GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Watch the name calling Rod... You can disagree with people without classifying them as something you feel you are not...

Vacation slips will be handed out if necessary.....

I can't remember what I wrote, but my apologies.

I'm going to take a self-imposed vacation anyway. Your kind warning just gives me that little extra motivation that I needed to get out the door. Thanks!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Trump has called the investigation into Michael Flynn, his formal national security adviser "...the single greatest witch hunt in American history", yet Flynn is now invoking his 5th Ammendment rights and refusing to cooperate with the subpoena...to paraphrase a comment that IIRC came from Trump, himself..."..if you are not guilty, why do you need to invoke your 5th Amendment rights?"

Suddenly I feel even less secure than I did before :huh:

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...if you are not guilty, why do you need to invoke your 5th Amendment rights?"

Ask Lerner. She said SHE hadn't done anything wrong and took the fifth...and HER boss (Obama) - in-so-many-words - also said the IRS inquiry was a witch hunt. He ALSO as much as said the whole Clinton investigation was a witch hunt as well and that SHE had done nothing wrong either.

So, I guess it depends on WHO SOMEONE IS AND WHOM THAT SOMEONE KNOWS as to whether or not he/she needs to take the fifth in any given set of circumstances.

It remains to be seen if the FBI can somehow manage to "prove intent" on Flynn's part now. 'Should be able to. After all, he was a member of a GOP admin...not a Democrat outfit. That alone should ensure he gets hung out to dry.

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
You voted for am Russian stooge who Vladimir Putin spent millions to help win. You voted for our enemy. You voted against America. You voted for someone when confronted with these facts has fired those investigating him and pressured others to remain silent.

Own it.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
:stunned:
You voted for am Russian stooge who Vladimir Putin spent millions to help win. You voted for our enemy. You voted against America. You voted for someone when confronted with these facts has fired those investigating him and pressured others to remain silent.

Own it.

After about a year of 24/7/365 "investigations", even D-E-M-O-C-R-A-T-S in a position to actually know the facts in the case have repeatedly said there is no "there" there...there has been no evidence of collusion (blah, blah, blah) found. But, you still sit there at your keyboard passing off your personal opinion and far-left party line-toeing accusations as if they're facts that 'prove'(?) the contrary.

Do you get away with that in court down south? :stunned:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Former CIA Director Brennan: There was contact between Trump campaign officials and Russians that looked suspicious.

Former NSA Director Flynn: resigns after lying about the extent of his contacts and PAYMENT by Russians. Russians indicate in communications that they felt Flynn could be played. Fired Acting AG Yates indicates Flynn had been comprised.

Former NID Director Clapper: there were contacts, and there may have been collusion

FBI Director Comey: Has written memos of Trump demanding he pledge loyalty, and then asking hi to back off the investigation of Flynn.

Two other Intellgience officials: Trump asked them to back off the investigation.

Donald Trump: I fired Comey over this Russia thing.

The entire national intelligence community: the Russians interfered in our election.

A large part of the intelligence community: they did so to help Trump.

Fox News' Chris Wallace and Shep Smith agree with the above.

No evidence? Bullshit. You - YOU voted for a Russian stooge. YOU hurt America by being ill informed, duped Faux News voter. It's like YOU voted for Brezhnez for President of the US in 1984 over Reagan.

Own, accept it, learn from it, and come back to being an American first, instead of a toadie Republican/Russian stooge.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Former CIA Director Brennan: There was contact between Trump campaign officials and Russians that looked...looked...LOOKED suspicious.

...but he never said he saw E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E of collaboration, or whatever, did he. You "forgot"(?) to mention that...

Former NID Director Clapper: there were contacts...

There were "contacts" between CLINTON PEOPLE and the Russians as well!!!

...and there may have been...may have been...MAY have been collusion.

Because empty booze bottles were piled up in a trash can behind the house at 329 Bunko Street indicates there MAY HAVE BEEN a party at that house...or perhaps there may have been a party at their NEIGHBOR'S house and THE NEIGHBORS dumped all THEIR bottles into said trash can.

"May have" p-r-o-v-e-s n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

FBI Director Comey: Has written memos of Trump demanding he pledge loyalty, and then asking hi to back off the investigation of Flynn.

