My Lotus build

No Ian I don't think they're needed on a street car. I don't think they were doing that much yet in about 1970. Trying to keep it pretty well in period 69-71.

Thanks Jimmy a whole lot of elbow grease that's for sure LOL Now if I just get on with it & stop thinking of other things to do to it LOL

Boy Ill tell ya. This building your own body. Is like the sign "You don't have to be crazy to work here. We'll train you" LOL Getting everything to line up & clearances. Just when you think you've got it you find low (or high) spots etc. Getting to the point I can take a mold is driving me crazy (that's not a drive. It's a short putt ) LOL

I know if I don't make the corrections in the plug. I'll just have to do it later in the final piece. I just get antsy to get to the next step. That getting antsy conflicts with my basic perfectionism LOL

I had been debating the looks of either a full width chin spoiler. Or the side wings like the T70 used. I made these up the other day & tried them on (only hot glued). I think I'll keep these. I'll need to make molds so I can replace them if/when they get damaged LOL I didn't want to just cut out some aluminum for them. I thought that might be a little too shin unfriendly LOL These are rounded & blunt along the edges so won't do much damage if bumped. These are foam with just a thin covering of veil. Nose section is getting very close to being ready to pull molds.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Looking a lot better.

For some reason that front end shot remined me of the cartoon Cars from a few years back!

Ian

Ian not as bad as when it looked like this. What I call the "Chevron happy car look" LOL

But once I get the two round intakes under the headlights & it's all painted the same color. I think it'll look more like this:

Only my colors will be black & gold

Back