Something is missing

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Do you mean without A/C :lipsrsealed:

This delay is what happens when I'm not skilled enough to fab my own exhaust and I'm at the mercy of someone who is :)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
This delay is what happens when I'm not skilled enough to fab my own exhaust and I'm at the mercy of someone who is :)

'Same principle applies to the rest of us whether we're talkin' 'headers' or a host of other things...even something as simple as dry cleaning! :D

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Mike
Want to borrow the 302 pipes to get the car on the road this year?

Seriously, they are in the shed waiting for me to build the 302 and swap out for the Morgan unit.

Ian

Do you mean without A/C :lipsrsealed:

What utter Bullshit:), Ive seen photos of you, you have two eyes, both hands and fingers, must have a degree of patience since you have not thrown your toys out of the cot yet after this long wait. Get yourself off to a tech course on welding or even buy a book on how to weld, buy/rent a oxy acetylene plant and weld- anything, the gas welding will develop the torch control reqd for the tig welding you will want when you get brave enough attempt something like exhausts, not that you cant build a set with gas welding. Skills are gained by doing stuff yourself, not paying others to play!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you Ian for the generous offer. I am good for now and the system is currently being constructed.

Jac, that statement was tongue in cheek. I have tore this car into pieces and have done all the work myself. I know it inside and out now. I did have my engine builder assemble and run in the engine. I did have my painter paint the car. My fab guys are really talented and I want top shelf results. I'm a professional and frankly don't have the time to learn this skill. I am disappointed at how long it is taking but being we are in the middle of winter I would not be driving the car with the sand and junk on the roads. Rest assured it will be on the road by May once the bits are complete and the roads are clean ;)

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Light at the end of the tunnel. Still need to be burnished.

ko0.jpg

ko1.jpg

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,

Knowing your fellow GT40 brethren admire and desire fine auto jeweler as you do, I know you're not so selfish that you would make only one set of those beautiful billet knockoff's so we're just waiting for you to tell us what a production set is selling for.

But if you're sharing the beauty of those billet knockoff's just to make us green with envy it's not working :D

tk

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I was thinking I might have a few extra sets made up just in case. I'll share details when I have more info. I know when we measured the thread and chamfer on the OEM SPF knockoffs, they were not as precise as I wanted. These are very precise.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
You got it. I'll be more generous to forum sponsors who kick a little money Ron's way ;)

Stopped by the shop today to swap out shocks. Things are getting going now and should be done with exhaust and misc fabrication in a couple weeks. Then another couple weeks for fine tuning and it should be ready for summer 2017. I seriously cannot wait!

One of the boy's toys. It's for sale.

2017030500.jpg

2017030501.jpg

2017030502.jpg

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Not a Lotus 11, 15 or 17 as they were never made as "left hand drive".

Also, why make a replica in such format unless it is for road use??

It has a plate on it, so looks like it is for road use. I just can't understand all these GT40's being built with LHD too!

Mike, I believe you have posted about that shop before and was impressed with their work then as well as now. Very cool to have what appears to have access to what appears (at least on the internet) to be true craftsmen.. it is hard to find.

Looking forward to seeing the GT40 back up and running

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Indeed Kevin, finding someone that comes close to my attention to detail or OCD depending on who you ask, is nearly impossible. I've told them they have to keep the shop running until I'm dead and gone :)

Back