Porsche 908/910 project

Michel, such works are an inspiration to others to create their dream car, and as I will never ever get a chance to do it, I take great pleasure in your efforts and to see and hear it after all that work is amazing.

+1 Keith, so very true, Mic's build inspired my build, also along with Fred's too, had I not seen their work I would never have started.
Who cares if they are not 100% original, we build our cars just how "we want them" it's all down to personal preference and it's great, one of the many reasons why I love this forum, some very very clever people, all dealing with their own problems in their own way in their various epic builds.
For scratch builders it's the challenge, solving problems, thinking how to do things the best way/their way and producing a finished car.
Owning an original car must be grand, they are great to see in the flesh, being thrashed but hell, I'd know what I'd rather stuff into the armco.
It's not as if any of the builders here are trying to pass off their cars as real "factory" cars is it, we're all in it for the challenge, education and satisfaction gained and also encouraging others to "have a go" and that in my view is what makes this forum such a fantastic place to frequent.
Mic you have built a lovely car, I'd be truly proud if I produced mine to such a standard, they'll always be "nit-pickers", take no notice!!

Thanks Chris
have been these past monthes several times in UK but quite far from your place to take a chance for visiting you and have a pint near your nice work !

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jacques is taking a short holiday from GT40s...

Lets return to discussion of cars, planes and boats now please...

Thank you.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for 908k and 917k some parts to finish the cars
my both current projects

while for my friends I'm interested for 906 and 910

if anyone can help write me
many thanks

FB

hire the great german porsche 910 shop

Attachments

• IMG-20170615-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170615-WA0001.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 519
Last edited by a moderator:
Michael, I just watched your video, What a beautiful car. You must be incredibly proud. I only hope my McLaren replica looks half as good.
Regards, Udo.

Michel,

That's a fantastic car, unbelievable. Until a few weeks ago i hadn't really known the 906/8/10 cars. I have had a myriad of Porsche, Lotus and Aston martin cars but the car that i have still in my mind is the Elan Plus two i carried out a nut and bolt restoration on a few years ago.....maybe a little more when i was 19.

I saw an add for 906 body panels (taken from a race car), and they are now in my garage. I am working through selling some of my cars to fund a build and to get room :), 1960's styling in the same era as the Elan and with similiar ethos to weight, design and performance.

I have spoken to Chris, i hopefully will get down to see his car, i now need to find out where they are in museums so i can take some shots. I've just built an office (this is meant for the engineering work i do), but more for the 906 and the research i plan on doing.

I did read this thread whilst in negotiations for the panels, and although a fairly daunting task it is one i look forward to.

Thanks for sharing your experience and at some point you may see a few photos of a similar build coming up!

Regards.

Sam

ps - just joined the forum this morning, hello to all...

Last edited:
Congratulation with your body panels!!
Was it the panels from UK that was on ebay?
I tried to get in contact with the seller, but did not get any answers:shrug:

Good luck with your build!!:thumbsup:

Alfy,

That's right. I'll be taking molds from them as another angle i want to go down is a mods sports car to race in a local championship, the mechanics will be totally different.

Thanks and regards

Hello Samuel
Thanks for your comments
Will look forward to watch your 906 building thread !!!

Just finishing actually to assemble my Le mans Stratos replica and CAD drawing all 910 suspension stuff

Attachments

• IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_1556.JPG
    IMG_1556.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_1547.JPG
    IMG_1547.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 408
  • Triangle inférieur avant droit équipé.JPG
    Triangle inférieur avant droit équipé.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 503
Hello Samuel
Thanks for your comments
Will look forward to watch your 906 building thread !!!

Just finishing actually to assemble my Le mans Stratos replica and CAD drawing all 910 suspension stuff

Another very tasty car, often thought of the Stratos ..... The only part of my X1/9 that didn't go wrong with it was the door handles which I'm sure the Stratos used :) .

I'm hoping for some books for xmas, that I will indirectly pay for!, need to find out the differences between these 900 cars.

Are you going to document or post your Stratos build ?

Back