Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We do supply Aerocatch latches with the kit for the tail.

As our GTR was inspired by the Robertson race car not the street car , our engine cover lifts off

On the tail lights. The Lotus Elise uses similar ones (white center in red) don't know about the diameter though. They may be smaller?

And the hood hinges, a few refinements but basically there.
IMG_7569_zpsadbh4jnr.jpg

H,
Beautiful work! I have lots of questions. First, on the front "hood".
Did you lay up the return flange on the movable part before you cut it loose?
The hinges look OEMish, what are they?
There is equipment installed on the left side of the splitter forward of the wheel, can you tell us what that is?
Tail lights.
I have failed to find the lights that you are using. Can you explain their lighting. Are there separate elements for tail and brake or same elements at different intensity? Am I correct in assuming 4 wire, backup, tail, brake, and ground?
Windows.
Any update?
Again, fantastic work. Add me to your "I want it" list.
thanks again,
Mike

H,
Beautiful work! I have lots of questions. First, on the front "hood".
Did you lay up the return flange on the movable part before you cut it loose?
The hinges look OEMish, what are they?
There is equipment installed on the left side of the splitter forward of the wheel, can you tell us what that is?
Tail lights.
I have failed to find the lights that you are using. Can you explain their lighting. Are there separate elements for tail and brake or same elements at different intensity? Am I correct in assuming 4 wire, backup, tail, brake, and ground?
Windows.
Any update?
Again, fantastic work. Add me to your "I want it" list.
thanks again,
Mike

Hi Mike.
Re the hood no I didn't lay up the flanges first, this however was a mistake on my part. It was my original intention to do it that way, but I ended up ignoring my better judgment as when the two parts were cut up without flanges the mating edges distorted in relation to each other making me hate to do a lot more work in making plywood profiles to support the pieces when I did come to add the returns.
What my original intent was to cut with a 1/16th cutoff wheel 4" long slot leave an inch, cut a 4" slot leave an inch and so on. Then insert a piece of aluminum with a profiled and notched top edge into the slots, this would have allowed me to lay up both flanges (hood and fender) at the same time.

Hinges are indeed OEM they can be found on EBay some times.

The box ahead of the LF wheel is the windscreen washer fluid bottle and pump.

Tail lights. they will use a light similar to the one Fran supplies but with a red Lexan or maybe a glass fiber bezel that will hold them perpendicular to the ground. If glass fiber my intention would be to try painting them with a red chrome type of paint, really haven't got there yet, the mould for either way is almost done to use for Vacuum forming Lexan or to use for glass fiber ones. the concept is basically there but bay not become available for sale until that become a necessity for my build. As for the reverse light I hope to find some 2+" white LED lamps and be able to bore a hole into the centre of the light unit and bond it in drilling a hole straight through the light for the wires, fingers crossed it won't damage the circuit board, it will be a little trial and error I think at first.

Windows. I was fortunate enough to have a full set of parts stripped from a street car we converted to a track day car, even so it took sixty hours to make it work within the Kit doors as the OEM doors are built up out of 4 or five layers of aluminum pressings and its those inner 3 that all the internals mount to, it took copious amounts of time to re create all the mounting points within the door to allow me to mount all the parts.

Finally every one has to understand that I am fortunate to have access to the cars in the shop that allow me to do stuff not all will be able to do or have. Where I can or have to come up with a part that can be reproduced to a reasonable level and quality at a reasonable price ill offer them up to all that want them.

Curent parts that will come will be Tail lights, Fog light buckets, and stamped 3D mesh panels for the tail cut outs when I get that far.

Regards

H

On to the hand brake, Camaro SS/Cadilac CTS shoes.
IMG_7664_zpsqxhmemnq.jpg

Milling 2mm deep flat 110mm long to accept a block for the hand brake cable and mechanism.
IMG_7668_zps4fikzzzi.jpg

Cable mount block bolted to the side of the upright.
IMG_7672_zpsuqlaumei.jpg

Making a back plate to clamp between the hub and upright.
IMG_7671_zpscoluindi.jpg

I think this might work.
IMG_7673_zps2fft5yyj.jpg

Back