GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I read that several so called celebrities are threatening to leave the U.S. And move to Canada if Trump gets elected. What shallow people and how vain to think people would change their vote because of such a threat. If they did leave the average I.Q. In the U.S. Would increase.

Keith

I read that several so called celebrities are threatening to leave the U.S. And move to Canada if Trump gets elected. What shallow people and how vain to think people would change their vote because of such a threat. If they did leave the average I.Q. In the U.S. Would increase.

It's a Syrian thing Pete....

:rolleyes:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

Canada actually has a border though. It actually enforces its immigration laws...well, to a considerably greater extent than the U.S.A. does, anyway. So, their admittance wouldn't necessarily be a 'given'.

We can only hope... :sneaky:

What shallow people and how vain to think people would change their vote because of such a threat.

To that I'd add 'narcissistic', 'egotistical', 'arrogant', and, obviously, 'delusional' in so far as they might really believe anyone else would give a rip if they left...let alone follow their lead.

(Sigh...) I'm sure glad I'm perfeckt.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Looks like London is stuffed.

London Is About To Elect A Muslim Mayor Who Has Defended Islamists, 9/11 Terrorists, And Who Is Endorsed By Anti-Semites

GettyImages-520662932
Londoners go to the polls on Thursday to choose a replacement for the outgoing Mayor, Boris Johnson MP. Despite the fact the Labour Party is currently mired in an anti-Semitism scandal, if all things remain equal, expect the party’s candidate Sadiq Khan MP to be confirmed in the early hours of Friday morning.

Mr. Khan, 45, has had a successful career in the Labour Party, being elected to parliament in 2005, becoming a Minister of State in 2008 with a promotion in 2009. He was a Shadow Secretary of State for Justice from 2010-15, and has been running for London Mayor since then.

POLLING

In fact, as I predicted in January, the polls have changed very little since the beginning of the year. This is despite a negative-ad onslaught by the Conservative Party and its candidate Zac Goldsmith – the multi-millionaire son of Eurosceptic royalty Sir James Goldsmith, and brother of socialite and Vanity Fair editor Jemima Khan.

Mr. Goldsmith and his ‘Back Zac’ campaign have used the last few months to highlight Sadiq Khan’s proximity to Islamic extremists, extremism, and this past weekend, to anti-Semitism.

But perhaps it speaks to the mindset of Londoners, and certainly the British capital’s demographic shift, that such news has scarcely affected Mr. Khan.

In January, a YouGov poll put Mr. Goldsmith on 35 to Mr. Khan’s 45 per cent. When you take into account London’s supplementary voting system, the numbers after the second preference votes are counted ended up 45-55 to Mr. Khan.

Last week, that number stood at 40-6o to Mr. Khan. After second preference votes, the extremist-adjacent candidate has a 20 point poll lead.

While last week’s events – when one of Mr. Khan’s most prominent backers Ken Livingstone was implicated in a Hitler/anti-Semitism scandal – may serve to keep some of Mr. Khan’s voters at home, it is hard to imagine the Conservatives overturning such a drastic poll lead.

A MUSLIM MAYOR?

Polling suggests some people are nervous about having someone like Mr. Khan near an office that wields so much power, responsibility, and cash.

Private conversations with Westminster insiders often see Lutfur Rahman – the former Mayor of Tower Hamlets – raised as another example of a prominent Muslim mayor.

Mr. Rahman was removed from office, accused by critics of playing sectarian politics with the area’s Muslim population, of backing Islamists, and of distributing tax payer cash to his favoured Muslim groups to secure their support.

Mr. Rahman was found guilty of “corrupt and illegal practices” – and has perhaps set back the plight of the few, integrated British Muslims in elected life. He – alongside politicians like Humza Yousaf, Sayeeda Warsi, Rushanara Ali, Shabana Mahmood, Yasmin Qureshi, Amjad Bashir, Naz Shah, and Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh – have created a deep distrust between British voters and Muslim politicians.

In fact one third of Londoners remain suspicious of having a Muslim Mayor, and the likes of Sajid Javid or Syed Kamall suffer because of their co-religionists’ insistence on fellow-travelling with extremists, if not holding extremist views themselves.

