GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I tend to agree with you, Rod...he thinks there are no restrictions on what he can do and the "rabid right" will support him to the bitter end.

He needs to go to jail for treason for revealing classified info to the Russians. The "rabid right" can just go pound sand...I remember them railing over Hillary Clinton's actions, which were much less eggregious than Trump's.

There is no hope for the Republicans if they take an obstructionist stance...the Dem's will take back control of congress if the Repubs do!

The voting public is tired of this already...and I fear it will get even worse. How long before he entrusts our military secrets to the President of North Korea...perhaps information regarding the number and locations of our missile defense systems?

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I dunno Doug..

According to a political analyst on CNN today, both the POTUS and VPOTUS can change the classification of any information at all without any overview or approval process...

If you're going to try and hang him, you better have a better case..

All this said - I don't think he did the right thing, but then again, I am not his judge. That's up to Congress...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
He needs to go to jail for treason for revealing classified info to the Russians.

Where's the PROOF??????????????? WHAT improperly revealed/discussed "classified info" was that exactly, Doug? McMaster was IN THE ROOM during those discussions and he flat-out INSISTS nothing of the sort happened. (Footnote: POTUS has the power to classify and UNclassify info whenever he sees fit. He needs nobody's permission to do that. So, the left is just SOL as regards even trying to impeach him for anything he might have chosen to "reveal" in that meeting...if he actually had...which he apparently didn't.)

...I remember (GOPs) railing over Hillary Clinton's actions, which were much less eggregious than Trump's.

:stunned::stunned::stunned: HUH????!!! REALLY????? Comey listed violation after violation of security statues that the FBI found Billary & company had actually COMMITTED!!! She and her underlings actually DID PUT classified info at risk R-E-P-E-A-T-E-D-L-Y...and you have the gall to equate the A-C-C-U-S-A-T-I-O-N-S against Trump with the actual D-E-E-D-S of Billary & company??????

'Amazing...

...There is no hope for the Republicans if they take an obstructionist stance...

:laugh::laugh::laugh: WHAT HAVE THE DEMS BEEN DOING 24/7/365 since 11/8/16 and even MORE SO since 1/20/17???!!!!!

...The voting public is tired of this already...

...and yet the Dems keep doing it...

...How long before (Trump) entrusts our military secrets to the President of North Korea...perhaps information regarding the number and locations of our missile defense systems?

Even someone who's 'downed' as much faaar left Kool-Aid as you obviously have cannot POSSIBLY believe an idiotic postulation of that magnitude.

Last edited:
If Trump doesn't end up resigning or in jail, though I think Pence would pardon him, Trump will hopefully he may get "primary-ed" by someone sane like Kasich or even Pence. Wouldn't that be ironic and awesome how he threatened members of Congress with being "primary-ed" if they didn't vote for him or for ACA repeal and replace and he gets primary-ed. I like jail better, but I'll take someone beating him in a primary.

65,000,000 voters knew he was unfit to be President. Him being hauled off in handcuffs would so awesome. It's a great day.

And take Manafort, Flynn, Carter Page, Jared Kushner and Sessions to jail too. I hope everyone in the Trump Administration is lawyering up.

Just keep Sean Spicer out of it. He's funny as heck.

And I sure hope the release of classified info to the Russians didn't get anyone killed, like a spy, either. That would be bad.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Where's the PROOF???????????????

HUH????!!! REALLY????? [/I]She and her underlings actually DID PUT classified info at risk R-E-P-E-A-T-E-D-L-Y...

WHAT HAVE THE DEMS BEEN DOING 24/7/365 since 11/8/16 and even MORE SO since 1/20/17???!!!!!...and yet the Dems keep doing it...

Even someone who's 'downed' as much faaar left Kool-Aid as you obviously have cannot POSSIBLY believe an idiotic postulation of that magnitude.

The special prosecutor will find the proof, Larry...as long as that prosecutor is INDEPENDENT and cannot be "FIRED" by our overzealous POTUS.

Putting classified information "at risk", as you claimed, is a FAR CRY from actually divulging that sort of information to one of the most powerful nations in the world, and which has become more adversarial toward the U.S. recently...don't you think? IMHO that places the security of our country firmly at risk and rises to the level of treason...IMHO, of course.

The Dems are doing NOTHING that the Repubs haven't done...in fact, John Boehner and his partners in crime were much more guilty of causing the country's operations to be at risk due to their obstructionist actions than any of the Dems have been in recent memory...at least the Repubs got their SCOTUS nominee approved (not that they did it in the correct manner...they had to invoke the "nuclear" option and reduce the number of votes necessary, which IMHO bypasses the spirit of the 60 vote confirmation requirement and should be eliminated as an option). The Dems can't hold a candle to the Repubs in terms of "shady" operations...but they are learning from the best (or...worst...depending on your viewpoint) example imaginable, your beloved Conservative Republican "Party of Obstructionist Actions".

