Mercury Rising Engine

Hey folks,
Does anyone have any experience with the Mercury Rising SB4 - 7.0 engine? They use the LS7 and install their 32 valve design making 750 HP from what I understand. Price for crate engine including ECU is less that 30K and comes in multiple color combinations.

no experience with them, at first I was afraid you might be referencing that 4V head crook (can't remember his name - Arao?). Mercury Racing is at least is a real company. Question is whether to take a chance on an engine that can't possibly have the same development time on it vs a lower compression LS with a blower on it. And any extensive servicing on the Mercury has to be done there I would think.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It was just shown at the SEMA show in Las Vegas last fall. I'm relatively sure no one has experience with them yet. I' interested, and will be watching the development.

Mercury actually had those at SEMA in 2015. Seems like it has taken a long time to get to market - and it is not clear what the availability actually is. Valves on the 2-valve LS7 are huge, so even if these don't breath any better, the lighter valves should open up the reliable RPM range.

But that engine is pretty wide across the valve covers. May have some fitment issues in some cars.

Back