More Global Cooling/Warming/Change hoax.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Sure, I know the planet is going through a CYCLIC warming...

Progress! :D

The big issues seem to me to be...can we do anything about it in time to stop it...

NO. Not any more than we can stop the tides or stop volcanoes from erupting...which, BTW, have puked more crap into the atmosphere since the dawn of the Industrial Revolution than industry has.

...and how do we go about it.

Certainly not by bankrupting western economies thru asinine EPA regs and wealth redistribution. As you mentioned...it's "cyclical"...and has been since the day the Earth was formed. So, by definition the Earth will at some point swing back the other way on its own.

...I doubt that ANY release of greenhouse gasses is a good idea...

Since CO2 is the gigantic elephant in THAT room, I'm going to make a wild prediction that, were there a way to 'poll' trees, grass, food crops, and all other 'plants' on the planet, they would unanimously disagree with that statement. In fact, there isn't an HONEST scientist on the planet today who would agree with it.

...What are you doing to help with the effort?

"The effort" as you seem to be defining it? Fighting it...at least the radical, AL Gore-led, money centric portion of it. However, I'm all for common sense environmental practices of all types. (IOW, those that won't eventually demand we all live in caves...in the tropics...because the EPA says we can't burn fossil fuels for heat. ;))
:chug:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I suspect Hawking has now officially gone completely off the deep end. Seriously. Either that or he's been paid a TON by Soros or others on the faaar left for authoring this anti-Trump/pro-climate change agenda-pushing claptrap. Perhaps both...:

Stephen Hawking Says Trump'''s Withdrawal From the Paris Accord Could '''Push the Earth Over the Brink'''

This alone should confirm my suspicion:

"Hawking, 75, was also pessimistic about the survival of the human race on Earth. “I fear evolution has inbuilt greed and aggression to the human genome. There is no sign of conflict lessening, and the development of militarized technology and weapons of mass destruction could make that disastrous,” he said. “The best hope for the survival of the human race might be independent colonies in space.”"

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

"Duke University has admitted that one of its lab technicians falsified or fabricated research data on respiratory illnesses that were used to get large grants from the Environmental Protection Agency."

Access Denied

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

"Duke University has admitted that one of its lab technicians falsified or fabricated research data on respiratory illnesses that were used to get large grants from the Environmental Protection Agency."

Access Denied

Again?

This is only, what, the ump-'TILLionth' time (give or take a dozen) that goings-on similar to this (committed by other 'environmental' researchers/scientists) has come to light?

But, by golly, that doesn't alter one bit the fact that scientific data has shown man is thee fly in the global warming/climate change ointment...and only fines, penalties and massive income redistribution will "fix" that...maybe...perhaps...at some point 100 years or more down the road...if nobody 'cheats'.......................................and...oh...uh...wait a 'sec'...

Just another instance of climate tampering to get the results the redistributionists want.

"The Bureau* of Meteorology (BoM) initially claimed the adjustments were part of its quality control procedures. But bureau chief executive Andrew Johnson later told Environment Minister Josh* Frydenberg that investigations had found a number of cold-weather stations were not “fit for purpose” and would be replaced."
#
Aussie temperature tampering scandal: “Smart cards” filter out coldest temperatures. Full audit needed ASAP! - 'The story changes: first it was quality control, then equipment failure, now a smart card?'

TEMPERATURE READINGS PLUNGE AFTER AUSTRALIA’S BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY ORDERS END TO ‘TAMPERING’ | Climate Depot

Steve

Supporter
FWIW, Hawking is no anthropologist and doesn't know shit about evolution. Brilliant man to be sure, but talking well beyond his expertise as a physicist. Man has always been aggressive, self-centered, and greedy. How the hell do you think we survived the other beasts on the Savannah? Show me a period in the history of Man where aggression was not a major influence.

Keith

To be quite honest, I don't think anyone could disagree with this bit:

“I fear evolution has inbuilt greed and aggression to the human genome. There is no sign of conflict lessening, and the development of militarized technology and weapons of mass destruction could make that disastrous,”

(My italics)

The most hilarious thing of all, is Mankind's arrogant belief that we have a right to exist for ever and that we possess the ability to bend the Universe to our will and sole benefit. All this, whilst not even knowing for sure how we came to exist in the first place.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Without arbitrary alignment, the Globalists have nothing.

"Analysis of the tide gauge data of Aden, Yemen shows that without arbitrary alignment of data, Aden exhibits very stable sea level conditions like those in Mumbai, India and Karachi, Pakistan, without any significant sea level trend."

Is the Sea Level Stable at Aden, Yemen? | SpringerLink

Still banging that same drum.

Yeah, 'annoying, isn't it...'cause it counters your favorite drumbeat: Gore's.

Speaking of sea levels...haven't archeologists found fossils of sea critters on the sides of present day mountains? Talk about a change in sea level!

Of course, the counter argument to that is the fossils are there because the mountains on which they're found rose from the sea.

My point? It makes no sense for gubmunt to take ONE side of the GW/CC argument and FORCE us to spend T-R-I-L-L-I-O-N-S of dollars on anti-global warming / climate change mandates because this-or-that group's argument postulates doing so might - MIGHT - prevent the Earth's temp from rising a quarter of a degree or so over the next 100 years.

ONE MORE TIME (FF to 01:25...caution: language):
George Carlin on Global Warming - YouTube

Well well well!!!

Donald Trump to build his wall in Ireland amid climate change 'irony' claims

The US President has been granted permission to construct a lengthy sea barrier to protect a golf course from Atlantic storms.

The original application cited global warming and rising seas as justification for the wall.

Trump Hotels estimates that between 15 and 20 metres of dune facing the edge of the golf course has eroded in the last 15 years.

Donald Trump to build his wall in Ireland amid climate change 'irony' claims

People can't for some strange reason see that Global warming/Climate change/ what ever new name works, is all about money. The earth has been colder than it is today and hotter than it is today, and will be again. For instance the warmest Christmas day in AZ was in 1934. We will probably have a mini ice age again and very hot temps again, it cyclical. Warming scientist are using a minute sliver of time in 4.5 billion years. Cattle flatulence, seriously?

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Thinking this out critically, one hottest day in 1934 does not account for the remaining 364 days, nor the global changes in which some locations now become dryer/wetter/cooler/warmer as a result of climate changes. As far as the money goes, that follows anything that money can be made from, whether it be fossil fuels, cigarettes, bitcoin, or global warming. I also wouldn't go back 4.5Gy, considering the atmosphere we can generally call "sustaining" is only about 1.5Gy old, but that's neither here nor there. Humanities excrements due to our activities, matches very well with science data, through our period of insignificance right up to the point where our activities became significant. Humans cannot continue to increase in population indefinitely without either killing each other off directly (through wars, competing resources, etc), or by destroying the very thing that allows life on this planet (ecosystems). But to deny it (climate influence by human activity) simply because money is involved in ways you disagree with (assuming this theory has merit) doesn't make the fact that it the surface of the earth is warming any less true.

Back