A start on the electrical, I added a fuse box to allow for electric door locks, windows, interior lighting etc. and you can see the KYB electric power steering unit up front under the trunk.
IMG_7374_zpsittajsml.jpg

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Yep ... Everyone's right he's bonkers
H is living the dream to have his own GT-R and building a superb car
Luckily for him he has a lot of OEM. Parts to play with
Go for it H !!!!

This is where the front wheel should ride with three inches of ride height splitter to floor, its the reason that I mounted the splitter to the top side of the aluminum floor, also the leading edge is one inch above the flat bottom of the car, once the car has a bit of rake the splitter underside should be about flat to the floor
IMG_7180_zpslxut32oi.jpg

Well done, I love the OEM parts mix on the car. This is one of my favourite "practical" RCR cars and I look forward to your next post to see it progress. It will surely be a great car to drive.

First time I popped in for a look. WOW very nice work. It looks like you took your time thinking about what you wanted and how to do it. Great results. Look forward to seeing more.

Richard

H, Good to see your work! We met at Charlotte 3 years ago. I have been considering several areas on my GTR including tailights. I believe that the stock GT assemblies account for the mount angle in their lensing and I was leaning to "frenching" the lights or seeing if I could find stock that I can afford. Did not consider frenching with acrylic. What is your lamp source?
KYB steering assist. I looked online and found suspension components. Please point in in correct direction.
Looking good and thanks again.
Mike

H, Good to see your work! We met at Charlotte 3 years ago. I have been considering several areas on my GTR including tailights. I believe that the stock GT assemblies account for the mount angle in their lensing and I was leaning to "frenching" the lights or seeing if I could find stock that I can afford. Did not consider frenching with acrylic. What is your lamp source?
KYB steering assist. I looked online and found suspension components. Please point in in correct direction.
Looking good and thanks again.
Mike
Hi Mike
Only the crazy can afford the stock lights at $1,500.00 a piece, they were $500.00 a piece back a few years when we were racing. Ill be making them available once I get going.
KYB is way high $$$ stuff, I only used it because it was obsolete too our cars and gathering dust, try a unit from a Saturn View/Chevy Equinox affordable and there are apparently controllers available on line.

Internal door release handle
IMG_7487_zpsz1vcz33v.jpg

This pocket will get covered in felt or something like and works with the door card to trim out the doors perfectly.

Back