He says, he says.

Anybody can "write a memo" after the fact that says whatever he/she WANTS it to say. And remember, Comey also said Billary DID violate numerous statues...but, that the FBI couldn't "prove" she had "intended"(?!) to break those laws, so no indictment would be recommended!!! Anyone who's EVER handled classified info/material knows THAT'S A CROCK. One's "intent" or lack thereof isn't the issue. The issue is did you or didn't you. (And, BTW, anyone with a normally functioning brain K-N-O-W-S one could not POSSIBLY have done ANY of the things she did "UNintentionally"!!!)

The president COULD have fired him because he didn't like his TIE.

The entire national intelligence community: the Russians interfered in our election.

And Trump's function in that was...WHAT...exactly???

AGAIN: Trump is to blame for that...HOW...exactly???

Well, WHOOOOOP-DEE-FLIPPIN'-DOO, Batman! That being the case - off with ALL their heads!!!

(Good LORD, Jeff! Even YOU have to admit Wallace's and Smith's AGREEMENT regarding anything proves N-O-T-H-I-N-G! Man, that was WEAK!)

Lastly:

Former NSA Director Flynn: resigns after lying about the extent of his contacts and PAYMENT by Russians. Russians indicate in communications that they felt Flynn could be played. Fired Acting AG Yates indicates Flynn had been comprised.

'Completely SEPARATE ISSUE there...and I happen to believe - based solely on what's been R-E-P-O-R-T-E-D - that Flynn is very likely guilty of wrongdoing. There actually APPEARS TO BE "EVIDENCE" of wrongdoing in HIS case.

Steve

Supporter
Former CIA Director Brennan: There was contact between Trump campaign officials and Russians that looked suspicious.

Former NID Director Clapper: there were contacts, and there may have been collusion

Two other Intellgience officials: Trump asked them to back off the investigation.

No evidence? Bullshit. You - YOU voted for a Russian stooge. YOU hurt America by being ill informed, duped Faux News voter. It's like YOU voted for Brezhnez for President of the US in 1984 over Reagan.

Own, accept it, learn from it, and come back to being an American first, instead of a toadie Republican/Russian stooge.

Ahh, back with the name calling again Jeff (sound of one hand clapping). Regardless of the he-said/she-said accusations of Russian interference, it is questionable the Russians had any meaningful impact on the election. I'm not even sure the Clinton email hacks made as much of an impact as some believe and it's not certain (Assange denies it) the Russians were involved.

The people who voted for Trump despised HC and would likely have voted for any homo sapiens with a pulse over her. In addition, many Trump supporters abhor the self-righteous arrogant elitism represented by the left and Obama. While they get up early and work hard on the farm/factory/mill, the elitists decry them as "deplorables" and focus on bathroom privileges and safe spaces and support globalism while ignoring the hard-working American who's trying to support his/her family. In the end, that's why Trump won, the left created the environment to allow him to pull it off. The left needs to own that. They made it possible for him to win by putting up a despicable and unelectable candidate in HC and pushing an agenda of profound intellectual arrogance.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Great post, Steve! What you said does make sense. I have a friend who described an incident involving HC once...the story goes that HC and her security entourage entered a small restaurant and insisted in the most vulgar of terms that the owner clear everyone out except herself and her entourage. No reservation, nothing like that, just brazen demands and rudeness.
I am not sure that our current POTUS is much different...from what I see and read about him.
I have to wonder if the election might have turned out differently if Bernie Sanders had been Trump's opposition in the election. Sure, he had some far-left idealogies...but he was a much more "honorable" person.
In a way he reminded me of Jimmy Carter...but we all see how that worked out for Carter...he was our last one-term president.
If HC lost because she was so dispicable, I would suggest that the Republicans get ready to lose a few seats in the mid-term elections, and DT should begin to worry about how he can change his image before the next Presidential election.
We seem to be in a cycle where we elect the candidate who is "...the lesser of two evils." I think it was Veek who reminded us of a very profound statement made by Jerry Garcia...it went something like "...if you have to choose between the lesser of two evils, you have still chosen evil!" :eek:
IMHO, that is where we stand today in our great country...I am quite distressed to think that our current POTUS thinks it is wise to spend billions on a wall along our border with Mexico and cuts millions out of Medicaid funding (which is often the only health care option for the poor) to help pay for it.
That seems just downright evil to me! I have said this before and am certain I will say it again... "Just because he can, it doesn't mean he should!!!"

