I Bought a Race Car

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Our driver David Roberts flew down to Melbourne yesterday for a seat fitting and to check the progress on the Swift. Here are some photos.
I can only load one photo from my iPad for some reason I'll load the rest when I get to my computer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 396

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
More Photos, it was 40C in Melbourne yesterday and as you know when pouring a seat the foam gets hot hence the grumpy expression on David

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 531
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 408
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 392
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 448
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 422

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Damn the design and complexity has come a long way from the ones raced out in the late Rhodesia and early Zimbabwe years (early 1980's)

Looks fantastic Pete

Ian

Keith

Damn the design and complexity has come a long way from the ones raced out in the late Rhodesia and early Zimbabwe years (early 1980's)

Looks fantastic Pete

Ian

I certainly echo that. My memories of the class were of a chassis a lot more basic than this one!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Looks fantastic Pete

Ian

This car was built in 1989 and qualifies for historic races, so from the early 80's to the late 80's there was a lot of development to the chassis.

Four wheel fun distilled to its core.
Brings to mind one of my favorite race car images ----

Attachments

• Vintage-Formula-1-Car.jpg
    Vintage-Formula-1-Car.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 533
Beautiful little car, looks to me the restoration has created a finished product far nicer than the original ever was.

I had been curious where the radiator was on that model Swift, now I know.

Have not had a chance to ride Mugello yet, so Phillip Island remains my favorate track on the planet :)

Back