New Ford GT pictures

at first I was like 'do want!'

but then I remembered it's not a V8, so it's about the same as being given a bag of floppy penises.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
at first I was like 'do want!'

but then I remembered it's not a V8, so it's about the same as being given a bag of floppy penises.

Forever stuck in the 6th grade Alex? :blank:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The NFGT looks great...I just can't 'go' with the whole V6 thing.

I still want to see what the new mid-engine 'Vette looks like. At least anyone with the price of admission wanting to buy one of those can (without having to meet prerequisite 'pedigree' standards, BTW)...and, as an extra little bonus, it's V8 powered as well (reportedly with a 1,000 h.p. TT option available).

'Could prove 'interesting'...

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I myself, am waiting anxiously for the mid engine vette. I keep looking at the C7, but will holdout for the C8. Like Larry says, you won't have to beg GM to sell you one.

Just look at the Jaguar XJ220, on of the most exciting looking cars of its age and then they stuck a V6 in it, thing became an instant flop on the market !

The photos are great. The new car is spectacular looking. Not sure about the fabric on the seats. A true visual treat.

However the V6 is a negative. I've heard the race cars and I assume the street version will sound similar. My 54 Corvette six sounds interesting. I can't say the same for the Eco V6.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The NFGT looks great...I just can't 'go' with the whole V6 thing.

I still want to see what the new mid-engine 'Vette looks like. At least anyone with the price of admission wanting to buy one of those can (without having to meet prerequisite 'pedigree' standards, BTW)...and, as an extra little bonus, it's V8 powered as well (reportedly with a 1,000 h.p. TT option available).

'Could prove 'interesting'...

I don't think the LS V8 sounds much better than the ECO V6.

PS I'll believe it when I see it(you behind the wheel on the highway and not in your garage up on jack stands making vrooom vrooom sounds)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't think the LS V8 sounds much better than the ECO V6.

You shudda stopped at, "I don't think"!

(Regardless, a pair of 2-chamber Flowmasters will remedy any 'imaginary issues' you might have in that area. :D)

PS I'll believe it when I see it(you behind the wheel on the highway and not in your garage up on jack stands making vrooom vrooom sounds)

Hey! Whaddaya talkin' about? I've had my new D.D. for about 4 months now an' it already has a whopping 600 miles on it. :lipsrsealed:

That V6 is underwhelming. For their supercar technical showcase Ford should have come up with a V10 or V12.......or at least a V8!

As Frank said, the XJ220 was going to be a show stopper with a V12.....but then folks couldn't cancel their pre-orders fast enough when it was revealed they had instead gone with a V6. There's a lesson in there somewhere for Ford.

For that much money you kind of expect more than six pistons.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
No no it does not move me like my GT40 does and there are better places to invest money if that is your angle. By the time they start showing up in people's hands, it will be 2018 and there will be newer and even flashier kids on the block. When EV get's figured out, all of these modern super cars are going to be outgunned and will lose their appeal. What will be left are the true classics and the latest and greatest in technology which is moving target that soon will leave petrol powered vehicles behind.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
sx1zt6ejgalwwabsbmqw.jpg

taefihvepatf44xnnjz4.png

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That's the only design cue I think they missed on. The rest of it looks pretty good.

Back