Cables cables cables, having finished up on the hand brake hub package i moved onto cables, first a mount for the hand brake cable out into the engine bay, it will have to be left at that until I get the engine and trans in the way.

Hood release was next I'd picked up a cable from the salvage yard with the hood logo on it, it should work well with the dash once I get that going but for now its just screwed to the tub.

Next I started to work on the engine cover release who's location is determined by the interior trim panels as it fits in a pocket in the head lining. So first had to make a panel onto which the front of the head lining can mount which also holds fasteners for the sun visors, then work my way back from there.

IMG_7696_zpsny4f4nki.jpg

IMG_7697_zpslhrxzu6c.jpg

Im blown away by the level of detail. Sensational, hopefully Fran can introduce some of these mods into production.

Ron McCall

Supporter
Nice! The A-pillar and headliner look great! Any reason why you went through all of the trouble instead of waiting for the parts from Superlite? I'm thinking that these should be available from the factory very soon?? Same with the side windows.

Ron

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
He wants to use as many OEM parts as he can....because he has them not like us mere mortals that have to design and manufacture new ones.

Oh well good to know that if you eBay score GT parts that they can be intergrated into the RCR variant.

Loving the build and good reference for future Builders.

I don't even know what to say! I've been away for while and just went through this build thread. This is the most incredible build I have seen so far. I love the fabrication of the parts and the use of the oem goodies. Thank you for sharing here on the forum.

A little more interior mock up
IMG_7789_zpsaazghfff.jpg

Radio housing In
IMG_7788_zpsvyukscpq.jpg

Im really pleased with the way the interior is coming together now, a little more work to extend the dash and then its done until final build.

So for todays tasks, I made a mount for the gas cap opener.
IMG_7790_zpsdlgnl6tu.jpg

Then started in on making the tunnel cover, A job I wasn't looking forward to.
The first trial fit
IMG_7797_zpsncr9nv6e.jpg

Last edited:
Back