at Lamboclone forum that also do the same thing. He can produce any body. Wish I had that equipment. Would of made things a helluva lot easier! Then again. It would have to be exactly what you want. You cannot change it later. I have changed a lot as I went on and my guess is a lot will still be changed :) Just the saving on the amount of man hours makes it all worthwhile though.

If I had that printer I would have a Bugatti Veyron, Lambo Aventador, Murcie, Ferrari 430, AM DB9 ....... Off course I would only have the bodies because I would not be able to buy engines for them all! :laugh:

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Jackal, keep up the great work mate. Its coming along nicely.

Thx Jimmy. TRhe support is appreciated. This week I have been running around crazy so the car had to wait. When I get home I just want to get a fire started and pull the bottle of 100 Pipers whisky closer! Rest of this week I will take it easy and go in with full gusto on Monday. :drunk:

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
OOOOOOHHH. I haven't posted in ages!!! Well not much hapoening unfortunately. I have however sold my rs4 engine........ and bought a 450bhp audi rs6 :) reason being the rs4 I have found out is too difficult to build into a project. Nobody seems to have done it. The rs6 is much easier and I can go aftrmarket ecu.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
OOOOOOHHH. I haven't posted in ages!!! Well not much hapoening unfortunately. I have however sold my rs4 engine........ and bought a 450bhp audi rs6 :) reason being the rs4 I have found out is too difficult to build into a project. Nobody seems to have done it. The rs6 is much easier and I can go aftrmarket ecu.

been burned twice now buying rs6 engines on ebay.co.uk

I have decided on a different route but have not managed to find anyone that has done this. I am going to use a 2JZ Toyota coupled to my 01e. Standard 280 bhp. Replacing the twin turbos with a big one and with management system and bigger injectors ... well it is how much I want. I am happy with 500 bhp though. Any thoughts on this new route? I already put down a deposit and the engine is local. So no scams.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Twin turbo 1UZ-FE?

It is the 2JZ-GTE. Twin turbo. 3.0 engine. It is a straight six and was used in the Supra. As I understand it a bullet proof motor with double the bhp just playing with injectors and replacing twin turbos with large turbo.

Last edited:

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJd0YPvulc]Supra single Turbo 2JZ-GTE turbosetuper Borg warne - YouTube[/ame]

Here is what I am referring to.

It is the 2JZ-GTE. Twin turbo. 3.0 engine. It is a straight six and was used in the Supra. As I understand it a bullet proof motor with double the bhp just playing with injectors and replacing twin turbos with large turbo.

I know what it is, I was just suggesting the 4.0 V8 1UZ-FE, instead. 260-290hp stock (depending on year), ~550hp with nothing more than a bit of boost (twin turbo suggested for low lag but you could go single turbo).

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
I know what it is, I was just suggesting the 4.0 V8 1UZ-FE, instead. 260-290hp stock (depending on year), ~550hp with nothing more than a bit of boost (twin turbo suggested for low lag but you could go single turbo).

Aaahhh ok with you. Locally though those are not so available. Plenty of Lexus v8's Are they the same? I have basically decided on the straight six though. Just haven't seen any mid mounted projects with it.

Aaahhh ok with you. Locally though those are not so available. Plenty of Lexus v8's Are they the same? I have basically decided on the straight six though. Just haven't seen any mid mounted projects with it.

Yes, that's it. Originally designed for the Lexus LS400 but used in the Toyota Soarer as well. I have no idea about the 2JZ mounting but if it's anything like the 1UZ then this might be useful to you - Toyota 1UZ-FE Engine to Audi 012 Transmission (Porsche G86) Adapter Drawings. | 1TG - Design & Build of the One Tonne Guerilla

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Yes, that's it. Originally designed for the Lexus LS400 but used in the Toyota Soarer as well. I have no idea about the 2JZ mounting but if it's anything like the 1UZ then this might be useful to you - Toyota 1UZ-FE Engine to Audi 012 Transmission (Porsche G86) Adapter Drawings. | 1TG - Design & Build of the One Tonne Guerilla

Thank you very much! I will have a look.

I will have a better idea once I have the engine. Picking it up end of the month. The 01e I have.

Last edited:

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Haven't posted pics etc. for a long time. Took a couple of months to feel myself again after totalling my pickup but I am fighting fit again.

I also got two chaps to help me with the sanding work. I have been changing the shape continuously and we are now busy bringing the nose vents in from the sides. The lights have also been changed and I have not the latest photo of that yet. The side windows have been enlarged and I think it is for the better. So the Diablo style windows are gone. More Murcie like now.

I have designed my taillights using modelling clay and I am going to use crystal clear resin and pigment for the lens. LED for lights. That is far from happening right now though.

Priorities is the body and at the same time I am going to have an adaptor plate made, a button clutch and hopefully get the long awaited chassis started. (My chassis guy kind of hit hard times....)

Here is the latest pics minus some additional work we did.

Cheers
jackal

Attachments

• 20140712_093416.jpg
    20140712_093416.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 268
  • 20140817_103942.jpg
    20140817_103942.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 20140910_180436.jpg
    20140910_180436.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 20140813_165712.jpg
    20140813_165712.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 363
  • 20140816_175353.jpg
    20140816_175353.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 372
  • 20140728_092020.jpg
    20140728_092020.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 324
  • 20140802_091833.jpg
    20140802_091833.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 303
  • 20140805_150817.jpg
    20140805_150817.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 359
Nice to see some progress.

You bold using the power tools on the soft foam/filler surface. if you lean on a power tool for just too long it puts a flatspot or divot in that has to be fixed later. I did all my shaping by hand, using a long board and various shaped sanding blocks.

Use a course grit (60/80/120) as long as you can until the shape is right, only then go for the surface finish.

Cheers

Fred W B

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thanx Jack and Fred. Yes. Alot of changes. Just this afternoon I changes a "bump" I did not fancy. It seems I have been standing still but from the original shape to narrowing it considerably took loads of time. I am close to what I want but still working on the front sharpening it up.

Yes Fred. Power tools isn't the finishing solution. Because I am still shaping and meazuring and measuring and measuring..... it is just quicker right now. I will get to the hand finishes as we go on eventually. Not looking forward to that but I do have help now so that takes eases the burden. That and off course getting things done and standing back and feeling a sense of accomplishment. :) I di have miles to go though. I am planning to compete the shape, pull the doors and lids, then cut them out od the 'buck' and do the recesses so that it becomes part of the main body mold.

Well on it again tomorrow. Also taking of 2jz flywheel and taking that in with gearbox to the guy who will be building my button clutch.

Cheers
Jackal

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thanx Jack and Fred. Yes. Alot of changes. Just this afternoon I changes a "bump" I did not fancy. It seems I have been standing still but from the original shape to narrowing it considerably took loads of time. I am close to what I want but still working on the front sharpening it up.

Yes Fred. Power tools isn't the finishing solution. Because I am still shaping and measuring and measuring and measuring..... it is just quicker right now. I will get to the hand finishes as we go on eventually. Not looking forward to that but I do have help now so that takes eases the burden. That and off course getting things done and standing back and feeling a sense of accomplishment. :) I do have miles to go though. I am planning to compete the shape, pull the doors and lids, then cut them out of the 'buck' and do the recesses so that it becomes part of the main body mold.

Well on it again tomorrow. Also taking off 2jz flywheel and taking that in with gearbox to the guy who will be building my button clutch.

Cheers
Jackal

Back