Uk gt40 wanted

Hi guys,
Been lurking on here for a while without registering

I'm looking for a gt40 with a preference of the folloŵing

400bhp plus
Gulf colours
Down draught webers
Non q plate

I'm not 100% sure on what cars would fit the bill?
I'm 6 foot 3 inch and I'm not sure I could fit in all the cars available
I understand CAV cars are suitable for 6 foot 3 inch drivers, can you guys comment?

I'm looking for a finished car with full uk registration, good quality build, and good finish

Thanks
Will

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Will,

We have a North West group of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club.We meet up not too far from you at the Bells of Peover on the first Wednesday of every month from about 7.30pm.

Bells of Peover, The Cobbles, Lower Peover, Knutsford WA16 9PZ

The Bells of Peover :: Restaurant in Knutsford, Cheshire :: Home

We will also have 4 cars at the Manchester Classic Car Show next weekend 17th and 18th September. This is held at Event City which is next to The Trafford Centre on the M60 ring road. We will have 2 GTDs, a Tornado and a one off aluminium honeycomb car on the stand. Come along and see if you fit in one.

Home | Manchester Classic Car Show

Cheers
Mike

Hi mike
I'm at that event with the sporting bears motor club
Not sure what car I will be bringing but will call on the stand and introduce myself if that's ok

Will

This car ( GTD40) is for sale by club member in East Sussex.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 958
You will fit in a CAV at 6'3 as they have an adjustable foot pedal box and a bit bigger cockpit. I'm 5'11 and 225 and have tons of room and the guy I bought my car from was 6'3. I use to have a GTD GT40 also and think you'd fit in that also.

Hi Gary

That's good to hear, I have sat mikes car,a GTD, and it was very "snug", I would fit a bubble to the car just to give me that extra little bit of space I need.

The only thing I need now is a car!

Help!!!!!!

Will

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I have a DAX and will be moving to Scotland.
I am 6'3" and far too many pounds to publish. I fit easily in the car as I built it to fit me. As most events tend to be down South it would mean a 300 mile trip each way so I think limited opportunities for use other than a blast around the highlands in the all too often average speed camera areas!

So could possibly be talked into a sale. But it does not fit some of your requirements having Morgan and EFI.

Ask around as it is a known car having been to a lot of Enthusiast Club events and LMC 3 times etc.

Ian

Back