Boriani wire wheels

Hi, looking for 5 Boriani wire wheels.

Good rebuildable condition.

I don't expect to find it all as a job lot, so a wheel here and a pair there will do.

3 of 8" front and 2 of 10" rear.

Cash waiting, shipping from the USA is fine, i have space available in a container from California to France every few weeks, but UK or Europe will be more local.

No hurry, any time in the next two years, it will take me that long to get all the other parts and the chassis built.

You can probably find some 8 inch borranis, they went on a fair number of cars in the 50's and 60's. Finding the 10 inch is a whole different matter however as those would be very rare.

You could start with Borrani themselves here and see what it costs: CLASSIC WHEELS - Ruote Borrani

These folks also know what they're doing:

Precision Wire Wheels
714 South 57th Street
Quincy, Illinois 62305

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The Daytons are very nice, we use them on our 289 Cobras but only the Borranis have the alloy rim. You will be hard pressed to find a used set of the GT40 Borranis, most all have been scooped up. I have a front currently at the SPF factory being used to set up for splined hubs as a GT40 option. Best case is buying a set of new wheels as the restoration costs are not far behind a new set.

And no one has mentioned my misspelling.

Yeah, I have found a good 8 inch already. Oddly enough about 10 miles down the road, which does go to prove you never know what is hiding in people sheds. Good enough for the spare wheel as is, no loose spokes and it runs true.

I like Daytons, but they just don't look right and I have decided I want the car to look like a well kept unrestored original, not a shiny #6 gulf Mk1, so a the patina is important. I saw a mk3 in the uk with chrome Daytons and the wheels made it look aweful.

As to new Borranis, I suppose if I can find just the 8" for reasonable money I could spring for the 10" later ( if they still do them I couldn't see that size in the price list I have) new, but the prices are quite extreme.2 new is tolerable, 5 new would put a massive dent in my budget.

Last edited:
Back