As for Trump's "right" (or, perhaps more accurately, "authority") to determine which of our country's "classified" information remains classified and which does not, it is my opinion that by divulging that information Trump displayed terrible judgement. Yes...he may have the authority to divulge that information, but if we want a POTUS who serves our country rather than his own ego, we've got to look further, Larry. Trump is an egomaniac and will do whatever he thinks will make him look good to his supporters...and the "far right" will blindly support him all the way until the nuclear fallout takes us all out. He's dangerous, more dangerous than any POTUS in recent memory (yes, even more dangerous than JFK and the Cuban Missile Crisis). He's a loose cannon, Larry, and while I try to believe that he'll "Make America Great Again", all I can see is him dragging us down...and I actually TRY to find reasons to like his actions...check back a few posts and you'll see I complimented him on his use of restraint with regard to Phat Phuk in North Korea. That was GOOD JUDGEMENT, but those instances are few and far between and divulging classified information to Russia was definitely bad enough judgement that we need to get rid of him, once and for all, before his ego drives him to believe that it is OK to give Phat Phuk in North Korea the location of our missile defense systems...YES, I DO believe that he is capable of BAD JUDGEMENT of that magnitude, Larry...he is "drunk" with his own power and it will drive him to act like a true alcoholic drunk...and we all know what bad judgement they display.

Hopefully the American public will give him his walking papers at the next mid-term elections. A 30% approval rating is nothing more than the radical right, Larry...more cautious voters are starting to get very worried and the more Trump pats himself on the back for these instances of bad judgement, the more easy it will be to take the Repbulican majority in congress away.

Just watch and see.

Doug

Firing Preet Bharara, then Sally Yates, and then James Comey, good people that just so happen to be investigating him. He hires Manafort, who took $10,000,000 from Ukraine/Russia. And then he hires Flynn, with his known "checkered past" (what $500,000 from Turkey and Russia?) and all, who then gets fired too after 18 days.

And then he brings in a bunch of misfits (DeVos, really?), many of whom can't pass the muster of the confirmation process. Hires a bunch of cronies.

It's time he gets to lose his job. Trump is a complete and utter loser, who wanted to save his buddy Flynn, and now that's just the latest of his problems (obstructing justice). It amazes me that somewhere around 30-35% of population still believes in the guy. Wow.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
It amazes me that somewhere around 30-35% of population still believes in the guy. Wow.

I'm not really convinced that they do, Rod...we humans can be a bit proud of our decisions, whether they are right or wrong, and we can also be a bit stubborn about admitting we made a mistake (one of my favorite comments goes like this: "I thought I was wrong once, but upon further reflection I realized I was simply mistaken!").

If I had to bet a paycheck (and I would NEVER do that, I like to eat at least once a day), I would say that the real percentage of voters who actually have any faith left in Trump would be around 20%...those are those die-hard "rabid right" individuals I mention from time to time. The other 10%-15% that express confidence in Trump (and make up the remainder of the 30%-35% who still admit to having confidence in Trump) are those who either are either (1) still waiting to make up their mind or (2) those whose mind is already made up that it is a weakness to admit you made a mistake and are holding out against hope that he'll suddenly change his colors and become rational.

Not gonna happen, not in this life!

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:
The recent polling data states that 40% approve of Trump's job and 55% disapprove of Trump's job.

I've got 2 questions:

1. WTF are the 40% thinking? He picked a judge off a list provided by someone else. Well, congrats to you! He hasn't done much else, but put forward an illegal ban and celebrated a bill passing one side of Congress that's going throw millions of people off their health care. And then he congratulates the Australian Prime Minister for their health care system? Doh!

2. Are the other 5%, who neither approve or disapprove, brainless automatons?

Anyway, besides all the criminality flying around the White House, the self-dealing, the wasting of taxpayer's money, the misogyny and (shall I go on).....He's really an odd guy. A couple stories came out recently that are both strange and shows to me that he's just 5-year old boy trapped in a man's body or a complete buffoon:

1. He gets 2 scoops of ice cream, while everyone else around the table gets one scoop of ice cream.

2. Trump believes the human body is like a battery, with a finite amount of energy, which exercise only depletes. So he doesn't exercise. Uh, maybe that's why you're obese like whale, Mr. President?

