More Global Cooling/Warming/Change hoax.

Keith

Pretty much the same story here and my mate in Norway writes and says they have had no snow yet! That is most unusual. However, many of these quirky events can be 'blamed' on El Nino - it's the underlying changes that are worrying. But certainly, it's like Spring outside today with a warm wind 2 days before Christmas. It's not right.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Come on guys one warm winter day does not mean anything nor does elephant ears at Christmas, global temperatures have been fluctuating for centuries.

“The Romans wrote about growing wine grapes in Britain in the first century,” ,“and then it got too cold during the Dark Ages. Ancient tax records show the Britons grew their own wine grapes in the 11th century, during the Medieval Warming, and then it got too cold during the Little Ice Age.

But today let's call it climate change!

Pete, ever notice how anecdotal evidence is only acceptable when used to prove " Global Cooling/Warming/Change?"

Come on guys one warm winter day does not mean anything nor does elephant ears at Christmas, global temperatures have been fluctuating for centuries.

“The Romans wrote about growing wine grapes in Britain in the first century,” ,“and then it got too cold during the Dark Ages. Ancient tax records show the Britons grew their own wine grapes in the 11th century, during the Medieval Warming, and then it got too cold during the Little Ice Age.

But today let's call it climate change!

"There are many more specific areas that I have researched and for which I have compiled data and presentation material, equally compelling regarding at exposing the fallacies of global warming. A new twist has swept the global warming movement lately, especially since they had to admit that their own data showed that there was a “hiatus” on the warming, as illustrated in the 2014 IPCC report; their data showed an actual cooling over the last 10 years. The new term: “climate change” is now taking over, such that unusual events of any kind, like the record snowfall in Boston, can be blamed on the burning of fossil fuels without offering any concrete scientific data as to how one could cause the other."

The Most Comprehensive Assault On 'Global Warming' Ever | Daily Wire

Pete, ever notice how anecdotal evidence is only acceptable when used to prove " Global Cooling/Warming/Change?"

Bob,

Have to agree no doubt in a few months we will get the usual picture of a snow storm in May somewhere usually warm, with the usual premis that it obviously proves there is no global warming.

Having said that, and totally unscientific, but having spent the last 35 years cycling to various work places on a regular basis I tend to notice the weather particularly in winter and having moved North. This year there is something definitely different, never known it this mild for so long before.

Also, again unscientific but my mother who has been an avid gardener for the last 60 years or so has noticed a considerable change in the growing / planting season over the years.

All within the realm of natural weather variation. What isn't natural is the modified data to achieve the numbers wanted by the carbon taxers.

Bob,

Have to agree no doubt in a few months we will get the usual picture of a snow storm in May somewhere usually warm, with the usual premis that it obviously proves there is no global warming.

Having said that, and totally unscientific, but having spent the last 35 years cycling to various work places on a regular basis I tend to notice the weather particularly in winter and having moved North. This year there is something definitely different, never known it this mild for so long before.

Also, again unscientific but my mother who has been an avid gardener for the last 60 years or so has noticed a considerable change in the growing / planting season over the years.

Keith

The BIG question is, exactly which anecdotal evidence is acceptable, readable and understandable by the average (me).

You seem to take a position that I am sceptical of your stated position. I'm not. It just hasn't been proved to my satisfaction and I read everything. Have a nice Christmas!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"Why, just two years ago, did every surface temperature dataset agree with the satellites that there had been no global warming so far in this century? And why was every surface dataset altered in the two years preceding the Paris climate conferenceIN A MANNER CALCULATED TO SHOW SIGNIFICANT WARMING – even though the satellite records continue to show little or no warming?"

Indeed.

WHY?

Guess... :sneaky:

The largest crocodile fossil was recently found on the edge of the Sahara desert: Fossil of massive crocodile found on edge of Sahara desert | Fox News It was twice the size of any today (6600 pounds) and was the top predator in the waters it was in. Going from ocean to dessert is some real climate change, but it was about 130 million years ago. Anyone who thinks that humans could have an effect on the natural changes that occur on the earth are both naïve and ignorant. Giving billions to underdeveloped countries to combat climate change is pretty much the same thing.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
"Why, just two years ago, did every surface temperature dataset agree with the satellites that there had been no global warming so far in this century? And why was every surface dataset altered in the two years preceding the Paris climate conferenceIN A MANNER CALCULATED TO SHOW SIGNIFICANT WARMING – even though the satellite records continue to show little or no warming?"

Indeed.

WHY?

Guess... :sneaky:

Let me think, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with $$$ could it? :laugh::laugh:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Let me think, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with $$$ could it? :laugh::laugh:

Uh...uh...uh...that is...uuuuuh...I mean...I dunno.

I DO know if I were to say "Yep...follow the money", certain sensitive persons would go ballistic though! :laugh:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Who/what/where/when???

