H Craft GT-R, Jared's build.

H wow that's great, can't wait to see the finished car I have visited Allen in Connecticut several times and between him and yourself you guys keep this 55 yr old motivated to keep building. I am in the process of building a new garage /shop so I hope to be completed by spring.

H wow that's great, can't wait to see the finished car I have visited Allen in Connecticut several times and between him and yourself you guys keep this 55 yr old motivated to keep building. I am in the process of building a new garage /shop so I hope to be completed by spring.

Do you have a car on order then?

H not yet I wanted to get the garage all done and fitted out and make sure my daughter is set for her first year in college and then place an order my plan is to run a twin turbo Eco boost motor like the new GT 40

Mounting up the hand brake calipers today.

K30KcP.jpg

cFS4jB.jpg

And our genuine GT-R hand brake got some brackets fabricated up and welded to the chassis.

Finished up the steering arms, its one of the last parts of the trunk/power steering modifications, just got to extend the track rods now.

2FlBSY.jpg

Ftu6bB.jpg

Last project for today was to separate the hood from the fenders, pleased with the way this turned out. The fenders will bolt to the extended radiator supports, and brackets bonded to the rear edge of the fenders and bolted to plates bolted to the A pillar.

ifnVqD.jpg

299ppG.jpg

H I think I will ask Fran to incorporate the front and rear panel openings like you have done here and also ask to have the body centered in the wheel well when I order my kit. From what i understand the electric window package is extra from the factory.

Jared V

Supporter
H do you have contacts for 2005 GT-40 parts.

If you PM me I will send you the contact info for who I have sourced some parts from. Ebay usually has a bunch of parts. Ford dealer has some but I have heard you need VIN proof of ownership. This has been mentioned on the forum before by others so I don't mind saying H has parts he is using in his own car that were take-offs and leftover from the race program.

Ammuse me what is rule 2

Larry, this is what they are referring too. Rule #2

2. Use Your Real Name: If you have signed up with some sort of “handle” go to your User Control Panel (User CP link in the menu bar) and change your Public Name under “Edit Your Details” to your real name. GT40s.com does not support user handles, you need to use the name your mother gave you, not a nickname. We don't care how long you've been using your nickname. Only one registration per real person, we use login IP addresses and other means to determine "multiple personalities". We wish to know who we’re talking to and who is accountable for their posts on the forum. GT40s.com reserves the right to ban users at any time, for any reason. Hint, the answer to the registration question is Real Name

H I am about 2 to 3 weeks from placing my GTR order with Fran now that I know where my daughter has committed to college ( Lasalle University Pa) have you come up with pricing on the tail lights, front headlight carbon buckets, and anything else you may be offering

H I am about 2 to 3 weeks from placing my GTR order with Fran now that I know where my daughter has committed to college ( Lasalle University Pa) have you come up with pricing on the tail lights, front headlight carbon buckets, and anything else you may be offering
Yes Larry there is pricing on most of the parts now tail lights are $700.00 a pair for the lights and buckets. head light buckets id have to look tomorrow.
H

Tail hinges for Jared,s build, they take a bit of careful positioning and the addition of a rib under the rear edge of the engine cover but they work. Ill re work the aluminum piece to reduce the amount of shim to mounting block that I had to use, but otherwise all is good.

e47dbl.jpg

KRzPmB.jpg

qNs0xl.jpg

H it would be great if you could put some kind of assembly manual together with the refinements your doing on your cars you have some great ideas Larry Go Eagles

Radiator ducting was the order of the day along with the start of installing the AC system we drilled holes in the front of the A pillar to allow us to run the -10 & -8 hoses down through the chassis the AC unit from Restored air has been fitted to the under side of the dash area ready for us to finish the hoses.

This is the heater valve plumbed into the hot water pipe.

4wGz4g.jpg

This is the lower rad panel that comes from the bottom of the rad to the OEM outlet that we are using

IRhopr.jpg

The OEM panel sits on top of the lower panel and holds the outlet screens

HoBeNh.jpg

jF0aMu.jpg

droPlT.jpg

241Jsr.jpg

tomorrow we will move on with the heater pipes and AC lines in the front and cabin area.

Last edited:
Back