Windshield dimensions

Looking for someone with a new build who hasn't installed their windshield yet.
I need dimensions for top and bottom corner to corner width, side height and center height.
Thanks, Steve

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Steve,

I have a windshield still in packaging material. I can take the measurements for you but not sure if yours is the same. Kits do vary a little.

Regards,
Renato

Thanks, Renato. Bill Mussara Just got me a nice package of pictures and measurements. Now I'll be looking for glass- the car will be modified to fit.
Steve

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
If you are looking for a replacement windshield for a GT40, check with Factory Five Racing for a GTM Windshield. I'm told it is a perfect fit in an RCR40. RCR40's use molds taken from original cars..

Looking for someone with a new build who hasn't installed their windshield yet.
I need dimensions for top and bottom corner to corner width, side height and center height.
Thanks, Steve

Just noticed this post.
If you are looking for a Kellison (not GT-40) windshield, Kellison used a Corvair windshield. Good luck!

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Dan White used to supply windshields. Not sure if he still does.

I'm looking to replace the Corvair windshield. Overall dimensions of this car are much closer to those of a GT40 than most would expect. The windshield difference is the biggest problem. With the measurements I now know how involved changing the glass out will be,the car will be modified to fit the glass. First I contacted Cushman (since my wife want to go to Maine) but he had none, also emailed Dan but no reply. After helping a friend out with his FF Cobra I checked out the website for GTM parts-windshield was not listed- I'm waiting for an email from them now. I've cut laminated glass before so considered making my own from a larger glass but the top curve would be hard to do.
Saving coated polycarbonate for a last resort, I have two suppliers willing to cut to my dimensions…
Thanks,Steve

Hello Steve - Just a thought here from a fellow Kellison, or more accurately Kellison predecessor Universal Plastics Sebring GT, owner: have member Bill Hough cast up a windshield area section from his GT 40 spider mold and then graft in onto your spider section. Seems like an inexpensive way to accomplish your goal without all the hassle. Good luck with your project. Would like to see you post some pics of the car.

Back