Oh, and the whole irony over giving the Russians classified info, which the Israelis gave us. He whined, pissed and moaned during the election about how Clinton wouldn't be able to handle classified info, if she became President, and then the schmuck goes ahead and "declassifies" and spills the beans to the Russians.

Seriously, the entire world thinks that Americans are the biggest F'ing idiots ever placed on Earth.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I dunno Doug..

According to a political analyst on CNN today, both the POTUS and VPOTUS can change the classification of any information at all without any overview or approval process....

Sorry, Randy....did not mean to seem as if I had ignored your comment.

I have no doubt that you are correct about that...but there is a very wise saying that goes like this: "Just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should!"

In this case I believe that is the crux of the issue...I truly think we Americans were hoodwinked into believing that just because Trump put on a good show (and his campaign rallies really were quite a bit like a high school pep rally!), that he would make good decisions. So far he has, IMHO, made few...and because I really want America to succeed I have been looking for reasons to cheer him on, they are just few and too far between.

He won't release his tax records...not a LAW that he has to, but a rather solid traditional expectation...and there is real reason that his tax records have a LOT that he would want to hide from the American public. For example, would we want a POTUS in charge of a huge budget who can't manage his money well enough to avoid having to declare bankruptcy not just once, but MANY times.

Take a look at Trump University...talk about a fiasco! He took their $$$ and gave them nothing, just like he's taken our trust and given us little real reason to believe it was the right decision...but he keeps saying it again and again and again and again.....

I could go on and on...but I won't...my concern here is pure and simple...if he CHOSE to divulge classified information to the leaders of a country that is so obviously hostile to the United States, despite whether he was authorized to do so or not, it was just a TERRIBLE decision to do so and when combined with this history of questionable decisions gives us as a country good cause to doubt that he really is qualified to be President. Just because he can, doesn't mean he should have! How many times in the next 4 years will we have to say that again?

"We'll make America Great Again"...did he ever tell us how he would do that? NO, he just said it over and over again until it was like a mantra one would repeat over and over in a state of trance. Apparently 60%-70% of the public doesn't think he will, according to his approval ratings.

Sadly, I'd rather have Pence sitting in the Oval Office than Trump, so, yes, I would certainly be in favor of pursuing impeachment. His pattern (and those of us who pursue psychology as a field of study really believe in patterns!!!) has shown that his actions will become more "severe" the more he is challenged...look at his pattern with Twitter and you'll see what I mean.

The one thing I can say good about him is that he, too, is surprised that he won the Presidency...he even says so at many of his public appearances, not exactly in those words, but in his actions...not long ago he said something about being President and then looked around at those with him on the "stage" and even said something to the effect of "...can you believe that?". Quite obviously he's having trouble believing it, too.

I'm not a hater, Randy....but even though I don't hate Trump personally, I do hate what I think he is going to do to this country if we don't stop him as soon as we can. In that respect I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Dems will regain control of congress in the mid-term elections....just like the out-control Jim Carey character in "The Mask", Trump seems to be screaming "Somebody STOP ME!!!!"

IMHO, our only hope is that somebody can.

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I hear you Doug - although it seems we lost a bit of focus there.
I am not a rabid Trump Supporter, although I am PRO-USA all the way to my core.
Back when he was first elected, I was as mystified as most of you. My one primary hope was that he (Trump) would get things leveled out a bit in the Supreme Court. Secondary to that is the replacement of ObamaCare with a plan that is more affordable but yet still covers pre-existing conditions. Tertiary is getting a better handle on foreign trade. Fourth would be starightening out our tax laws - call it tax-reform...
The first priority seems to be on-target to this point.
Second is a non-starter IMHO. Of course I shouldn't be surprized as there was apparently no participation from the Democrats in the creation of the plan (exceedingly disappointing)..
Third is (was) starting to pick up speed, but the issues as of late have overshadowed any progress.
Fourth - well - also a non-starter IMHO. There's no substance to the plan to this point. Sort of like a great movie trailer when the budget for shooting the film was spent on popcorn...
---
Back to my thoughts on Trump and his viability as POTUS.
I said last year that I did not think he would make it two full years and that he would either resign or be impeached, then resign..
---
I don't like him as a person but I do feel that we, as a country, would be just as far behind or worse with the Democratic candidate.

The only potential positive from Trump imploding as President is that hopefully the Republicans lose the House and Senate. That would be awesome. Otherwise, he's a complete and utter failure. A monkey would have been better.

Actually, there would be one more positive. Maybe the tape of him, the hookers and the golden showers in a Russian hotel gets released.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
He picked a judge off a list provided by someone else. Well, congrats to you!

