NEC Classic Car Show 2016 Pics

Mike Pass

Supporter
A few pics of the club stand taken yesterday at the NEC Classic Car Show. As you can see the guys have done an ace job organising, setting up and manning the stand. A real coup to get the new Ford GT race car on display. Fascinating to see the difference that a mere 50 years makes. I still prefer the original cars but I may be biased. It was very busy and I had to wait for a gap to get the pics. Great job gentlemen.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Club stand NEC 2016.jpg
    Club stand NEC 2016.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 1,047
  • Club stand NEC 2016 2.jpg
    Club stand NEC 2016 2.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 696
  • Club stand NEC 2016 3.jpg
    Club stand NEC 2016 3.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 684
  • Club stand NEC 2016 4.jpg
    Club stand NEC 2016 4.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 911
  • Club stand NEC 2016 5.jpg
    Club stand NEC 2016 5.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 455

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Either there are two FGT race cars sporting the number "68", or Ford did a heap of cleaning/body repair work on the car before it arrived at the NEC show!!!
Here's what it looked like at the SEMA Show in 'Vegas a bit over week ago:

1477969851383.jpg

You can't see it in this photo, but, there was about a 6" diameter hole in the top rear of the left front fender. What specifically caused it I have no idea...

The Car at Vegas is the original "68" race car, the one at the NEC, UK, was the spare built for the 24 Hrs, Le Mans, it happens to be in "68" livery!
It is a complete race car, the guys at the NEC were told not to sit in it, start it nor put it in gear?
Keep it away from the touch of the public, NO drink & NO Crisps allowed but not bothered about stone chips & the Arnco at 200 mph?

Cheers David.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The Car at Vegas is the original "68" race car, the one at the NEC, UK, was the spare built for the 24 Hrs, Le Mans, it happens to be in "68" livery!
It is a complete race car, the guys at the NEC were told not to sit in it, start it nor put it in gear?
Keep it away from the touch of the public, NO drink & NO Crisps allowed but not bothered about stone chips & the Arnco at 200 mph?

Cheers David.

Well, there you go! That 'splains' it then! I couldn't see how the SEMA car could possibly have been cleaned/repaired/shipped and arrive in time for NEC.

And, yes, I was aware the SEMA car was the actual race car. That fact was announced over the Ford booth's P/A system at the 'Show. Besides, as you can tell from the photo, it looked the part! :D

FYI, The car at NEC was indeed the 'show car', note no aerials on the roof.

We were lucky enough to have it at work at a meet the drivers event earlier this year.

Regards Steve

Back