E.P.A. (Fines and penalties gleaned from "environmental" regulations/rules it imposes. 'Wouldn't generate a DIME in those areas if there were no "global warming/climate change" agenda)...Al Gore ("climate change" speaking fees and related books...not to mention his investments in “green” outfits that stood to profit BIG TIME from increased government "greenie" regulations and sweetheart deals from connected politicians and bureaucrats related thereto - AND his movie “An Inconvenient Truth” - NONE OF WHICH would be possible absent the G.W./C.C. hysteria he practically created all by himself)...the 'carbon trading' industry (again - did THAT exist prior to the G.W./C.C. scam?)...the "green energy" businesses & "researchers" who support themselves via gov't grants/tax breaks... companies that manufacturer the scrubbing equipment, etc., needed to comply with all the G.W./C.C. "clean air and water" emissions rules/regs...and 3rd world countries that receive 'income redistribution' (tax) money to "combat climate change". That's a portion of the "who/what/where/when".

None of the above would make a DIME were it not for the G.W./C.C scam. None. Why do you think "the greenie powers that be" 'pooh-pooh', denigrate, vilify and condemn ANYONE who presents evidence disproving C.C./G.W. "facts"/"theories" OR that expose actual fraud C.C./G.W. "researchers"/"scientists" have committed/created in order to "confirm"/"prove" their "predictions"/"theories"? Were someone able to undisputedly prove or even cast serious doubt upon the'theory' that "man-caused" climate change/global warming is total BUNK - OR that it was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less than claimed - the industries/people who've been milking that golden cow would be S.O.L.

Those who PROFIT from the "man-made" C.C./G.W. scam are the ones who PUSH IT 24/7/365.

That's why many of us say, "Follow the money." ;)

Last edited:

Keith

Thanks Larry, at last someone has extrapolated my most hated phrase..:evil:

On the converse, there are now many industries producing goods for the "Green Market". Do they not also provide employment and put money back into the community and when the EPA receives fines, that's cash for America Inc. isn't it?

This industry has legs and there's no stopping it now - it's become the norm but it's also providing employment & wealth. Future generations will simply accept it as the norm won't they?

If you just hate the idea of Al Gore and his ilk making millions out of Fear, then I totally agree with you.

There is no doubt the climate is changing. As to why? No-one is ever going to be certain but it seems that everyone is going to err on the side of caution. Apparently, in 10,000 years, the seas will rise by a minimum of 80'. Do you realise that puts my town house bang on the beach front? I'll be rich!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
There is no doubt the climate is changing. As to why? No-one is ever going to be certain but it seems that everyone is going to err on the side of caution. Apparently, in 10,000 years, the seas will rise by a minimum of 80'. Do you realise that puts my town house bang on the beach front? I'll be rich!

"Err on the side of caution" to the tune of BAZILLIONS AND GADZILLIONS OF DOLLARS spent complying with all the "scientific theory-generated", "greenie" rules/regs/ laws...only to see the world's economy crash as a result long before that 10,000 years has past w/o having made ANY SIGNIFICANT DENT WHATSOEVER with regard to "CONTROLLING"/"REDUCING"/"REVERSING" the claimed "man-made" C.C./G.W.

Bottom line? In the end, Mother Nature will DO whatever she chooses...just as she has since day-one. It's the height of arrogance for man to assume he can do anything to stop it.

Take earthquakes, for instance. How do we 'stop' those? And what about the effects of "sun spots"? Or, how about the pollution caused by volcanoes? How do we 'fix'/stop them? Or, how do we end/fix the periodic shift in the Earth's axis? How about droughts? Mega-high tides? Tsunamis? Meteor strikes? Or...........? There MUST BE a tax, or a fine, or a rule, or a regulation, or a LAW that will singularly or in combination put an end to all that..........right? :squint:

Keith

I completely agree. There's gaping holes in the logic and yet we stumble on. It's a great scam isn't it?

Makes me wish I'd thought of it.

However, I am completely committed to now treating Mother Earth with a lot more respect than I have in the past, and I think millions of others around the globe now feel the same, and it's been the ongoing debate that has alerted me to some of the completely unsustainable environmentally damaging practices going on. You wouldn't mind muĉh if it äll benefited local economies - but no - we still have to put our hands in our pockets to help "emerging nations" from the mess created by some of our finest conglomerates. That's the real disgrace...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I completely agree. There's gaping holes in the logic and yet we stumble on. It's a great scam isn't it?

Finally. 'Progress... ;)

I'm all FOR common sense 'planet stewardship' (not dumping waste oil/chemicals/whatever down storm drains for instance)...but 10,000% AGAINST, say, shutting down coal/nat. gas/oil industries simply because some agenda-driven 'smoke and mirrors' theory says it must be done to "save the planet".

Back