flat tow

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I count on Dennis for a lot as well but I don't count on him to save me from myself :)

john bach

GT40s Supporter
are you trying to tell me that Mr. Dennis Olthoff might be leading me astray. that Mr. Dennis might be lying to me. and that Mr Butfoy might be trying to lead me astray and both of them are in cahoots so to speak? criminitley. what is this world coming to? think i'll go wit Dennis and Loyd, anyway.

I'm not, but they would seem likely to be the only people to benefit from anything that might go wrong during your longer distance A-frame towing exploits!

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
I usually don't stick my nose into threads on the forum but in this case I figured I'd give it a go.....I wonder if any kind of towing with anybody in the towed vehical is legal not to mention safe at that distance.

Pat

Supporter
While flat towing a GT40 200 miles strikes me as a spectacularly bad idea, unless your car weighs less than 1,500 lb, your adventure may be in violation of state or local laws (in addition to the ones of common sense). Brake lights, integrated brakes, breakaway brakes, safety chains, lighting,mirrors, etc. etc. may be required and regulations should be checked. I'd also think that having a "light operator" in a towed vehicle is illegal as well.

john bach

GT40s Supporter
did'nt say i was gonna have someone in car towing it after Willow Springs if the '40 breaks. that was a one time event when i towed car to mechanic. then i did'nt have lights and did'nt know how car would tow so i had son in car to apply brakes and turn signals in tow car when i did and to see how car turned. son said all was well. now i dont intend doing the same. now i have tail, turn and brake lites for towed vehicle. and no one in towed car. i.'m guessing it was about 23 miles 1 way to mechanic's shop. but, thanks guys for your concern. i'll tell you how it went iF i HAVE to tow car home 113 miles. but only if the car breaks. and you can question me after Mothers Day next year.

Back