I'm just going to respond to this ONE statement...'cause it's sooooooo easy to show it's a hate-based comment rather than a legit criticism:

News flash: Every president the country has ever had - including your demi-god Obama - has worked from all KINDS of lists provided by "someone else"...'has made decisions based on the professional OPINION of "someone else"...'has delegated authority TO "someone else" to do this-or-that, and on and on and on...and yet you and your ilk find it DEPLORABLE when Trump does the same thing! You even criticize him for getting "2 scoops of ice cream" for Pete's sake!!! 'Petty' much???

As I've opined previously, Trump could personally discover a cure for all types of cancer and you people would STILL find SOMETHING to condemn him for there, too...solely because he's not 'one of your own'.

I'm taking another vacation... :vanish:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
As I've opined previously, Trump could personally discover a cure for all types of cancer and you people would STILL find SOMETHING to condemn him for there, too...solely because he's not 'one of your own'.

Ever hear the old saying "It only takes one "Oh, SH*T!!" to wipe out a whole bunch of "Attaboys!!", Larry?

Trump has already accumulated a whole bunch of those "Oh, Sh*ts!!", Larry...and not many "Attaboys". He's not exactly off to the best of starts! Do you REALLY want to call him "One of my own!!"?

Actually, it doesn't matter "whose" he is, Larry...right now he's "OURS", for better or worse. I'm just saying he's started "for worse"...maybe he'll start performing "for better". Honestly, I really do hope so. I think an impeachment would be a messy process and who really needs that...we have a POTUS who probably CAN change for the better...if he has a reason to do so.

That's the issue...he can't find a reason to do so...yet!

We know he's a smart guy, though (he's told us so a LOT of times), so we can have hope, right? I do!

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:
I'm just going to respond to this ONE statement...'cause it's sooooooo easy to show it's a hate-based comment rather than a legit criticism:

News flash: Every president the country has ever had - including your demi-god Obama - has worked from all KINDS of lists provided by "someone else"...'has made decisions based on the professional OPINION of "someone else"...'has delegated authority TO "someone else" to do this-or-that, and on and on and on...and yet you and your ilk find it DEPLORABLE when Trump does the same thing! You even criticize him for getting "2 scoops of ice cream" for Pete's sake!!! 'Petty' much???

I'm taking another vacation... :vanish:

My comments are "hate" based and a legit criticism. They're not mutually exclusive.

Trump is such a moron that his (derogatory name deleted) are giving him huge applause that picked a judge of a list. Why? He's accomplished NOTHING. That's why the Republicans are "trumpeting" the nomination of a judge. Wow, a huge accomplishment. :shocked: The Republicans stole it from Obama. Congrats to them. They still l have a complete obese non-exercising obstructionist dumb-a$$ in the White House who will hopefully help the Democrats and Independents take the House and Senate away from the Republicans. The only saving grace.

Yes, two scoops of ice cream while everyone else at the table gets one means to me that he's 5-year old in a very large suit. Further evidence, mounting day by day, that he's always been and will always be unfit to serve as our President.

BTW, did you hear the latest. Comey wore a blue suit trying to blend into the drapes and attempted to avoid shaking hands or being near him. His FBI Director for heaven's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever hear the old saying "It only takes one "Oh, SH*T!!" to wipe out a whole bunch of "Attaboys!!", Larry?

Trump has already accumulated a whole bunch of those "Oh, Sh*ts!!", Larry...and not many "Attaboys". He's not exactly off to the best of starts! Do you REALLY want to call him "One of my own!!"?

Actually, it doesn't matter "whose" he is, Larry...right now he's "OURS", for better or worse. I'm just saying he's started "for worse"...maybe he'll start performing "for better". Honestly, I really do hope so. I think an impeachment would be a messy process and who really needs that...we have a POTUS who probably CAN change for the better...if he has a reason to do so.

That's the issue...he can't find a reason to do so...yet!

We know he's a smart guy, though (he's told us so a LOT of times), so we can have hope, right? I do!

Cheers!

Doug

"Believe me" - Anytime he starts or ends a statement with "Believe me," we all have to take a drink. We know he's lying when he uses this phrase. Trust me Doug, he's not able to change.

KFC and one scoop of ice cream for everyone.

Trump did keep one campaign promise. He did get a special prosecutor named to investigate collusion and corruption. Unfortunately, it's his own administration.

I forgot to mention regarding Trump being a 5-year old boy. According to Reuters, Trump is more likely to read national security briefing materials if his name is mentioned in as many paragraphs as possible. Trump keeps reading if he’s mentioned in briefing materials, so officials on the National Security Council insert Trump's name into as many paragraphs as they can. I mean, really. Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back