Doug

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I missed this one:

Aaaaah, yes..."two other". IOW, two anonymous "officials". Who are they? When did this conversation supposedly take place? Where? What was the full CONTEXT of the conversation wherein Trump supposedly said that? "Context" does make a difference you know.

(Reid said Romney didn't pay his taxes...Billary said she neither sent or received classified info over her server...Slick Willie said he didn't have sex with that woman...Obama (and his whole admin) said Benghazi was caused by a video...etc., etc., etc. 'Point being; "said" does not always equal "DID".)

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Wow! President Trump must be SO PROUD!!! Now Republican political candidates feel it is OK to assault members of the press...an extension of Trump's encouragement during the last election season to "...beat the crap out of them, I'll pay your legal fees" (that may not be his exact words, but it definitely represents the way violence was encouraged).
A sherrif in Montana has filed misdemeanor assault charges against Republican candidate Greg Gianforte, who body slammed a reporter because that reporter has persistently asked difficult questions.
Local news organizations have rescinded their endorsements. This is, indeed, a sad state of affairs.
I think it is time for the Republican party to rethink its methods of dealing with the press...and their party's failures and future. Trump's approval ratings are at an all time low, a situation which IMHO he has brought upon himself...just recently he described the press as "...the enemy of the (American) people." He has to tone it down!
Actions have consequences...the voters are tired of this foolish behavior and WILL hold Republican feet to the fire for the misdeeds of their candidates.
...as they well should, regardless of the party affilliation of any candidate who assaults any member of the press, regardless of how persistent they may be.
Just MHO...

Doug

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I hope that the Left is doing something other than just sitting on their collective butts and voting down anything at all presented by the right....

If they want to have a snowball's chance in hell to regain the helm, they'll need to realize that the Left has become more of the Radical Left and the Right seems to span the spectrum to the other side...
Start looking for and grooming for 2024 as 2020 is too close to bring up someone who's actually "clean" in my opinion.

Is it really time for a third party?
Can a third party even participate given our current Electoral College?

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Agreed, Randy...the left has to offer a BETTER alternative, if all they want to be is @The Resistance", they offer less than nothing...which has sort of become my definition of "obstructionist".
Perhaps a 3rd party is the only hope? It would be hard to offer less than the two current parties...only 30% seem to like what Trump offers, but probably even less would like another run by HC. What does that leave for the remaining 70% who just want our government to do what is good for Americans, not what is good for their party.

Electoral college? Outdated...useless...we don't need it any more. Get rid of it and let the popular vote be the indicator of what America gets.

Cheers!!!

Doug

Jared Kushner, Jeff Beauregard Sessions and Michael Flynn all neglected to mention any meetings with Russians on their security clearance forms. Yet, they did meet with them.

A Republican-appointed Deputy AG Rosenstein appointed a Special Counsel to investigate the matter. I'm sure if a special counsel is appointed, then there's there there.

BTW, Deutsche Bank was caught laundering money from some Russian folks. Deutsche bank holds about $300,000,000 of Trump debt. There may be another connection there there. http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/24/hous...he-for-information-on-trump-russia-loans.html

Unelectable? HC got 3,000,000 more votes than the $%&*@. She was electable.

I can't wait until they all get locked in the pokey.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I agree about the popular vote issue, Rod. I believe SO strongly that I think that for the SECOND time the Republicans snatched victory from the arms of defeat. H. C. SHOULD be POTUS right now... but once again an outdated and faulty system elected a different President and until we can get rid of that system we just have to accept it. I signed the petition and would encourage anyone who is as outraged as I am to do so, also.

She is a bit of a bitch, sure...but then Trump is an even worse A-hole. We had no good choices and Jerry Garcia predicted it...even if the lesser of two evils prevails, we are still stuck with evil.

