Thank you. Had heard a story that these light were for alerting pit crews that red car was to come to pits next lap and that green indicated OK to continue racing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Such as these :

Attachments

• Lucas 54571825 Light.jpg
    Lucas 54571825 Light.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 751
Nah not mirrors, just inboard of bottom corner of each headlight about 1/2 way between grill and radiator exit panel, blisters or bumps to clear something.

1049g.jpg

cant see anything needing the bump for clearance?
could it be for aero reasons to pull air out of the radiator more effectively?

Seems the paint code for the light blue Gulf cars is well known. Is there anyone out there that can tell me the paint code for this car? So far in my research I found this but I'm not sure if it's the same as what's on the car. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Resene_Gulf_Blue.jpg
    Resene_Gulf_Blue.jpg
    540 bytes · Views: 586
  • GT40 1049 Paint Code.JPG
    GT40 1049 Paint Code.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 675
Update: it looks like it's also known as RAL 5003 Sapphire Blue. The problem is that's the solid color which doesn't help me when it comes to Flake and Pearl. I didn't get a reply from the restoration shop when I emailed them regarding the paint code they used. So if anyone knows someone there that could help please ask them.

Last edited:
The other thing P/1049 has is the unique feature of two blisters on the front clip presumably to clear something?
Regards Allan

Hi Allan,

They were also a feature of the post production assembled P/1109, although this car had the blisters removed when the car was recently overhauled & painted dark blue.

Neither myself or the owner know why they were there.

Regards Steve.

Back