UN1 Output shafts

Steve thank you for your comments.
You mention not fitting the windows then mention I must have side windows? A friend of mine has just past IVA with no side windows, please clarify?

Thank you
Mark

Hi Mark,

Re your forthcoming IVA test. A few things to be careful of ...... the side windows as originally supplied with an MDA kit are no longer compliant. Also don't submit the car with the side windows not fitted - that will result in a fail.
FBe very careful with regard to all the hoses on the car. Make sure they were designed for the purpose being used and are marked as such. Have supporting paperwork with you. Be careful with the rear number plate lights. If they impinge on any area that will be occupied by the number plate it will get a fail.
Be ultra careful with regard to the radius gauge tests. On the interior it is very easy to overlook something ...... handbrake levers are a classic failure. Also the bevels on some brands of gauges fail on the radius test.
Also make sure the headrests meet the current requirement. Tornado had to re-design theirs as they were deemed too small.
Please keep everyone posted as to how you get on as it helps build a pool of information.

Howard,
2pin asembly innnerpin :3mmx50mm outer pin 5mmx50mm,
when installing: first outer pin (5mm) and then the 3mm pin

greetings,
Paul

Paul should the driveshaft on the UN1, coming out of the differential have any float (movement) at all? If so what is acceptable?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi,
I'm in the field at this moment without a decent internet connection, i will come back to you around 18january with the needed information

thx for understanding
Paul

Steve thank you for your comments.
You mention not fitting the windows then mention I must have side windows? A friend of mine has just past IVA with no side windows, please clarify?

Thank you
Mark

Hi Mark.

As long as you haven’t drilled any holes for side windows and you give the tester the ”appropriate” answer when he asks if you ever intend to fit windows you should be ok.

Bob.

Hi Mark,
Sorry for slow reply ..... I've been at the Autosport Show at the NEC.
The side window issue is a dodgy area. Some people have had cars fail because the examiner ruled that the car was designed to have side windows and therefore they need to be in place.
You may care to give Andrew Sheldon at Tornado and Mick Sollis at Southern GT a call and see what their current experiences have been. They both put customer cars through the test ...... although at different test centres.
I would be interested to hear their current views.

Hi John,
Hope all goes well with your IVA.
Please post details of the outcome. Andy is well versed in the requirements and has built up a relationship with the test station he uses and is therefore able to address any minor points are raised. You didn't say if your car has side windows fitted. I know Andy has windows which are compliant.

I sure Mark (lots of postings above) would be very keen to hear how you get on.

Hi Mark,
I hope you've seen the post from John. His car failed on Wednesday with a list of frustrating small things to rectify. Importantly he submitted the car with NO side windows and there was not a problem in this regard. Hopefully this provides clarity on this potential grey area.

Hi Mark,
I hope you've seen the post from John. His car failed on Wednesday with a list of frustrating small things to rectify. Importantly he submitted the car with NO side windows and there was not a problem in this regard. Hopefully this provides clarity on this potential grey area.

Hi Steve
Just caught up on the above posts, all positive with a few grey areas. Hopefully I’ll have my car ready for late March/April

Many thanks to all

Back