GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Rhetorical question: when do you suppose will we see the names of prominent DEMOCRATS (like, say, Robert Byrd...a former 'biggie' in the KKK) removed from roads, buildings, etc., and their statues removed?

Missed this one.

Of course, you omitted the fact that Byrd later called it the biggest mistake of his life and apologized many times over. But hey, remove his statue, if desired. No skin off my back.

More distractions from the rudderless schmuck in the Oval Office.

No health care plan, no tax plan, no infrastructure, people resigning and being fired left and right, but hey, he reluctantly signed sanctions against Russia, only because it was passed with veto-proof majority. And the lowest approval ratings of any President is history 7-8 months into his Presidency.

Exactly what I thought when I first saw that post. What does Willy Wonka or Gene Wilder have to do with Charlottesville, Black Lives Matter, Obama, Trump, police violence or anything? I agree. WTF?

You're free to post it. I'm free to find it insensitive, since the picture is of an actor who's dead and was a Jew. I just can't find any other connection.

You can't see the forest for the trees. It had nothing to do with Jews or Gene wilder for that matter. The Obama administration supported BLM. Okay let's hear some more hate, racism, and bigot rhetoric, that's what you resort to when all else fails. The fact is, that there would not have been any violence in Charlottesville had there not been a group protesting the march. It doesn't matter whether the first group agrees with your outlook, they are Constitutionally protected just like Flag burners, Occupy Wall Street and every other group is.

Missed this one.

Of course, you omitted the fact that Byrd later called it the biggest mistake of his life and apologized many times over. But hey, remove his statue, if desired. No skin off my back.

More distractions from the rudderless schmuck in the Oval Office.

No health care plan, no tax plan, no infrastructure, people resigning and being fired left and right, but hey, he reluctantly signed sanctions against Russia, only because it was passed with veto-proof majority. And the lowest approval ratings of any President is history 7-8 months into his Presidency.

And what exactly would you have expected the life long KKK member to say? Really???

And what exactly would you have expected the life long KKK member to say? Really???

Let's ask David Duke and others like him, if they'll renounce their KKK status and admit that it was the biggest mistake of their lives. David Duke is a life long member.

Byrd endorsed Barack Obama for President and I quote "Barack Obama is a noble-hearted patriot and humble Christian, and he has my full faith and support."

Really???

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Wrong.Now you're equating George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, who owned slaves, BUT were the founding fathers of the USA, fought the British, wrote the Declaration of Independence to Robert E. Lee?

I'm not "equating" anyone to/with anyone...but, some on the radical LEFT sure are:

Rye: White supremacist statues need to be removed - CNN Video

...and the purge very likely won't end there.

So...what about good ole Sen. Byrd and all his like-minded pals as far as the left is concerned, Rod? Do we keep all the tributes to him and his ilk intact, or no? Or will any purge just be limited to GOPs?

It had nothing to do with Jews or Gene wilder for that matter.

Why put a dead Jewish actor in the middle of that meme? What's the point? I think you grabbed a meme and didn't know it would look anti-semitic. I'm sure it's an innocent mistake.

Nonetheless, in honor of Willy Wonka, “We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it.”

Let's ask David Duke and others like him, if they'll renounce their KKK status and admit that it was the biggest mistake of their lives. David Duke is a life long member.

Byrd endorsed Barack Obama for President and I quote "Barack Obama is a noble-hearted patriot and humble Christian, and he has my full faith and support."

Really???

David Duke isn't a life long politician, and like renouncing the KKK sure Byrd would say glowing statements for Obama, what better way to distance himself from the KKK?

I'm not "equating" anyone to/with anyone...but, some on the radical LEFT sure are:

Rye: White supremacist statues need to be removed - CNN Video

...and the purge very likely won't end there.

So...what about good ole Sen. Byrd and all his like-minded pals as far as the left is concerned, Rod? Do we keep all the tributes to him and his ilk intact, or no? Or will any purge just be limited to GOPs?

As I said, if a state decides to take down a statue for a reason, then that's their prerogative. Here in CA, I don't care. I'm just very happy to live here and not there. We have our problems, but I'll take CA problems over other State's problems, except maybe for Hawaii. I might take their problems over CA problems. :thumbsup:

I'm not politically affiliated. I'm an Independent voter and have voted for candidates from both parties as well as other parties over the years.

But I know a racist when I see a racist. And 45 is a racist. He's also a dumb schmuck.

