Design An Emblem?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Looks great. Any interest in making center cap emblems to match? Will there be adhesive mounted to the emblem for a quick install? Definitely interested.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I'm interested for sure. Any interest in making center cap emblems to match?

Does it come with the adhesive attached?

Looks really good Mason, what are the dimensions? Maybe your guy can make me a custom one based on my logo (not yet created) when the time comes?

Yep, you beat me to it Del :)

Are you going to mount that on your SLC? I'd love to see pics of it mounted in place on the hood or tail.

The logo has gone through some revisions since I first posted it.
I tweaked every element in the original design to make it work at the 3" scale. There was too much sub millimeter detail in the original design, I also had to take into account the Kerf of the laser cut. I went through many laser foil cuts on wood badges to get to the current design.

Ken: Thanks for the kind words.
1. I have not created the wheel emblems yet in carbon fiber (I do have some in a sticker style), I will order some thinner carbon plate and make up some samples.

2. The emblems will come with pre-installed 3M™ Super Strength Molding Tape. Which is designed specifically for mounting emblems and molding to vehicles. The back will be milled with cut outs for the tape to slot into.

Mesa:
1. The dimensions are 66mm wide x 76mm tall
2. Custom design: Shouldn't be a problem If you can provide the vector artwork for your logo. I can make the badge if it's only one. I have a source for manufacturing, but that only makes sense for larger batches.

Mark:
Since there seems to be a demand for center caps, I'll make samples of those next.

Anyone can use anything on their car, but please note that Mason's design isn't the official one - which is in progress.

We've been trying to get them to be a reasonable price, and that is taking time. For those who want to wait for the official logos, here's a sample of what we are hoping to get done:

68OwLRT.jpg

Here's one on a car:

3478hXm.jpg

The blue badge is a prototype, but the production ones will be red as in the example above.

For those who feel they can't wait for the official version, copies of the emblem above can be obtained from Trevor at [email protected]. The official versions will be priced extremely attractively when they become available.

It's possible that there may be wheel cap covers that can be applied over the stock Forgestar wheel caps, but that is a future project.

Those look pretty awesome Will.

In the top picture the lighter part of the graphic looks silver, but the blue version on the bottom looks more white. Is the lighter printing in white ink?

I like the red one, but my only suggestion would be leaving the super in superlite white. The dark red lettering on black background causes it to get lost.

If you glance at it you only see the word 'lite' and the two legs/spikes.

Great work so far! Building a super car that comes with emblems is a big step up and a great finishing touch for builders of these beasts.

Those look pretty awesome Will.

In the top picture the lighter part of the graphic looks silver, but the blue version on the bottom looks more white. Is the lighter printing in white ink?

I like the red one, but my only suggestion would be leaving the super in superlite white. The dark red lettering on black background causes it to get lost.

If you glance at it you only see the word 'lite' and the two legs/spikes.

Great work so far! Building a super car that comes with emblems is a big step up and a great finishing touch for builders of these beasts.

Thanks! The blue badge in the pictures is the same badge, so the difference is due to lighting.

That's one of the small changes we are considering. I agree that the black/red combo doesn't have enough contrast.

Yeah, the car has always needed better badging, and now that is coming to fruition. I think they will look great when they are done, and I hope people will be happy with them on their cars.

We are also contemplating a linear badge for the rear. Sort of like what my garage minisplit has on it.. :)

fHX6KjF.jpg

The more badges the better! I wouldn't even mind shoulder badges :shocked:

Also, sick garage! I just built a garage this past year in preparation for my build.

LlQBDto.jpg

(I have the M5 to try out the S85 engine, since I want to put the same engine in the SLC. If I pop this engine it might change my mind!)

WOW! These will really add to the finished look of these amazing cars. The red looks great, but I would add my vote to the "super" matching the "lite" to add contrast to the entire logo.

Anyone can use anything on their car, but please note that Mason's design isn't the official one - which is in progress.

We've been trying to get them to be a reasonable price, and that is taking time. For those who want to wait for the official logos, here's a sample of what we are hoping to get done:

The blue badge is a prototype, but the production ones will be red as in the example above.

For those who feel they can't wait for the official version, copies of the emblem above can be obtained from Trevor at [email protected]. The official versions will be priced extremely attractively when they become available.

It's possible that there may be wheel cap covers that can be applied over the stock Forgestar wheel caps, but that is a future project.

Finally get to see what they look like on the carbon! Whatever you told Trevor, he wouldn't even give me a hint and it's been bugging me ever since. Man, those are sharp, WAY better than I expected and it's perfect how well they'll go with all the carbon on my car. Fran (and maybe you?) did awesome with the design and the logo/emblem, they're perfect in my opinion. I really dig the matching badge/car prototype, looks fantastic.

For anyone that can't wait for the official emblems and do want to order through Trevor, just know he's a stand up guy and his work is top notch. I originally posted pics when I started this thread (thanks alot Photobucket) of stuff he's made for Corvettes, several of which is on my daily driven C5 (attached misc pics). I'm kind of OCD when it comes to things matching or imperfections and I was very pleased with his work. I REALLY wish I had his skills actually. He is only 1 person and the badges would be made to order (by him), but he does use all US materials and even makes his own carbon fiber sheets which I find impressive in itself. I'm not sure what they cost, but hit him up if you can't wait...I don't think you'd be disappointed. I'll end up ordering a set from him and the official ones when they become available, never can have too many Superlite logos around.

I'd be down for center caps too, maybe with just emblem and no Superlite logo, kind of like how Corvette OEM wheels have the flags?

I agree will, the lettering on the rear would be pretty slick as well, of course I'm partial to the inset lettering on Corvettes and F-bodies. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpg
    IMG_4078.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_4157.jpg
    IMG_4157.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_4262.jpg
    IMG_4262.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Trevor 2.jpg
    Trevor 2.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Attach15430_20170626_122952.jpg
    Attach15430_20170626_122952.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 332
I sent Trevor a link to the thread and he had some spare time this afternoon and just enough epoxy to do an emblem to show how it'd look with a single color Superlite logo. If anyone happens to wants one now, welcome to email him directly or PM me if you'd like.

Attachments

• Attach12379_20180105_125932.jpg
    Attach12379_20180105_125932.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 373
  • Attach12380_20180105_125934.jpg
    Attach12380_20180105_125934.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 405
Will who designed this masterpiece? The Isle of Man connection is brilliant! Testament to the SLC philosophy that less is more. Please find a way to produce the linear badge. I do agree the Superlite lettering in one color appears easier on the eye.

Will who designed this masterpiece? The Isle of Man connection is brilliant! Testament to the SLC philosophy that less is more. Please find a way to produce the linear badge. I do agree the Superlite lettering in one color appears easier on the eye.

I ran a design contest on one of those sites on the internet. Had about 30 submissions, and Fran (and I) liked this one best.

We are working on a linear badge design- do you like the one on the minisplit above? That's my fave so far. But I want to focus on the round badge first.

Will, I love the logo above your cabinets! I would buy that in a heartbeat for the back of the car. I also like the round one. It just so happens I'm using red accents in my build so that would work perfectly. Hopefully you can find a way to make the red stand out more in the "superlite" part of the round badge. I like that idea.

I sent Trevor a link to the thread and he had some spare time this afternoon and just enough epoxy to do an emblem to show how it'd look with a single color Superlite logo. If anyone happens to wants one now, welcome to email him directly or PM me if you'd like.

these look super nice. What did the cost end up being?

Back