OEM Steering Wheels

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew Fordyce:
Oh B*gger, Paul, Please Help!
I am the Weakest Link, Goodbye.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Andrew - As requested :
GT40%20Steering%20Wheel%20Front.JPG

regards
Paul Thompson

Ref Moto Lita steering wheels.
I used to be a distributor for these wheels years ago, and Simon Green was a great guy. In those days they were based in Surbiton.
I seem to remember that they were the only steering wheels that were covered in a single piece of leather. The "spats" that cover the end of the spokes are not seperate as on other makes.
These wheels are superb quality.
smile.gif
smile.gif

G

Lynn,

The hex shape quick releases on page 107 of the Pegasus catalog 21 aren't good enough? They are $49. This application require the involute spline or equivalent?

thanks,

G

No, none of the racing type suited me as I wanted to keep the turn signal and horn. I also didn't want an inch and a half of the insides of the column's hub showing. These releases are about 1 1/4-1 1/2" and the hub of the column is 3 - 3 1/2" This adapter adds much less to the overall length when used with a jeep boss (same as chevy but 1/3 to 1/2 as long) I am VERY happy with this purchase!! (did have to have a 3/8" adapter made since they are set for mouteny (sp).

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Paul,
Is there any chance of you contacting your mate "Do Not Delete" and getting a copy of those drawings of the boss and bezel for me ?
I have a nice piece of Titanium waiting to make an original style boss for my car.

Hello again - (after meeting you at Goodwood Yesterday....)

I'll see what I can do.

Also - re posted picture as it seems to have disappeared from earlier posts.

Attachments

• 42691-GT40Stee.JPG
    42691-GT40Stee.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 592

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Cheers Paul,
It was nice meeting you yesterday.
If there is anything I can do for you in return, please let me know.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Paul,
I got my original pattern Moto-Lita wheel today. Gorgeous !
14" diameter and Ford blue/grey with the separate spats.
Moto-Lita will now produce 14" wheels in both b/g and black with a turnover of five weeks.
They also manufacture rear bosses for various column fittings.
The price for the wheel is now £125 + 17.5% VAT

Back