GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Well, then, he deserves to be charged with felony assault, too!

It did not mention that in the newspiece you had posted. I stand corrected.

Cheers!!

Doug

Here is the link to the story I watched... I must amend assault to pushing and shoving. I guess it depends on your vantage point as to whether you've been shoved or assaulted. Frankly - anytime someone forcefully invades my space, I think I would consider it an act of assault.
As it is, Kaine was charged with misdemeanors only... It was a very ugly rally..
http://kstp.com/news/anti-president-trump-protestors-charged/4496750/

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Randy, seriously, who CARES? If he committed a crime at a protest, so be it. There have been "ugly rallies" on BOTH sides lately -- don't even begin to pull a Bullshit Larry and claim there are not.

But here is the bigger issue. You are sitting around worried a 25 year old kid got out of line at a demonstration in the US, while at the same time we now know that Jared Kushner wanted to set up a SECRET BACK CHANNEL to Russian intelligence that could not be monitored by the US intelligence agencies.

THink about that. You've been so duped by the trash news you read and watch a kid in trouble at a Raleigh is something that concerns you more than something the US intelligence community is saying borders on treason.

Again, you are a decent guy with a truly twisted world view.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Really? You're putting me on, right?

If you think any of those people are actual conservatives, you're obviously living in la-la-land. Genuine conservatives wouldn't get within a thousand miles of any of them let alone throw in with 'em. :evil: And they DARNED SURE wouldn't be voicing support for 'em like Pelosi did for the OWS loons:

"House minority leader Nancy Pelosi praised those participating in the "Occupy Wall Street" protests. "God bless them," Pelosi said, "for their spontaneity. It's independent ... it's young, it's spontaneous, and it's focused. And it's going to be effective."</CNT><CNT>
"The message of the protesters is a message for the establishment everyplace," said the House Democrats' leader. "No longer will the recklessness of some on Wall Street cause massive joblessness on Main Street.""

Pelosi on Occupy Wall Street Protesters: "God bless them" | The Weekly Standard

...nor would they be invited into the White House the way Obama invited BLM's DeRay McKesson:

Obama Holds 3 Hour Meeting with Black Lives Matter Leaders >> Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

'Unbelievable...

This might be the single most enlightening post from Larry ever. Trump voters/supporters who self identify as conservatives and then do nasty things aren't really "conservatives." Check. Got it. The sky is orange. The ocean is red. Pravda means truth.

Rock on Commissar, your Russian puppet President applauds your efforts.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Do we "know" that Jared wanted to set up a secret back channel to the Russians? Or perhaps he was simply posing a question and it was taken out of context or or or or or....
There is not a preponderance of evidence at this point Jeff.
I would think that your background and vocation would make you slightly less apt to be swayed by anecdotal evidence or hearsay ..
My views may seem twisted in your opinion and you're entitled to your opinion. I have my own opinions about you but will not share them here.

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
AND he's passive aggressive...lol...

It's not fucking anecdotal Randy. Get a clue. Wake up. Read. Jared is acknlowedging he did and they are trying to explain it away WHILE THE ENTIRE US INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY IS SAYING ITS NUTS.

You need to wake up. You really do. You fucked up and put a madman in office. Own it. Admit it and don't do it again. John McCain knows this. Lyndsey Graham knows this. John Boehner knows this. David Frum knows this. Jeb Bush knows this.

You Republicans talk about personal responsibility all the time. You are exhibiting the personal repsonsbility of a 12 year old. Own your mistake.

Be a man. Be an American.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
We (as in WE The People) put Donald Trump in office... The same people that put every President in office. Like it or not - you need to own that..
For what its worth --
You do not know who I voted for. My own wife does not know who I voted for.
---
You are very close to the boundaries I laid out for this thread and would appreciate your backing off a bit on the aspersions....

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I do own it Randy. Every day I own it when I wake up as an embarrassed American in this world. I was ready to give the guy a chance, and even believed in my heart of hearts Mr. Trump would appreciate the gravity of the office and moderate and become a responsible leader. He's done the opposite.

There's noting different in my posts than in some of the links you cite to. I would appreciate you not posting offensive shit like that. It would go a long way in you not getting the reactions you don't like from me.

Deal?

Keith

What makes me smile is the continual use of the word "YOU" as an accusation without even the semblance of understanding that it really means "US".

In other words, you are all in it together. This is what democracy means. We have to live with the fact that the United Kingdom is leaving the EU whether or not YOU as an individual voted for it. So, you all get stuck in together and make it work. What are you going to do otherwise? Sabotage the Exit and cause further issues for UK Ltd?? Sounds daft doesn't it but that's what is happening.

In the US, everyone appears to be accusing everyone else of voting for Trump and then saying "well, it's nothing to do with me - YOU voted for him" as if you're not all sitting in the same leaking boat..

The question is, not that you voted for him (or not), but will he do any good/harm for America? Surely it doesn't matter one whit if you were to say "I think I fucked up here, how can we fix this?"

Or, I'm quite comfortable with my choice, but I'm not going to ram it childishly down everyone elses throat ad infinitum ad nauseum. Whatever.

That would be the traditional American Way...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
We (as in WE The People) put Donald Trump in office...

