Loads more wiring going on today, plus I finished up the engine bay heat shields and reinstalled the power unit, this time for the last time, I connected up the engine harness, water pipes clutch AC etc so I hope she is in for good.

Cvy6gn.jpg

8LsvuZ.jpg

YFd5Mz.jpg

kcnCSG.jpg

So I've been buried in the wiring job on the car, but finally starting to see the light.
I did get the front anti roll bar drop links done so thats out of the way, filled the car with all its fluids and cleaned up a bunch of loose ends.

bR7PMz.jpg

The dash shroud got the Flocking treatment and thats what I think ill do the the main dash with. at least for now.

FutX4s.jpg

8w6nWs.jpg

hOEAgt.jpg

Then back to the wiring for the doors, oh my, what with electric locks, opener's, speakers, windows and mirrors there's a whole heap of wiring to do.

This is just the two doors worth.

9h8Qug.jpg

ARjmGT.jpg

EOByiW.jpg

fwCPf9.jpg

I cant think of another build that comes close....Maybe Bill Dobbins RCR 40. Throughly enjoying the process here and on facebook

Andy good morning, I will be a future builder of a GTR so all I can do is thank guys like you and Allan for sharing your build logs with the rest of us part timer builders. I have been building cars since I was 12 and I am now 55, so this is a great hobby and now it's time to pass my knowledge on too my son that's why I want to build a GTR. Any recent Post.
Larry
GTR Builder

Andy good morning any current updates to the build, Allan and yourself are two top notch builders, along with Ron in MD. I am gaining a world wind of knowledge from your builds, I have made two visits to Allan's shop which is just spectacular what a setting to build cars.
Thanks to all.

Absolutely sick of wires at this point! Trying to integrate all the different sections of harness to work together is a nightmare! The one button start wire for instance has to travel from front to rear of the car twice!!! the start button sends a command for start to the front power cell which in turn sends a signal to the rear power cell which would normally go to the starter. however in my case as the engine is controlled by the the Ford ECU with a clutch pedal safety switch, therefore my starter signal then travels back to the front of the tunnel where it taps into the Ford harness and returns via the ECU to the rear of the car!!!! well thats one wire down....
The engine however has made its first sounds, all be it a little erratic without a tune.

Electric windows seem to have power along with electric mirrors, door locks, fog lights, side markers, power steering, heated rear window, AC, Lift kit, Stereo, reverse lights, Front and rear dash cams, and the interior lights come on when the doors are opened and auto dim 10 seconds after the door is shut, that and the normal lights and so on.

The six pieces of rear wheel arches have been laminated up and the part attached to the engine cover is being modified to fit over the wider shock towers than that of the OEM chassis.

And as promised when it became a priority for me I would make the last parts in the tail light kit, that of the mounting bucket.

Here is the pattern.
eMAxRL.jpg

Here are the plug for the mould and ill pull my two of of the pattern.
EExPe5.jpg

This bucket will bond to the inside surface if the rear valance and the tail light will bolt to it, this way the light will be mounted to the fiberglass and the more delicate trim bezel will not get stressed.

Last edited:
Yes its all a bit tight in there.

JPIWsk.jpg

And finally the electrical systems all seem to be working out, still bits to finnish but getting there, mirrors move, windows go up and down, door locks open the doors, dash lights seem to work horn beeps, lights come on and go off, the nightmare of wires is coming to an end.

wirUUn.jpg

I bonded in the tail light buckets today and ran the wiring through the tail, all seems to be working out fine with the whole tail light package.

xX7QqU.jpg

Reverse lights.

S5dni2.jpg

Tail lights, stop lights and markers.

7J0pYM.jpg

Last edited:
Head lights, fog lights and markers all working on the front.

MCa4ef.jpg

e4no8y.jpg

R8bWlF.jpg

Oh and I even added the 100 to the front as did Ford for the 100th anniversary car, not quite the same but I'm working with what I have here.

sSRTBm.jpg

4pZlRF.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I knew the lights would look great, but they look FANTASTIC! And the 100 is impressive, an idea I might add if I can and you don't mind.

Your wheel well liners are exactly what I hope to achieve. I have given them a great deal of thought, but I have not yet seen what Fran provides. Having the upper portion of the liner move with the rear clam is essential, exactly as you have done. I would also like it for the front end in my car if I can hinge the front.

You have heard this from almost everyone that follows your build, but you have an amazing vision, combined with unmatched fabrication talent, that gives us all motivation to do better. Thank You, Again.

Back