EXTREMISM

And Mr. Khan can hardly claim a clean record. Mr. Goldsmith’s attacks are not without basis, though they have been shrugged off as “racism” or “Islamophobia” with the assistance of the left’s useful idiots like Owen Jones.

Apart from his somewhat threatening statements about not voting for him while claiming that “he is the West”, Mr. Khan’s own track record is perhaps one of the most sour of all Muslim politicians in the Western world.

In 2001 he was the lawyer for the Nation of Islam in its successful High Court bid to overturn the 15-year-ban on its leader, Louis Farrakhan.

In 2005 and 2006 he visited terror-charged Babar Ahmad in Woodhill Prison. Mr. Ahmed was extradited to the U.S. in 2012, serving time in prison before being returned to the UK in 2015. Mr. Ahmed pleaded guilty to the terrorist offences of conspiracy, and providing material support to the Taliban.

And Mr. Khan also campaigned for the release and repatriation of Shaker Aamer, Britain’s last Guantanamo detainee, who was returned to the UK in November.

Both Messrs Aamer and Ahmed provided Mr. Khan with links to the advocacy group CAGE, which described the Islamic State executioner Mohammed Emwazi as a “beautiful young man”, and which has campaigned on behalf of both men. Mr. Khan is reported to have shared a stage with five Islamic extremists, including at sex-segregated events. Even so, his poll numbers remain firm.

The ConservativeHome website lists even more concerns, including:

A letter to the Guardian in the wake of the 7/7 terrorist bombings on London, blaming terrorism on British Government policy;
His legal defence of Zacarias Moussaoui, a 9/11 terrorist who confessed to being a member of Al Qaeda;
His chapter in a book, entitled ‘Actions Against the Police’ which advises on how to bring charges against the police for “racism”. This is the same police force that Mr. Khan as London mayor would exercise authority over;
His defence of Islamist extremist Azzam Tamimi. When Dr. Tamimi told a crowd that the publication of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed would “cause the world to tremble” and predicted “Fire… throughout the world if they don’t stop”, Mr. Khan, who shared a platform with him, dismissed the threats as “flowery language”;
His platform-sharing with Suliman Gani, a south London imam who has urged female subservience to men, and called for the founding of an Islamic state.
THURSDAY

Londoners may, in small part, be swayed by the clutch of anti-Semitism that is now perceived to grip Labour. But with Mr. Khan’s lead, it is unlikely to be a large enough swing to keep him out of office.

On Friday morning, Londoners will likely get the news that their mayor for the next four years is a man with the judgement, priorities, and fellow travellers as laid out above. This, combined with an annual £16bn budget, and an army of police, bureaucrats, and officials, would make Mr. Khan one of the most powerful Muslims in the Western world.

This hollow fabric either must inclose,
Within its blind recess, our secret foes;
Or ‘t is an engine rais’d above the town,
T’ o’erlook the walls, and then to batter down.
Somewhat is sure design’d, by fraud or force:
Trust not their presents, nor admit the horse.’

– Virgil’s Aeneid

Follow Raheem Kassam on Twitter

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Lewinsky fails to endorse Clinton.
Monica Lewinsky recently released this to the press.

I will not vote for Hillary Clinton. The last Clinton Presidency left a bad taste in my mouth. As we get closer to November of this election year, citizens must remember that they cannot trust Hillary Clinton to create American jobs. The last time she had a meaningful job, she outsourced it to me. And I simply blew it".

Monica.

Keith

Looks like London is stuffed.

London Is About To Elect A Muslim Mayor Who Has Defended Islamists, 9/11 Terrorists, And Who Is Endorsed By Anti-Semites

GettyImages-520662932
Londoners go to the polls on Thursday to choose a replacement for the outgoing Mayor, Boris Johnson MP. Despite the fact the Labour Party is currently mired in an anti-Semitism scandal, if all things remain equal, expect the party’s candidate Sadiq Khan MP to be confirmed in the early hours of Friday morning.

Mr. Khan, 45, has had a successful career in the Labour Party, being elected to parliament in 2005, becoming a Minister of State in 2008 with a promotion in 2009. He was a Shadow Secretary of State for Justice from 2010-15, and has been running for London Mayor since then.

