Design An Emblem?

Silver and black I think is better universal color for most color of cars.

I really like the idea of something like the Koenigsegg badge on the front. It's simple, unique and would follow the example of other supercars as well. The more I think about it, personally I think I like that idea over any a more detailed one.

Michael Fling

Supporter
I like the lion much better than the bird. Much more aggressive. The bird reminds me of a FIAT, not an SLC. I have never understood on the SLC designation the dash (-) between SL-C. It is much cleaner as SLC without the dash, in my opinion (Opinions are like assholes.... everybody has one).

I like the lion much better than the bird. Much more aggressive. The bird reminds me of a FIAT, not an SLC. I have never understood on the SLC designation the dash (-) between SL-C. It is much cleaner as SLC without the dash, in my opinion (Opinions are like assholes.... everybody has one).

I've always assumed the dash between SL & C is just to separate Superlite and Coupe. Also it's the brand and model within the same name. I also think it's so it's not like Mercedes SLC cars as well. Don't know how accruate my assumptions are, but I definitely agree it looks cleaner as just SLC. I know if I'm typing or texting, I always leave the dash out due to personal preference.

Just a thought, but what about the three stylized lions from the flag in place of the original lion in the first rendering?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Just a thought, but what about the three stylized lions from the flag in place of the original lion in the first rendering?

Something like this?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• lions logo.jpg
    lions logo.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,466
  • lion logo.jpg
    lion logo.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,477
Some random ones I found.

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 256
  • gym-clipart-for-kids-black-and-white-71.gif
    gym-clipart-for-kids-black-and-white-71.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 362
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 580
  • lion_311667.jpg
    lion_311667.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,724
I dig it too, would rock it on my car as well. Maybe one for the toolbox even. It'll be black with silver lettering, right? Out of curiosity, wonder what it'd look like inversed?

Where did "the speed" in Latin come from? This is just my opinion, but something looks kind of off about it compared to the rest of the emblem. The font maybe? Spelling?

I'm excited this is happening, been wanting to start a thread for a long time, just never took the effort in doing it. What's @Fran Hall RCR thoughts on it? I'd definitely like to make sure he's okay with it or if he has any thoughts to it, it is his company. :)

I sent an email this morning to Fran/RCR with a link to this thread to get his input/blessing. He's not a fan of the Latin and would rather it be removed. I wonder what can fill that spot? SLC maybe? But Superlite has more than just the SLC although it is their primary vehicle. I had this drawn in CAD that may could fill the area. I'd be glad to send the DWG or export to any vector or format required if someone wanted to try it out or modify.

One other comment he had was he wanted to know the colors of the badge. He suggested black background with chrome foreground. I know some of us are against chrome, but maybe some like brushed aluminum could be possible? Personally I'd love to see a carbon fiber background with brushed aluminum foreground, but that's just me. :)

Open to any and all ideas!!

Attachments

• SLC Build Manual Cover.jpg
    SLC Build Manual Cover.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 483
The eventual history of the car will "make" the emblem. A prancing horse is nothing special, but seeing them associated with a desirable machine over decades has made it a revered symbol of performance.

Aside from looks, I can get behind the meaning. I like the idea of acknowledging the history of our American automotive industry, and that means Detroit. That city has seen some tough times and Superlite is a bright light.

Brushed aluminum and carbon would be right there. No chrome, you know what they say about chrome... If it don't go....

As an old military guy, got to ask.

Crests/emblems always told a story or history. Stars and Stripes could certainly mean the USA I suppose, but what about the other two?

What's the story or symbolism when asked about the SLC crest?

Back