Unred Post Flags

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Sure is!

Only thing it fils on sometimes is the Superlight section.

Ian

I had another six threads pop up this morning with "unread posts". Opened them, closed them and they disappeared the next time I hit my shortcut for "new posts". Guess that'll be the daily band-aid remedy until the site developer figures out what happened.

Attachments

• gt40s unread posts.jpg
    gt40s unread posts.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 675
Tried to mark the forum read and keep coming up with this error.

Clayton

Attachments

• IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 335

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Please turn off the For sale bot from the unread post section. Are forum config changes being made again. It went from bad to now unusable to open the new thread page and find dozens of for sale threads found by the bot. Just wish it worked the way it used to when it was usable and helpful.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The Developer must have fixed the GT40sBot issue and now all the hits are posted.
Just go up to the QuickLinks tab and click on Mark all forums Read and you should not be bothered by those already posted...

Attachments

• IMG_7817.JPG
    IMG_7817.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Unread Post Flags

In that section it is reposting the same items from EBay time and time again, like it is redoing its search and then posting what it finds

Ian

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The Developer must have fixed the GT40sBot issue and now all the hits are posted.
Just go up to the QuickLinks tab and click on Mark all forums Read and you should not be bothered by those already posted...
I did and 3 hours later it was full again. Can the forum be configured to not include bot posts in the unread section?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Need a QA resource to test all this stuff in the STG environment before rolling it out to PRD ;)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I did and 3 hours later it was full again. Can the forum be configured to not include bot posts in the unread section?

It's happened a few times today which tells me he's working on it....
You can always use the forum's Ignore Feature for the Bot.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Need a QA resource to test all this stuff in the STG environment before rolling it out to PRD ;)

I'm sure that could be done if you want to donate the servers and related software... :stunned:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I would say spin up an EC2 instance in the cloud and then shut it down when you're done but even that approach is now antiquated with Lambda serverless compute, API gateway, and DynamoDB. I'd love to help just tell me how.

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Just logged in 1st time since yesterday and no new "unread posts" came up.

Is the forum back to normal again?

Ron Earp

Admin
Try this, go to the bottom of the main forum page and "Mark Forums Read". This will mark everything current as read. Then check it going forward over the next few days and see if the "New Posts" works for you. It seems to work for me.

Attachments

• forum.JPG
    forum.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 377

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, I think you're on to something there.....

I notice the "Mark Forums Read" button on the forum home page has a different set of modifiers than the "Mark Forums Read" button on the Quick Links. Maybe that's what the problem has been?

I've logged in & used the button on the home page 3 times today, and am not getting any of the "Unread Posts". Let's see what happens tomorrow (fingers crossed).

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Still had one Unread Post thread pop up this morning after trying it Ron's way yesterday.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Whatever the current configuration settings are, don't change them! Unread posts appears to be working correctly now.

Back