FAST 2.0 EFI Install

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
A few weeks back I had Paul Whitlock (here in Charlotte) swap out my old Pantera fuel injection system with the FAST 2.0 self-learning unit. The install was a bit tricky since I'm running an Eight Stack EFI system that draws so much air. But Paul did an amazing job getting it right. Along with the FAST install, Paul installed a 1.5 gallon reserve fuel tank in which he placed the high pressure pump. Placing the pump in the reserve tank eliminated the noise I had previously with the external pump. Paul also fabricated a new megaphone exhaust system that was tuned to work with the new EFI. The combination of these changes made a huge difference in the performance of my car.

​The FAST 2.0 dashboard (photo below) allows you to monitor all the key measurements for the system, and the self-learning process works really well. In less than 100 miles, the system was fully dialed in. Thanks to Paul for his expert knowledge and attention to detail.

The video link shows the exhaust note generated by the megaphones Paul fabricated for me.

New EFI and Megaphones Dec 2017 - YouTube

Attachments

• FAST 2.0.JPG
    FAST 2.0.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 471
I jumped from the EZ 1.0 after 6 months in the GT-40, straight over to the XFI Sportsman. Both FAST systems have worked very well, however, EZ 1.0 would only control fuel, and I wanted total control of both fuel and spark instead of having to use the standalone MSD programmable box. It's easier to datalog everything and make changes on the fly. Of course, the XFI 2.0 does about 100% more but that's more than I need for a vintage setup.

What motor are you running with the stack injection? I still have my notes and settings for my EZ (418W) that you can use to compare. I noticed your accel (pump) setting may be off (too rich?) when you rev'd it. BTW, that accel (pump) setting can be a negative number...I believe mine worked best at -6. ITB's can be a challenge to tune, but the FAST systems do a decent job!

Last edited:
that sounds wicked mate,

I'm about to install the 8 stack on to mine. Its the speedmaster setup though. Currently i run a motel with just the throttle body but i love the 8-stack.

The system is the self learning one but I'm hoping not too much trouble.

Congrats on the car!

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Mitchell:

Where do you live in Australia? I lived in Hobart for five years, and return on business every few years.

Dave

A few weeks back I had Paul Whitlock (here in Charlotte) swap out my old Pantera fuel injection system with the FAST 2.0 self-learning unit. The install was a bit tricky since I'm running an Eight Stack EFI system that draws so much air. But Paul did an amazing job getting it right. Along with the FAST install, Paul installed a 1.5 gallon reserve fuel tank in which he placed the high pressure pump. Placing the pump in the reserve tank eliminated the noise I had previously with the external pump. Paul also fabricated a new megaphone exhaust system that was tuned to work with the new EFI. The combination of these changes made a huge difference in the performance of my car.

​The FAST 2.0 dashboard (photo below) allows you to monitor all the key measurements for the system, and the self-learning process works really well. In less than 100 miles, the system was fully dialed in. Thanks to Paul for his expert knowledge and attention to detail.

The video link shows the exhaust note generated by the megaphones Paul fabricated for me.

New EFI and Megaphones Dec 2017 - YouTube

Sounds and looks great Dave. Nice video. You know that the pointy end of the car is the front and goes forward though right?

Back