POLLING

In fact, as I predicted in January, the polls have changed very little since the beginning of the year. This is despite a negative-ad onslaught by the Conservative Party and its candidate Zac Goldsmith – the multi-millionaire son of Eurosceptic royalty Sir James Goldsmith, and brother of socialite and Vanity Fair editor Jemima Khan.

Mr. Goldsmith and his ‘Back Zac’ campaign have used the last few months to highlight Sadiq Khan’s proximity to Islamic extremists, extremism, and this past weekend, to anti-Semitism.

But perhaps it speaks to the mindset of Londoners, and certainly the British capital’s demographic shift, that such news has scarcely affected Mr. Khan.

In January, a YouGov poll put Mr. Goldsmith on 35 to Mr. Khan’s 45 per cent. When you take into account London’s supplementary voting system, the numbers after the second preference votes are counted ended up 45-55 to Mr. Khan.

Last week, that number stood at 40-6o to Mr. Khan. After second preference votes, the extremist-adjacent candidate has a 20 point poll lead.

While last week’s events – when one of Mr. Khan’s most prominent backers Ken Livingstone was implicated in a Hitler/anti-Semitism scandal – may serve to keep some of Mr. Khan’s voters at home, it is hard to imagine the Conservatives overturning such a drastic poll lead.

A MUSLIM MAYOR?

Polling suggests some people are nervous about having someone like Mr. Khan near an office that wields so much power, responsibility, and cash.

Private conversations with Westminster insiders often see Lutfur Rahman – the former Mayor of Tower Hamlets – raised as another example of a prominent Muslim mayor.

Mr. Rahman was removed from office, accused by critics of playing sectarian politics with the area’s Muslim population, of backing Islamists, and of distributing tax payer cash to his favoured Muslim groups to secure their support.

Mr. Rahman was found guilty of “corrupt and illegal practices” – and has perhaps set back the plight of the few, integrated British Muslims in elected life. He – alongside politicians like Humza Yousaf, Sayeeda Warsi, Rushanara Ali, Shabana Mahmood, Yasmin Qureshi, Amjad Bashir, Naz Shah, and Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh – have created a deep distrust between British voters and Muslim politicians.

In fact one third of Londoners remain suspicious of having a Muslim Mayor, and the likes of Sajid Javid or Syed Kamall suffer because of their co-religionists’ insistence on fellow-travelling with extremists, if not holding extremist views themselves.

EXTREMISM

And Mr. Khan can hardly claim a clean record. Mr. Goldsmith’s attacks are not without basis, though they have been shrugged off as “racism” or “Islamophobia” with the assistance of the left’s useful idiots like Owen Jones.

Apart from his somewhat threatening statements about not voting for him while claiming that “he is the West”, Mr. Khan’s own track record is perhaps one of the most sour of all Muslim politicians in the Western world.

In 2001 he was the lawyer for the Nation of Islam in its successful High Court bid to overturn the 15-year-ban on its leader, Louis Farrakhan.

In 2005 and 2006 he visited terror-charged Babar Ahmad in Woodhill Prison. Mr. Ahmed was extradited to the U.S. in 2012, serving time in prison before being returned to the UK in 2015. Mr. Ahmed pleaded guilty to the terrorist offences of conspiracy, and providing material support to the Taliban.

And Mr. Khan also campaigned for the release and repatriation of Shaker Aamer, Britain’s last Guantanamo detainee, who was returned to the UK in November.

Both Messrs Aamer and Ahmed provided Mr. Khan with links to the advocacy group CAGE, which described the Islamic State executioner Mohammed Emwazi as a “beautiful young man”, and which has campaigned on behalf of both men. Mr. Khan is reported to have shared a stage with five Islamic extremists, including at sex-segregated events. Even so, his poll numbers remain firm.

The ConservativeHome website lists even more concerns, including:

A letter to the Guardian in the wake of the 7/7 terrorist bombings on London, blaming terrorism on British Government policy;
His legal defence of Zacarias Moussaoui, a 9/11 terrorist who confessed to being a member of Al Qaeda;
His chapter in a book, entitled ‘Actions Against the Police’ which advises on how to bring charges against the police for “racism”. This is the same police force that Mr. Khan as London mayor would exercise authority over;
His defence of Islamist extremist Azzam Tamimi. When Dr. Tamimi told a crowd that the publication of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed would “cause the world to tremble” and predicted “Fire… throughout the world if they don’t stop”, Mr. Khan, who shared a platform with him, dismissed the threats as “flowery language”;
His platform-sharing with Suliman Gani, a south London imam who has urged female subservience to men, and called for the founding of an Islamic state.
THURSDAY

Londoners may, in small part, be swayed by the clutch of anti-Semitism that is now perceived to grip Labour. But with Mr. Khan’s lead, it is unlikely to be a large enough swing to keep him out of office.

