Something is missing

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks! This is what it looks like today at Genesee Park.

MountainCam.jpg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Sooooo...I'mmm guessin' this means it's either snow tires or the storage garage for your GT40 from now 'til spring? ;)

BTW, it was sunny and high 50s here all day... :pleased:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I think that's the case Larry. The car is down in Denver and I'm not sure if the roads were sanded down there or not. If not maybe one more drive Sat before I load it in the trailer and bring it up the mountain for winter. Have to get started with this winters "maintenance" ;)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Have to get started with this winters "maintenance" ;)

Oh, ya! 'Undoubtedly must need it!

After all, you must have had time to drive your '40 at least 73 miles this summer following last winter's "maintenance", right?! :laugh:

:chug:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...double post deleted.

(The "edit" setup ought to have a direct "delete" feature so one doesn't have to post something IN PLACE OF what was deleted in order TO delete it(!) [as above]...if that makes sense.)

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I think I went ~600 miles this summer. My goal is 1K each year so I'll catch up next summer.

Oh, ya! 'Undoubtedly must need it!

After all, you must have had time to drive your '40 at least 73 miles this summer following last winter's "maintenance", right?! :laugh:

:chug:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I think I went ~600 miles this summer. My goal is 1K each year so I'll catch up next summer.

On a "monthly" basis, you drove your '40 further than I drove my 'daily driver!

If you figure "summer" as being 3 months long (and I don't recall you HAVING 3 months behind the wheel this summer due to a crapload of 'holdups'/'issues' in getting the car back this year), that translates to about 2,400 miles a year or 200 miles per month.

I drove my new truck exactly 1,741 miles from August 22, 2016, to August 22, 2017...or about 145 miles per month... :shifty:

Glenn M

Supporter
That's a lovely picture mike......of a lovely car!

I can't imagine how hot it is there that they go to the expense of putting up huge fans like those! :sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Steve

Supporter
Glenn, those fans are just for the livestock to keep them comfortable. What you can't see is that underground there are 40,000 hamsters on a treadmill to power them.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
:) As I read this it's 35 degrees, the wind is howling, there is a nice fire burning in the wood stove and the GT40 is tucked away for winter on the mountain. I got to drive it 75 miles today before loading it in the trailer and bringing it up the mountain. Life is good.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Hi guys, please reach out to luftkraftfab.com to learn more about the KO's as well as several other solutions they offer. They are great guys and have been a great source of help for me building my car just the way I want it. Ask for Mark or Kris. Thanks!

Back