IVA Fail .....2....

:furious:

Hi all Well she failed AGAIN .......... on 2 things he rekons he missed on the 1st test ............He wants a couple more zip ups on the battery lead to the starter motor ........... and is now Questioning the paperwork on the rear plexy glass . ... cant believe this tosser ..............:furious::thumbsdown:

:furious:

Hi all Well she failed AGAIN .......... on 2 things he rekons he missed on the 1st test ............He wants a couple more zip ups on the battery lead to the starter motor ........... and is now Questioning the paperwork on the rear plexy glass . ... cant believe this tosser ..............:furious::thumbsdown:

That's not good, I always understood they only tested the failed items, problem is you can't really argue as they have all the cards. What do Tornado think about it?

Real pain but you will get there soon, no consolation but that retest was really quick so hopefully the next one will be as well. Weather is rubbish at the moment in any case, the sun will come out when it passes and you will have a much better first drive :)

Hi Nick m8 .. Andy at Tornado is doing the IVA for me . He was very angry . But as you say ............ You cant kick off or it will give you more hassle .. Andy is fighting in my corner for me ,,,,,

That really sucks, interesting though I always understood the rear screen needed to be “E” marked glass is that not th case then?

Third time lucky though, and I’m sure Andy will get it through for you...

Hi John,
This result is really annoying, but fortunately not your problem to resolve. Any decent tester would have allowed you (in this case Andy Sheldon) to add the additional cable ties on the day
Regarding the rear screen, it has to have the correct E-mark, glass or plastic and the tester could have forgotten to check it on the first submission.
As an aside when we submitted Tony Brown’s Mk3 for test we didn’t have a rear screen fitted, as it a different size to a Mk1 and not readily available. We built a box over the air filters (mainly to keep the noise contained) and ensured it met the min radius requirements. No issues were raised on this part of the submission
Regards,
Andy

I fitted an aluminium panel for my back window which was passed, and they allowed minor things to be put right. Headlight adjustment etc

Hi all Andy has paperwork for the rear screens .. They wanted to see the up to date paperwork , as for the zip up wire clips . wasn't worth messing about at the test center cos he had to get the up to date papers via Email ..

As they say 3rd time lucky .. fingers crossed ....

Hi John ........ we're all feeling the pain for you. The frustration of it all. The four letter word FORD can quickly turn into another four letter word starting with 'F'.
I presume your car is currently un-painted ...... so what do you have in mind?
Huge loads of best wishes for next week. ( I won't say luck because luck should not be part of the process)

We'll all be logged in next Tuesday evening hopefully to hear you jumping with joy !!!!!

Thank you Steve m8 . Yes she is unpainted I was told not o paint till after the IVA .. I have done a tester for colour on the front nostril panel . Its called Blue Perlz Grape .shimmers purple in the sun light .. If all goes well you will hear me cheering LOL ..

Thanks for all your messages guys ...

John..

Back