cav first generation

Hi again!

Now they have decided to approve the car:) But they needed Total weight, total front axle weight and total rear axle weight. Since this is a GTD CAV said that this depends on the engine and drive-train. I have already got papers that the frame can hold an v8. They suggested that i just weigh the car and add 2x75 kg (2 persons). But I don't know the waight of the front and rear axle total weights. So if anybody have those data for a GTD or another fabric , I appreciate it.

Br Atle

As a ballpark number... most GT40's seem to have about 40/60 weight distribution ( 40% front/ 60% rear )... So if you assume a total weight of 2400 lb total that would be 960lb front and 1440 lb rear. obviously yours wont be those exact numbers, but something close to that. Howard Jones should have weights etc for his car as he is up to speed with corner weights etc. ( GTD based IIRC )

As a ballpark number... most GT40's seem to have about 40/60 weight distribution ( 40% front/ 60% rear )... So if you assume a total weight of 2400 lb total that would be 960 lb front and 1440 lb rear. obviously yours wont be those exact numbers, but something close to that. Howard Jones should have weights etc for his car as he is up to speed with corner weights etc. ( GTD based IIRC )

GTD with 302and Renault tranny = 620lbs./610lbs. front wheels - 750lbs./775lbs. rear wheels - 12 US gals. of fuel and 180lb driver, This is a 45% front/55% rear distribution of 2755lbs. Hope this helps.

Howard Jones

Supporter
My GTD has a few less pieces and more Aluminum parts than Buds. Less driver, fuel, 2555 lbs.

Very nice looking car. Congratulations on all the hard work. Keep at it. You will prevail if you just keep doing what the officials say they want. Usually its just a matter of convincing them you are cooperating with and recognizing their authority. A few "thank you for all your help" along the way usually helps.

If you can, keep going back to the same official and address him/her by his first name.

Pat

Supporter
Congratulations!
It's a beautiful car and I'm sure worth all the effort. Now's the time to enjoy it on the road!

Back