Hello from Nottingham

Hi All,

Just to introduce myself, hopefully I will be around for a long time.

I have owned another legend car for the last ten years, a 1987 BMW E30 M3.
I love it, it may not be the quickest thing around but it delivers fun by the bucket load, either fast road use or the occasional track day.
Well, the market has dictated that this car is now worth a fair amount, my current estimate is that it has gone up over 10X in value. Lucky me!

I have always had a soft spot for a nice V8 and the GT40 in particular. It was only recently where I caught an article on Facebook from drivetribe where they mentioned GT40 replicas and the affordability. This got my mind thinking... never a good thing...

Therefore I am currently tempted to sell up and get involved in a GT40 build.

I am good with a spanner, I've done a lot of mechanical work and have also done some electrical work too, so I am fairly confident around being able to assemble a kit. However I have not done any fabrication work previously, not saying that I wouldn't want to or be able to learn, but I think that should be kept to a minimum.

Therefore I am currently looking at a TSC GT40 Super Pro Package where in theory everything is provided.

I've read Bob Woods build thread and can see an incredible amount of extra work that has gone into it. I will keep searching but wondered if anyone had a build thread based on the Super Pro package that would give me an idea of exactly how involved I would have to be / tools required etc.

Cheers,

Paul

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1501655236186.jpg
    FB_IMG_1501655236186.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 335

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Paul

If you have any questions about the pro package just give me a call at the Factory on 01562 820372.

There is no fabrication work required and every part down to the last bolt, rivet and screw is included.

Package is supplied with a 14 chapter build manual and CD disc with over 300 step by step build pictures.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Paul ... I am on the last bits of my Tornado build . Have enjoyed the build very much , Very straight forward ... Give Andy a call and go see the demonstrator GT 40 .. They are awesome ... The noise is fabulous .. This site is the one for questions very helpful ..

Good luck John ..

Thanks for the welcome Chaps,

Andy - I will definitely be in touch and arrange a Saturday morning visit.

John - What is your estimate on time spent?

Thanks for the welcome Chaps,

Andy - I will definitely be in touch and arrange a Saturday morning visit.

John - What is your estimate on time spent?

Hi Paul that really depends on what time you have to put into it . I have been 2 years into the build . But then I collected parts as I had the money . If I had collected the complete kit ...... I would say a quarter of that time ... And if I had more spare time ..... a lot quicker than I have taken ... You are gonna love building a Tornado GT 40 .....

John...

Back