F1 in 2017

agree Mesa,
i'm not saying the LH wasn't being a twat. i'm saying that SV wasn't paying attention and should have been able to avoid it.
hell, he could have overtaken LH and then claimed that he slowed abnormally as if he had a mechanical and therefore was within his rights to take the place and the LH had forfeited it! LH did brake in an irregular point after the corner which would have been abnormal.

We know they are both playing games and this way, but instead of LH rattling SV the shoe would have been on the other foot and LH would have been having to react.

hypothetically If SV had gone straight past instead of banging wheels after the incident and then jumped on the radio stating why he had taken the place, citing the section of the rule book regarding irregular slowing down under the safety car what come back would LH have had? what are the chances we see that next time the same stunt is pulled?

will be interesting to see what happens over the coming weeks, I don't think we have seen the end of it.

Regards Ryan

So honoured to see the great man race the 49, 50 years ago yesterday.
What a day, changed my life in the direction of motorsport. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_3155.JPG
    IMG_3155.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_3156.JPG
    IMG_3156.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 261
That entry list is amazing Paul.
I'm by no means that knowledgable about drivers etc, but out of the 23 entrants that day, there are only 4 names that I don't think Ive ever heard of.
That era truely produced legends.

I'm by no means that knowledgable about drivers etc, but out of the 23 entrants that day, there are only 4 names that I don't think Ive ever heard of.
That era truely produced legends.

I'll post the entry list from the support races later, you'll be surprised at some of TVM too!

That era truly produced legends.

Hi Chris,
That was the F1 race

Look out for the following drivers :
Race 1
Drivers: 6,10,34
Race 2
Drivers: 33,35,41,46,47
Race 3
Drivers: 2,7,23,31,44,45,46,50,51,53,55,57

Didn't realise at the time we were watching racing royalty!!

Hope you can read Attachments OK

Attachments

• IMG_3261.JPG
    IMG_3261.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_3263.JPG
    IMG_3263.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3262.JPG
    IMG_3262.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 184
If the HALO, or whatever it may be called by then, will definitely finish my interest in f1 , an interest that started in 1960 ! I also foresee quite a few drivers quitting the sport as well, given the fairly unanimous responses from those that have been asked to try the prototypes, particularly Vettel on screens. I see one major crash early in the season blamed on these units, and very quickly see them disappear.

I agree Frank. Terrible looking things and as some have said, we know this is a dangerous sport and accept the risk. Even Masa, who took a hit to the head, doesn't like them.

Some people thought the rear engined cars were ugly,
Some people thought wings were ugly,
Some people thought advertising was ugly.

I don't like much about the look of a modern formula one car,
too many wings, winglets, barge boards, aerials and sundry other devices for my liking.
My favorites are the sixties cars up until they started putting wings on them.
But:
The Lotus 72 was nice and I got used to the wings after a short while.

I am not a fan of the halo and I'd much rather it wasn't there. I'd also be very happy if they got rid of the winglets, barge boards etc as well (they can keep the wings, but just wings like the 72 had... these modern wings are fugly - especially the front ones).
Maybe I will get used to the halo... I really don't know.

On another topic - I reiterate my question - why is F1 so chock full of these American celebrities getting special treatment and why do they get any coverage?
Imo it demeans the sport and I think it is an embarrassment.

Tim.

Back