Looking for nice pictures of garages

Ron,

Stop showing that car. I just missed it when you put it up for sale and this was my favourite GT40 of this forum. The sound of that car, the colour, all spot on.
Back then I had just bought a 1971 Porsche 911 which turned out to be much worse than described. Sold that immediately, but your car was gone...

John

Ron McCall

Supporter
Ron,

Stop showing that car. I just missed it when you put it up for sale and this was my favourite GT40 of this forum. The sound of that car, the colour, all spot on.
Back then I had just bought a 1971 Porsche 911 which turned out to be much worse than described. Sold that immediately, but your car was gone...

John

Sorry John. ( Not really ;-) )
I can always build you one exactly like it! Just let me know.

Ron

Attachments

• OLD pictures and video 18381.jpg
    OLD pictures and video 18381.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,278
  • OLD pictures and video 19163.JPG
    OLD pictures and video 19163.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,246
Two things to consider (no pics, mine's an embarrassing mess right now)

1. An overhead door takes up a lot of space and makes adding a lift later problematic.
  2. A small refrigerator (keg size) yields big dividends when asking friends to come over and help get the stuck floor jack out from under the transmission.
  3. Having a sink to wash up in before you come inside can save your marriage.
Three things to consider...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very tidy Bob!

I need to get my pig-pen of a shop cleaned up....

Very tidy Bob!

I need to get my pig-pen of a shop cleaned up....

I had to do it because the main workshop has always got machines or plant in there which means my toys are never in there long enough to have a good go. This is completely separate and purely toy space so it should help push on some of the projects , anyway it needed to be somewhere I wanted to go into because as I have gotten older a lot of my get up and go has got up and gone . To walk into something tidy and well sorted might get me back at it :)

Bob

The garage cleanup effort is finally complete.
I just replaced the last garage door opener!!!
Lesson learned; if you allow enough door springs to shatter/break/explode, you wife will finally ORDER you to upgrade the openers.
:idea:IMG_3611.JPG

Here's the floor of my new 40 x 60 all metal shop. Did a process that uses a densifyer on the bare concrete followed by sealer. The complete cost including tools and burnisher rental came to $11-1200 range with 4 man hour days or 32 hrs. of labor which includes cleaning. This is something that stores I was told are using. I think they use a wax in their floor cleaner so their polish is a little better.
Pro soco is the name of the company, one word.

Also bought some tool chests and uprights at Sam's club, they have some great deals, UltraHD is the line.

Attachments

• IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 758
  • IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,025
Here's mine. Garages/shops are never finished, they just evolve. I still need to finish the wall cabinets, add the stairs to the upstairs storage area, paint the walls, add the 4-post lift (where the Mustang & coupe are sitting), finish the office/man-cave & bathroom, but it is usable as it is.

John

Attachments

• IMG_1963-1.jpg
    IMG_1963-1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 980
  • IMG_3009.jpg
    IMG_3009.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 943
Back