KVA GTD (C) 351W in bits in the shed

Hi to everyone. Yes its spread out between two sheds and the garage. I have owned the chassis and body for almost two years, during which time I have been collecting other parts. The plan is for a road going car capable of the occasional trackday. Chassis modifications are almost complete. I have been reading posts on here for some time and have taken many ideas and plenty of inspiration from them, so many thanks to the members. Hoping to catch some members at Oulton Park this weekend, more photographs required to answer the endless amount of technical queries. Best wishes from Liverpool

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Patrick,
You can meet up with the NW GT40 Club members on Sunday or Monday. We will be in the usual spot overlooking cascades. Should be 5 cars and other members around. I have a fair bit of info on KVAs etc.
Cheers
Mike

Hi John sorry its ages since my post. I will attempt to attach some pics. I would welcome your comments regarding my assumptions on the chassis type etc. Regards Patrick

Attachments

• 20160530_140707.jpg
    20160530_140707.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 544
  • 20160530_140606.jpg
    20160530_140606.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 472
  • 20160525_191302.jpg
    20160525_191302.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 503

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Patrick,
Having looked at your pics there are some significant differences between what you have and a KVA C type chassis. The rear uprights are not like a KVA and look more like GTD. The chassis front is completely different to a KVA. The KVA chassis is tapered in at the front and therefore the front wishbones have a short and a long side. I don't know if your car was always like this or if it has been radically modified. It may be that it is a car that was intermediate car built by GTD between the KVAs built by GTD and the first GTDs. To me your chassis is far more like GTD than a KVA C type. A bit more investigation may help. Is there a chassis number anywhere?
I will look up some KVA and GTD chassis pics for comparison purposes. I have way too many pics to post here so I have sent you a private mail via this forum. See left above.
Cheers
Mike

The way the rear suspension pick up points are just kind of hung out there. Behind the rear bulkhead looks pretty weak. Looks like they made the chassis too short & just had to tack them on behind. Just my 2 cents worth but I'd sure be looking at that.

Hi the photos are of the early KVA with GTD subframes welded on which was how GTD first started making GT40s. They did a bolt on front subframe as an alternative if you preferred. My car is built using GTD suspension mounted on my own subframes on the same early KVA. Hope this helps, Kev Farrington

Hi thank you for the replies and information, all taken note of. I will post some more pics and will continue to do so through the build process. Cheers

Back