On Friday morning, Londoners will likely get the news that their mayor for the next four years is a man with the judgement, priorities, and fellow travellers as laid out above. This, combined with an annual £16bn budget, and an army of police, bureaucrats, and officials, would make Mr. Khan one of the most powerful Muslims in the Western world.

This hollow fabric either must inclose,
Within its blind recess, our secret foes;
Or ‘t is an engine rais’d above the town,
T’ o’erlook the walls, and then to batter down.
Somewhat is sure design’d, by fraud or force:
Trust not their presents, nor admit the horse.’

– Virgil’s Aeneid

Follow Raheem Kassam on Twitter

London has got a bit of a history of electing nut cases, after all, they had several years of Loony Leftie Livingstone. You've got to give people enough rope to hang themselves with as Livingstone surely did. I've nothing against a Muslim Mayor. I shouldn't imagine the home of MI5 & MI6 will give him a lot of leeway and he won't have a lot of privacy!

Both the French & Russian Revolutions were planned in London with the full knowledge of the authorities - it's always been that kind of place...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
London has got a bit of a history of electing nut cases, after all, they had several years of Loony Leftie Livingstone. You've got to give people enough rope to hang themselves with as Livingstone surely did. I've nothing against a Muslim Mayor. I shouldn't imagine the home of MI5 & MI6 will give him a lot of leeway and he won't have a lot of privacy!

Both the French & Russian Revolutions were planned in London with the full knowledge of the authorities - it's always been that kind of place...

I'm amazed that people would vote for him, sure I know the Muslims will but they aren't the majority of Londoners yet despite your immigration policy.

Mike Pass

Supporter
More EU bollocks. I'm really glad that my 426 hemi powered jet washer and toaster are nearly finished.

Cheers
The whistleblower

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Just Think ...
If Donald Trump wins the election it'll be the first time in history that a billionaire moves into public housing, vacated by a black family!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Or this:

Attachments

• trump death star.jpg
    trump death star.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 326

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Just Think ...
If Donald Trump wins the election it'll be the first time in history that a billionaire moves into public housing, vacated by a black family!

It will also mark the first time in history there will be someone in the White House who's crafty at making deals.

As the story goes:

"When Trump purchased and rebuilt Mar-A-Lago the Grand mansion and estate In Palm beach, Florida he got into a dispute with the city, who are well known for being strict on zoning regulations. Trump put up a 50 foot flag pole even though 30 foot is the maximum allowed. The city imposed a 1,000 dollar fine per day. While Trump and the city argued back and forth, finally when the fine had reached 120,000 dollars Trump proposed a solution. He would donate that amount to veterans organizations, would move the flag and pole to a different location in front of the mansion and would only use a 30 foot flag pole. The city agreed. So Trump brought in the company who does Golf course construction had them build a 20 foot high grassy hill and put a 30 foot flag pole on top of that....."

There are multiple versions regarding the above story specifics-wise, but, evidently the story itself is basically true(?).

Regardless, here's my question: who would likely do the best job overseeing any kind of deal being made by the U.S.? Billary/Bernie/Biden/Pelosi or any of the rest of the crew that brought us both Obamacare and the Iran nuke deal (not to mention Benghazi, the "reset button", or the 'spendulus' bill)...any of the geniuses in all previous administrations who collectively have seen fit to hand us a $20 Trillion dollar nat'l debt...or Trump?

In any event, I'll wager "the establishment" in BOTH major U.S. political parties are now wishing they'd L-I-S-T-E-N-E-D to their respective bases over the past few decades...............especially the GOP's "establishment". :evil:

Last edited:
I am particularly impressed by the way Trump seems to enjoy wasting tax-payers money, fighting and bringing bs lawsuits through courts, clogging them up and generally acting like a bit of a tit, over a farking flag pole?!

