P1001

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Excellent Andrew! My compliments and congratulations to you both!

Dave was halfway out to Teretonga, will the next clip have some gentle track time? Good to see Charlie B still active, have not seen him for years..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Re: P/1042

Some have noted the video won't play on smart devices, but it will on PCs. I'm working to resolve the problem and will post a link soon.

The car will be looked after by Simon Hadfield Motorsport in the UK, going in for its' FIA ticket, then some gentle running in with hill climbs and sprints. Hopefully Goodwood is on the cards.. Andrew

Works fine on my iPad.
When do you and Debbie get the car home?

Hi Andrew,

As discussed last night.

Mission nearly accomplished. Need to get her safely to the UK and on to Simon.

Great video and accompanying music.

Using the link you have sent I can't get it to play on my iPad but I can on my desktop. I see others can use their iPads so can someone tell me if there is a setting on my iPad that needs changing or something.

Best wishes

Keith

Nice one Andrew :thumbsup: although I would have much preferred to hear the Weber backfire more clearly. I couldn't distinguish between the kick and the pop...:drunk:

Well done to all involved in bringing this "bits n pieces" GT 40 to life. Superb looking car and she sounds sweet. Keep us posted once she arrives. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about this remarkable car.

P/1042

Finally done it!

Thanks to everyone who has supported me with advice, parts, and workmanship. The list is far too long to detail.

To say I'm relieved is an understatement. The car is truly magnificent and it's a credit to the guys at CCD Ltd for putting all those old parts together to make it work so well.

I'm, naturally, busy polishing it to death and marvelling at the engineering quality. The only sad point, is that as I've been 100% blind since 1986, I cannot see its' beauty, so have to rely on other peoples impressions.
For those of you in the UK in November, it'll be at the Classic & Sportscar show at the NEC, Birmingham on the club stand. I'd love to show it to you.

The attached picture is me and P/1042 collecting her from Southampton Docks last Friday. What a day after 8 years!

The story will go on however and I'll keep you posted... Andrew

Attachments

• Andrew And P1042 At Docks.jpg
    Andrew And P1042 At Docks.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 3,736

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
How wonderful!
Huge credit and congratulations to you and Debbie for finally realizing your dreams!

A couple of months ago I checked in and road tests were beginning and now already its in the UK - fantastic - how exciting for you !

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Andrew
Is it really over 8 years that I was at your house helping collate and list all the parts you were shipping over?

All I can say is WOW she looks beautiful

Ian

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Brilliant Andrew. So happy for you. Mine looks a bit lonely in the workshop now.

Back