And Another.. Greg Allman..

Keith

Blimey, they're falling like nine-pins. It's the age group I'm afraid. There's going to be many more these next few years until all the rock & roll heroes are dead, but so will their audience be. It is fitting...

The world will not see their like again..

RIP Greg Allman; Chris Cornell..

Keith, This generation did live hard and party wild. Wouldn't have it any other way I think. Just our luck to be living in the right time for all than. I'll miss the music makers the most. I wonder who will be next.

Richard

Keith

Agree Richard, I too feel honoured to be part of the greatest youth music generation and a vibrant industry which supported me & my families for 40 years..

As for the current crop, some of it is ok, much of it is meh, and mostly they can keep their bedroom grooves...

Regretfully though, for far too long I was at the coalface of a divergent strain which served to greatly dilute the genre of rock music in general...

I can remember Gregg Allman and his band playing back at my college in the early 80s. Lightning in a bottle...

Keith

Thanks for posting that link, very interesting. You couldn't say he had the luckiest of lives, seemingly surrounded by mayhem and murder. Little wonder he turned to drugs & alcohol. The music lives on tbough!

Back