Then onto the hand brake, it has to have a large hole so that it can be installed over the lever then have a dress up panel to fit to the boot. lots of very fiddle work here.
IMG_7812_zpswed0j4j5.jpg

IMG_7815_zpsuuad1rys.jpg

IMG_7814_zpssylok6zv.jpg

IMG_7813_zpsdmjwltpr.jpg

IMG_7816_zpsayqxpolm.jpg

IMG_7818_zpsmk9x0l5t.jpg

Next will be onto the panel for the AC switches and arm rest, lots of work but basically I'm pleased with the look, close enough to the original.

Steven Lobel

Supporter
Next will be onto the panel for the AC switches and arm rest, lots of work but basically I'm pleased with the look, close enough to the original.

Better than the original.

Inspirational and disheartening knowing that this level of work is not attainable by mere mortals (or novices at car building).

Thanks for posting. And convincing me to go GT-R over SLC.

Dose any one know when the Coyote 5.2L Aluminator XS will become available to the public, now in need of an engine as someone begged me for the engine I was going to use. It will work out better for me in the long run.

Okay so today I ordered my engine, a Coyote based Aluminator 5.2 XS, an engine just released to the market last week with 570HP 12 to 1 compression.
This and after a year of waiting my Recaro transaxle is finally fixed and on its way back to me this week. Now I have most of the business end of the deal finalized.

It took way to long but I fabricated up a shroud to go between the gauge panel and the dash, it will eventually get covered in alcantara, and I think that Ill leave the gauge panel in brushed aluminum.
IMG_8039_zpsnxncqycb.jpg

IMG_8038_zps5fh5xqbx.jpg

Your skills are amazing! I don't know what your plans are for the car after it is done, but it will be priceless!!! Unlike ANY other GT on this planet!

So it was time to extend the race dash to meet the A pillar trims. I used a simple tooling foam, shaped it, glassed over it, let it cure then dug out the foam and glassed the inside.
IMG_8086_zpscl31uo5b.jpg

IMG_8085_zpscp1ifw2p.jpg

Then make the demist vent track and bond it to the underside of the dash.
IMG_8094_zpssguf205m.jpg

IMG_8098_zpsuwnglzki.jpg

Not that I'm a fan of the side marker lights but ill do my best to make them sit well in the body, fortunately the body is thick enough that I was able to recess them 1/8" and still leave enough to clip them in.
IMG_8099_zps3adwv9fd.jpg

The recess is just enough to make it look like its supposed to be there and not a stuck on afterthought.
IMG_8100_zpstsad3nnv.jpg

The drivers side of the dash is now essentially done, I have tried my best to not leave any visible fasteners once its finally done and still allow it all to come apart with out to much trouble if access were required.

IMG_8104_zpscskrkxxn.jpg

IMG_8103_zpspfe57f2m.jpg

Echoing all the previous comments, really nice work.

One question, are the bezel's around the gauges chrome? Any chance to do those in brushed aluminum to match like the OEM? Maybe this is already on the list to do... just saw it

Back