Is gt40's important to you - let us know your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron—I had established myself as a silver supporter with an automatic recurring PayPal payment. Out of curiosity I just checked and it shows as having been cancelled???

Is this something you did? If so, what can be done to implement this process once more?

Also, FWIW the SPF forum is the most important part of this enterprise, to me, and it distresses me that it has been shut down. It’s foolish of SPF to fail to pay their bills, as it is such a valuable resource and makes ownership of an SPF GT40 replica much more viable IMHO....

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the site and always happy to support. I wish GT40 owners were a bit more active but understand many have other priorities also. Since I retired from Ford Motor Company October 1st (39 years) I seem to be popping in and out of GT40s.com multiple times everyday now......:)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations on your retirement Gary! Welcome to a week with 6 Saturday’s and a Sunday!

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron—I had established myself as a silver supporter with an automatic recurring PayPal payment. Out of curiosity I just checked and it shows as having been cancelled???

Is this something you did? If so, what can be done to implement this process once more?

Also, FWIW the SPF forum is the most important part of this enterprise, to me, and it distresses me that it has been shut down. It’s foolish of SPF to fail to pay their bills, as it is such a valuable resource and makes ownership of an SPF GT40 replica much more viable IMHO....

Please turn the recurring stuff off. I can't turn it off from my side - folks sign up, then five years later they're sending me nasty messages saying I'm charging them for support even though the forum did not sign them up in that fashion.

Mike, did you just sign up, pay, and don't have a star?

To to open it's always been difficult to get SPF to send a check. They have indicated they will but it is like pulling teeth to get it to happen. I just don't have the gumption for it any longer. The SPF subforum will be dispersed by moderators to proper subforums. The threads will still be on the forum just not in the SPF section.Sponsored subforums probably aren't a good idea any longer.

Ron, no I haven’t paid yet. I confess ignorance. I had set it up for recurring payments so that I only needed to be smart one time, and then it would take care of itself each year.

I promise I would never send a nasty note!

Can you re-edjumicate me as to the $$$ for the various sponsorship levels, and what email we need to use to send PayPal to?

I can’t believe SPF is so dumb as to turn its back on its entire customer base (both present and future). How can they possibly justify that decision?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Mike - check the image below and look for what’s circled in red..

Attachments

• 723DA864-B161-431E-BC18-AB113681ED80.jpeg
    723DA864-B161-431E-BC18-AB113681ED80.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 407
Thanks Randy!

I feel stupid now—and deservedly so!

What would it take to bring the SPF forum back to life? Even though I don’t own one and it will likely be many years before I do (if ever), I believe the SPF forum is crucial. In fact it’s practically the only reason I participate here.

I would be happy to contribute more than my fair share to keep that going. Is there something that can be done since the company seems unwilling to support its customers and would-be customers like me?

Ron Earp

Admin
Maybe it's time to rethink how you view the forum as a resource. The SPF subforum doesn't have any factory support, it's just a subcollection of threads that are about SPF which are not organized at all by topic. If you want to find a solution to problem XYZ you've got to plow through hundreds of threads in that subforum that aren't related to XYZ.

Alternatively, if those threads are put into proper subforums it'd be far more likely for you to find a AC, weatherstripping, etc. question. And along the way read about how solutions are incorporated into other cars. Broadens your knowledge and you'll probably end up with a better solution.

That’s an interesting perspective. I was viewing the opposite side of the coin—if I had a SPF-related issue I would have to plow through tons of unrelated marque threads to find the info I needed—needle in a haystack-style.

Hmm...:thinking:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I think it would be of value for people to put the type of car they are working on in their header. IE:
SPF - Dashboard wiring questions
GTD - Front wheel bearings
RCR - HVAC questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back