GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. Only a moron would argue with a darned thing you mentioned.
/QUOTE]

Enter the Moron :)

Obarmy has stirred up some emotion with that statement for sure but there is some truth in what he says. The US is a major consumer of EU products which are in the most part traded with via London. With brexit there will be a mass exit of european interest in this historic trading post. Without a European alliance we will as he says go to the back of the queue.

Bob

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Well said. Only a moron would argue with a darned thing you mentioned.
/QUOTE]

Enter the Moron :)

Obarmy has stirred up some emotion with that statement for sure but there is some truth in what he says. The US is a major consumer of EU products which are in the most part traded with via London. With brexit there will be a mass exit of european interest in this historic trading post. Without a European alliance we will as he says go to the back of the queue.

Bob

The head of a country sees to it his country's allies are treated properly.

Period.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Think about P.C. And then think the real people in power are the ones you cannot criticise.

Give us some examples Pete.....

Or can't you mention their names? :rolleyes:

To be honest, talking of Political Correctness, I believe Australia is a world leader! What about the Australian school that has banned the kids from hugging?

Hugging banned at Geelong West primary school

Just found out it is the same school that banned cartwheels a couple of years ago!!

Keith, examples are people of any colour except white, gay and lesbians, greens, hand wringing tree huggers, proponents of climate change to name a few.
And school principals who ban hugging.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
He "bothered" because he's a narcissist. In his view not only is he the smartest guy in the room - he's the smartest guy on the planet. For that reason, he doesn't hesitate to attempt to demonstrate that 'fact' at every opportunity no matter the subject matter at hand or the venue.

Gotta love a guy with that kind of confidence!!!

On another "front"...this just came to me this morning in a blinding moment of clarity and creativity...

Who will HC chose as a running mate? How about....get ready....Bill Clinton :thumbsup:

He cannot serve as president again (although, my memory regarding the limits on presidential terms in office is that the limits apply only to CONSECUTIVE terms...so maybe he could???), but there is no prohibition against him holding another elected position :idea:

That certainly ought to reduce the "ya-ya" about the legal utilization of executive actions by the current POTUS.

...yet another (tongue-in-cheek) reminder that just when you think things can't get worse...well, you could certainly be "mistaken".

Cheers!!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Who will HC chose as a running mate? How about....get ready....Bill Clinton :thumbsup:

I could be wrong, but, as I recall, Judge Andrew Napolitano addressed that very question and said 'twas a no-no either constitutionally or by law...or a combo of both. In any event, two terms is two terms and that's it.

I'm too darned lazy to Google the darned thing... :snobby:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
It seems that Donald Trump has to fight the enemy within his own party as well as Hilary.

You're correct, Pete...Trump is shaking things up in the Republican party and they do not like that...he will be the Repiblican's candidate (much to that party's dismay) and Clinton will hand him his balls on a platter if he ever attempts to debate with her. Even the Repubs seem to have written off the election as unwinnable...

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I could be wrong, but, as I recall, Judge Andrew Napolitano addressed that very question and said 'twas a no-no either constitutionally or by law...or a combo of both. In any event, two terms is two terms and that's it.

Exactly...two terms as POTUS...but there is no reason Mr. Clinton could not serve as Vice-President, to my knowledge...different position, altogether.

If things were up to me EVERY politician would be limited to two terms...IN ANY OFFICE...period! No lifetimers in congress, that would clear a lot of obstacles, IMHO :idea:

Cheers!!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...different position, altogether.

No! It isn't! And that's the precise reason WHY he couldn't serve as V.P., Doug.

What is THEE PRIME REASON the office of V.P. exists...'THEE PRIME DUTY assigned to that office? 'To become president should something happen to whoever is serving in that position, right? So, any V.P. who has previously served two terms as prez couldn't lawfully take the oath of office in the event the prez keeled over and died, was assonated, became physically incapacitated, or you-name-it.
:chug:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
What is THEE PRIME REASON the office of V.P. exists...'THEE PRIME DUTY assigned to that office? 'To become president should something happen to whoever is serving in that position, right? So, any V.P. who has previously served two terms as prez couldn't lawfully take the oath of office in the event the prez keeled over and died, was assonated, became physically incapacitated, or you-name-it.
:chug:

Gotta hand this one to you, Larry (thought I had already conceded, but can't locate that reply)!

I had not thought far enough ahead to consider taking over the presidency...cheers to you!!!

Doug

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Re: Sod it. Can't find the Politics Thread..

So... "US President Barack Obama has said Britain would go to the "back of the queue" for trade deals with the US if it votes to leave the European Union."

Discuss, (if we care...

Not really what he said, in substance anyway.

If we want to discuss without throwing words around like "moron" in regards to those with opposing viewpoints, or calling the PResident a narcissist, we can do that. But if Larry is going to get away with that stuff, again, I'm out. No need to cause a shit storm.

A discussion, yes. A shit storm, no.

Keith

That's a shame Jeff, but you're not entirely blameless yourself mate, neither are many of us in the past. As for Larry, I'm thinking he just can't help it.. :)

I would be interested in your pearls of wisdom however if you have second thoughts on the matter...

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Blameless? Hell I'm probably one of the 3-4 most TOO blame...lol...

No pearls of wisdom, just reading what he said. And he spoke a truism. It was not an intent to attack our closest and longest standing ally, it was just the truth. Britain as part of a what 500 million consumer market in the EU will get mor attention on trade deals than Britain alone with 70 mil consumers. That's just a simple fact.

Now, I agree with you and the other folks in the UK that you all need to take a look at the social and governmental aspects of staying in the EU. Economically though, the Union makes a lot of sense overall. The world is lining up in trade blocks -- North America, Europe and China's sphere of influence and being a part of a block is probably going to be a huge advantage going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back