Annual Texas Cobra Club Spring meet reg. info 3-2917-4-2-17

Howard Jones

Supporter
I'm getting my GT40 registered in the great state of Texas this week and I'll see ya all there! I'm registered for the event already. Maybe I'll do the track day. Can I pay at the event for that? Not sure the car is ready and I need a couple of days in the garage.

Howard, that would be fantastic!
Yes, you pay at the track.
In prior years the turnout was pretty low so you get about all the track time you want.
Hope to see you there.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Did the track event today. Got a couple of sessions in, maybe 35 laps, with the GT40 before I cut a rear tire down. Seams somebody's camera mount came off and I ran over a big chunk of the magnet. Not a big thing really but I really don't like magnet mount cameras on track or suction cup types either. They could take someone's head off. Cameras are fine but they really should be hard mounted (nuts and bolts to chassis hard points)

Came home on the AAA flat bed. Score one for the wife. She got me AAA for the tow out from California and it came in handy today. Car is fine just lost a tire with a big cut in it and damage from the slide. I ordered a new tire from tire rack and we'll get it all fixed up as soon as it arrives.

I had a lot of fun and met some new friends. That was the goal anyway. Nice people and I look forward to the barbeque tomorrow.

God bless Texas. Ya alllllllllllllllll

Back