What chassis number is this car?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Apparently Caddyshack never made it to the Netherlands ;)

"An unknown comes out of the gallery...."

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber....I didn't want to do it, but I thought I owed it to them..."

"I'd play on, I don't think the really heavy stuff is gonna come down for a while"

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Ted Knight was masterful IMO.

It's easy to grin When your ship comes in And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat.

So It sounds like gt-40 replicas are raced at goodwood? either a superformance or Gelscoe as long as they have FIA paperwork. It also sounds like they have let other cars in as well. I suppose its up to the race chair.....................

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!"

Here is Al Czervik in one of our cars...

Attachments

• Optimized-Al Czervik.jpg
    Optimized-Al Czervik.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 636

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ai_imjgKPas" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NaqGBF9nUb8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
As far as I know, HM only built a single continuation MKII which has perpetually been for sale for 10+ years. It may have traded hands a few times but it has never found a true owner as far as I know. I just saw an ad for it for sale in England now.

Please correct me if I’m wrong?

This info copied from the H&M website today (1/18/2018):

| Holman & Moody Mark II |

"Now with FIA Chassis type approval our new Mark IIs are being sold with
FIA vintage passports for racing in Europe."

That oughta start a new brawl!

Nothing said about Mark Is...

Cheers!

Doug

I always wondered how it was possible to see so many GT40's each year at the Spa6hrs.
Every year, more and more GT40's on the start grid. Thought it where about 14 GT40's at the start of the Spa 6hrs endurance race 2017.
Made me thinking, how many mk1 GT40's realy where build in the sixties.
How many mk2 are build in the sixties.

I Always wondered how it was possible to see the cars back on track after they crashed very bad at the Spa 6hrs race.
I have seen the green GT40 roadster crash so hard it was almost impossible to repair with a twisted chassis and bits of the chassis broken of. Next race event ...it was there again ??

So somebody must have a an infinite stock new genuine parts like chassis and components and even bodyparts, or.... somebody is just re manufacturing them and if so, why not complete cars... There must be some VIN numbers unused from the sixties somewhere Ill guess.

IMO, I don't care as I realy like to see the GT40's race. The more the better.
Best races I saw where those of the small block GT40's against the big block Lola T70's mk3B years ago at the Masters.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
That photo looks like the Springbok/Angola car. If it is then there is A big convoluted story about how they got that car out of the country. People died.

Back