Why put a dead Jewish actor in the middle of that meme? What's the point? I think you grabbed a meme and didn't know it would look anti-semitic. I'm sure it's an innocent mistake.

Nonetheless, in honor of Willy Wonka, “We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it.”

It was a comedic smiling face, being Jewish never entered into it.

David Duke isn't a life long politician, and like renouncing the KKK sure Byrd would say glowing statements for Obama, what better way to distance himself from the KKK?

Hey, if you want to bash Robert Byrd, then go ahead. Take his statue down, it's not my problem. But at least Byrd said it was the biggest mistake of his life and supported a Black President. I'm not sure how many life long racists would support a black President, even for political expediency.

That's your opinion. I don't share it with you.

I don't look at someone and think racial origin, it doesn't enter into it. If he were Russian, Swedish, English, African, or French, WTF difference does it make? That fact that you picked this out and you think it has some mysterious implication, is a problem, your problem.

I don't look at someone and think racial origin, it doesn't enter into it. If he were Russian, Swedish, English, African, or French, WTF difference does it make? That fact that you picked this out and you think it has some mysterious implication, is a problem, your problem.

Your opinion again.

My opinion? Ignorance of an anti-semitic depiction is not a defense and is a problem to others who might take offense. Just because you don't or can't see anti-semitism, doesn't make it OK other who might view it. It's not about just you and your perception as a poster, it's about how others feel and their perceptions as well.

What was the origin of the pic? Where did you get it from? An Obama-hating site? As you said originally with the pic, "Hmmmm."

I suggest we move along. You have an opinion that I don't share.

Your opinion again.

My opinion? Ignorance of an anti-semitic depiction is not a defense and is a problem to others who might take offense. Just because you don't or can't see anti-semitism, doesn't make it OK other who might view it. It's not about just you and your perception as a poster, it's about how others feel and their perceptions as well.

What was the origin of the pic? Where did you get it from? An Obama-hating site? As you said originally with the pic, "Hmmmm."

I suggest we move along. You have an opinion that I don't share.

Kinda hard for you to reply without using racism or hate. I really liked Gene Wilder, it wasn't Obama "HATE", it was a comparison of marches and protests. They all were violent at some point, but you didn't have a problem with Obama supporting BLW or Occupy Wall Street. Trump doesn't support either side, he said there was good and bad on both sides. And once again, there would not have been any violence had the opposing protesters stayed home. While I don't agree with the white supremacist, they do have a right to express there beliefs.

Kinda hard for you to reply without using racism or hate. I really liked Gene Wilder, it wasn't Obama "HATE", it was a comparison of marches and protests. They all were violent at some point, but you didn't have a problem with Obama supporting BLW or Occupy Wall Street. Trump doesn't support either side, he said there was good and bad on both sides. And once again, there would not have been any violence had the opposing protesters stayed home. While I don't agree with the white supremacist, they do have a right to express there beliefs.

We're talking about 45 who's a racist. So yes, my replies mention racism. If we were talking about dogs and cats, then I wouldn't mention racism.

You're obviously ignoring Muslim bans, the judge who ate up called biased because he had Mexican heritage, the Neo-Nazi who ran over an innocent protester, etc. Do you know why the mother of the girl who was run over and killed in Charlottesville won't even talk to the President? Hmmmm.

45 is racist. Maybe you just can't see it.

Ron Earp

Admin
I think it time we stop and take a serious look at what the Paddock has become and how it aligns with the original purpose for this forum.

I am in no way suggesting that free speech be curtailed, however I think that it's time for these "conversations" to go someplace else. I would not tolerate these diatribes to take place in my home and would put them out immediately.

I am asking Ron and the others who monitor this forum to eliminate this thread and let those who frequent it take their conversations elsewhere.

The goals of the forum and this subforum *might* be very different. We all have the power to choose to read, or not read, this forum if indeed it gives us offense.

And heck, this is the watered down version with a single political thread. I was, and still am, in favor of the Paddock NOT containing political rants to just one thread. I'm also in favor of making it members only, especially since many of the "full time" posters don't have a damn thing to do with GT40s or associated cars. But, you folks wanted it the way it is so that's what we've got.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
If people don't like this thread, they can certainly skip it and read another.
There's not enough hours in the day to monitor a wide-open political playground. Myself and the other mods got sick and tired of getting PM's, Emails and even phone calls from people tattling or whining about so and so threatening this or slandering or or or...
There are a few people on this thread that are walking very close to getting a time-out and one of them a flat out ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back