Gotta admit, Randy, I disagree with you. If the deciding factor were the vote of "We, the people" we here on this forum would be talking about what a terrible President Hillary Clinton is. The vote margin was 3,000,000 votes...it was not even close.

Who did elect Trump? A bunch of politicians who are members of the "Electoral College", an obviously flawed, outdated and unnecessary "committee", so to speak.

I am reminded that we are a Republic, NOT a democracy. That needs to be changed, if the USA is going to claim to be the leader of the "Democratic" countries of the world. This "Republic" crap got us where we are now...I might remind you that Republic" is the root word of "Republicans" and "Democracy" is a derivative of "Democrats".

When the person who is our POTUS got there because of a committee with idealogies at odds with the majority of the voters in our country, and in opposition to the choice of the majority of those voters, something needs to be done about that. It's just not right!!!

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
...and Keith is right..."we, the people" of the world are ALL stuck with the choice of this terrible "Electoral College". Regardless of who is our POTUS, with the power(s) our country holds, it would be difficult for our leader to do much without having a global impact.

Did we end up with the lesser of two evils as our "elected" leader? Perhaps...but I would certainly remind everyone that if we did, then by definition he is STILL evil :eek:

...what a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into!!!

Doug

Last edited:

Steve

Supporter
Doug, you really need to give the electoral college vs raw vote thing a rest. You've made your position known and we all understand it. Some of us agree with you and some don't. In the end, though, your opinion on this matter is irrelevant. The election laws are what they are and the raw vote doesn't determine who the president is. Period. The individuals running for president know this and campaign accordingly. Continuing to perseverate on this matter is almost autistic.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I refer to WE THE PEOPLE as the body of the United States of America.
As a country, WE brought forth the Electoral College. While I still fundamentally disagree that the Electoral College is necessary - I still support it until a change is put in motion by WE THE PEOPLE....

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Doug, you really need to give the electoral college vs raw vote thing a rest....Continuing to perseverate on this matter is almost autistic.

More likely a bit obsessive...I've spent the past 35 years evaluating and advocating for students with autism, I don't see the necessary DSM-V criterion. It has, however, been one of the three areas of specialization I pursued, along with ADHD and dyslexia. I still have a few students with autism in my program.

I can't say I haven't wondered a bit over the years...this obsession I have with accuracy has been a lifelong issue...you aren't the first to say "...a bit odd, ain't he??" Must have symetry, will go to great effort to avoid dangling participles, that sort of thing.

Tell you what, though, if it bothers you I'll see what I can do to tone it down a bit. How's that??

Cheers!!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
This might be the single most enlightening post from Larry ever. Trump voters/supporters who self identify as conservatives and then do nasty things aren't really "conservatives." Check. Got it. The sky is orange. The ocean is red. Pravda means truth.

Rock on Commissar, your Russian puppet President applauds your efforts.

'Twisting and spinning again I see, huh, Rod...uh...I mean Jeff.

If the individuals in those vids are actual conservatives, the Pope is Jewish.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
If the deciding factor were the vote of "We, the people" we here on this forum would be talking about what a terrible President Hillary Clinton is. The vote margin was 3,000,000 votes...it was not even close.

Neither Billary nor The Donald campaigned to win the POPULAR VOTE. They BOTH campaigned to win the ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTE...and TRUMP WON - "it was not even CLOSE".

It's pointless (not to mention pathetic) to claim victory in a game ONLY ONE TEAM was playing.

I am reminded that we are a Republic, NOT a democracy. That needs to be changed...This "Republic" crap (?!) got us where we are now

Yeah...you're RIGHT - THE WEALTHIEST AND MOST POWERFUL nation on Earth...and you want to CHANGE what "got us where we are now"!!!?

...I might remind you that Republic" is the root word of "Republicans" and "Democracy" is a derivative of "Democrats".

...which explains why The Founders chose to set up a REPUBLIC.

Yeah...you're RIGHT - THE WEALTHIEST AND MOST POWERFUL nation on Earth...and you want to CHANGE what "got us where we are now"!!!?

It's how you use your wealth and power that is important. Let's hope Trump doesn't destroy the 8 years Obama was in office maintaining the position you have highlighted, in a few months.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Let's hope Trump doesn't destroy the 8 years Obama was in office MAINTAINING(!) the position you have highlighted...

At this time last year, the following was the case:

Obama became the 1st president in the history of the country who hadn't seen 3% growth in at least one year of his tenure. 'Number of people in poverty had risen 3.5 %. Labor participation rate had dropped from 65.7 % to 62.8%...'lowest since 1978 or so? Real median household income was down 2.3%. Home ownership down 5.6%. Americans on food stamps up 39.5%. Reported unemployment rate was down to 5%...but, the gubmunt didn't/doesn't count those who'd given up looking for work AS unemployed. Neither is there/was there any distinction made between FULL and PART TIME employment...both were/are lumped together in the same statistical bag. Aaaaand, in May of '16, the Nat'l debt stood at about $19.19 Trillion. Of course, by the time Obama left office in January/2017, that figure had become $19.6 trillion...darned near DOUBLE what it was when he 1st took office. Oh, and let's not forget all of Obama's new rules and regs. They increased U.S. industries' cost of doing business by around $100 billon-plus in seven years.

Yeeeeeeup...he'd sure had "maintained" things alright. :lipsrsealed:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back