We need a total overhaul of our electoral process to bring it into line with modern times.

More than that, though, we need better choices for which to vote.

THAT is why we need a 3rd party!!! We will never have a "good" choice as long as the only two choices want only to eviscerate the other, rather than do what is best for their constituents.

Doug

I was quibbling with the usage of the word "electable."

I can't believe we elected Chauncey Gardner's evil corrupt less-intelligent fatter twin. :laugh:

Speaking of fat, the Pope "fate shames" Trump. The Pope asks Melania if she's feeding him "potizza," which is a high calorie pastry:

Did the Pope Fat-Shame Donald Trump? Melania Laughs at President's Weight With Francis

And then there's that $2 Trillion budget error. Oops!

At this point, I'm ready to vote for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for President.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I hope that the Left is doing something other than just sitting on their collective butts and voting down anything at all presented by the right....

If they want to have a snowball's chance in hell to regain the helm, they'll need to realize that the Left has become more of the Radical Left and the Right seems to span the spectrum to the other side...
Start looking for and grooming for 2024 as 2020 is too close to bring up someone who's actually "clean" in my opinion.

Is it really time for a third party?
Can a third party even participate given our current Electoral College?

No. Just no. I'll grant you that the left is listless and berift of new ideas. But "radical?" Far from it. You read too much into two vocal mouthpieces -- Warren and Sanders -- of the party. The D party and its last two Presidents are centrist -- progressive taxes capped in the 35-40 % range, probusiness monetary and fiscal policy, support of high levels of defense spending etc.

No third party will have a chance in today's environment which is so polarized D/R.

And you are saying Trump wins in 2020? Maybe you are right, I never thought the US would elect Darth Cheeto in the first place. But anyone who votes for this jack ass at this point is clearly not an American.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I missed this one:

Aaaaah, yes..."two other". IOW, two anonymous "officials". Who are they? When did this conversation supposedly take place? Where? What was the full CONTEXT of the conversation wherein Trump supposedly said that? "Context" does make a difference you know.

(Reid said Romney didn't pay his taxes...Billary said she neither sent or received classified info over her server...Slick Willie said he didn't have sex with that woman...Obama (and his whole admin) said Benghazi was caused by a video...etc., etc., etc. 'Point being; "said" does not always equal "DID".)

They weren't anonymous Larry. If you'd turn off the Faux News you'd learn a lot more about the world.

Wrong, just wrong. As usual.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Ahh, back with the name calling again Jeff (sound of one hand clapping).

self-righteous arrogant elitism represented by the left and Obama. While they get up early and work hard on the farm/factory/mill, the elitists decry them as "deplorables" and focus on bathroom privileges and safe spaces and support globalism while ignoring the hard-working American who's trying to support his/her family. In the end, that's why Trump won, the left created the environment to allow him to pull it off. The left needs to own that. They made it possible for him to win by putting up a despicable and unelectable candidate in HC and pushing an agenda of profound intellectual arrogance.

Do you have a Fox News IV drip or something? And you are just as good with the name calling as anyone else here.

Hillary was a flawed candidate. Granted. After the last 120 days can anyway say electing Drumpf was not the greatest mistake in our lifetimes? This isn't a D or R issue This is a man, and his advisors, who were very likely involved with our greatest geopolitical "enemy" -- and while there is no hard evidence of collusion (yet -- if there was, the impeachment process would have started) Drumpf and his gang sure seemed set on pushing/influencing/dare I say obstructing the investigation into those contacts?

Hillary -- your "despicable unelectable" candidate -- received the third highest vote total in the history of the US. Plenty of people liked here. I'd say most of those who didn't had been force fed BENGHAZI and email bullshit for so long their minds were jello. Plus, she's a woman, and it's clear that one thing middle aged to older white males don' twant is a woman in power -- check out th epolling data where Hillary had incredibly high approval ratings when IN office as Senator or Sec. o State, but lower rating when under full blown attack from the misognystic right when seeking office.

And those deplorables? You are damn right some of them are racist, Muslim haters and need to be called out as such. They can continue to keep working on that farm until the global steam roller crushes them. Which will happen no matter how much Drumpf lies to them to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back