Tit.

Has he sued any more satirical comedians lately!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I am particularly impressed by the way Trump seems to enjoy wasting tax-payers money, fighting and bringing bs lawsuits through courts, clogging them up and generally acting like a bit of a tit, over a farking flag pole?!

One man's "bs lawsuit" constitutes 'standing up for one's rights or for a principle' to another.

Trump has the time, legal staff, and $$$s to play hardball...a tactic the system was designed to reserve solely unto itself.

More power to him 'far as I'm concerned.

(Face it. He C-L-E-A-R-L-Y outsmarted "city hall" re: the whole thing. On top of that, since he gave the "fine" money to charity - he can write it off!)

Last edited:
One man's "bs lawsuit" constitutes 'standing up for one's rights or for a principle' to another.

Trump has the time, legal staff, and $$$s to play hardball...a tactic the system was designed to reserve solely unto itself.

More power to him 'far as I'm concerned.

(Face it. He C-L-E-A-R-L-Y outsmarted "city hall" re: the whole thing. On top of that, since he gave the "fine" money to charity - he can write it off!)

That's all well and good for people in general. Those supposedly intelligent enough to rules us all through strong, yet careful, considerate governance, are supposed to be above such petty BS.

If he can waste his own money on BS lawsuits, fair enough. One seeking the office of POTUS, really ought to have more respect for tax-payers dollars he is wasting by prove his point over a farking flag pole.

It's the ability of one to know the difference of what should be fought over, verses what should not, regardless of right, or wrong, that makes one special enough to lead.

If he thinks it's reasonable to sue a comic, for making a joke, what will he do if Putin calls him a pussy? Waste a bazillion dollars in rolling out the Tanks?

Pricks are just pricks. Rightly or wrongly. You vote for a prick if you like pricks Larry. I wish you well, but encourage you not to give power away to one who so easily and carelessly announces to the world that he truly is a prick. If he at least had the common sense to mask it, well, I guess that would make voting for him not quite so inanely stupid. To vote for him with eyes wide open though, knowing he's a tit, is beyond my comprehension. Just because the world went too far left, is no reason to vote for such a douchebag.

As I say though. Good luck with that. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm not sure how my asking, "who would likely do the best job overseeing any kind of deal", somehow morphed into what it has, but:

Yeeeeup...you may be right. Maybe 'twould be better to elect at least 4 more years of Obama on steroids...4 more years of lowering the U.S credit rating, increasing the nat'l debut, shrinking the military, letting China, Russia, Iran, an' Lil' Kim do as they please, drawing more "red lines in the sand", continuing to favor Palestine over Israel as well as other disasters in in foreign policy, swapping multiple Islamic terrorists for a single traitor/deserter, seeing 'flat' GDP growth, precious little job growth (and most of that being part time), seeing ever increasing record numbers of people on food stamps, allowing never-ending swarms of illegals to stroll into the country with the goal of granting citizenship to them and those already here, seeing huge increases in health care premiums, seeing further decline in median household incomes, more convicted felons being released from prison, more "fossil fuel" industries being shut down by federal regs like the coal industry has been, more illegal "recess" appointments, seeing endless "executive orders" being issued in place of constitutional LAWS being passed by congress, watching the Supreme Court be PACKED with faaaaaaaaaar left liberals, seeing more 'name-it-and-claim-it' "potty rules", and on and on and on.

Or perhaps, in light of the "elect anyone but Trump" movement, we ought to elect an admitted socialist (Sanders) who will probably do all the aforesaid while additionally providing 'free everything' to millions of Americans at the expense of 'the OTHER guy'. 'Can't see any possibility of an economic train wreck there.

Yup, in light of all the above, I think you're probably correct. Trump clearly appears to be the worst option alright.

Just for info: I'm not a passenger on "Trump Train". But, I'm far, far, faaaaaaaaaar less of a fan of what's been going on over the past 7.5 years. THAT CRAP has to stop - IMMEDIATELY. Bernie or 'Billary' won't change any of it. That's a 'GIVEN'. If anything, either one of them would make things worse.

So...aside from those two, who else is going to be on the ballot, Mark?

(Mic drop. Larry out. ;))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back