H awesome work so far and yes your phone will be ringing a lot when I start my build hopefully in June does anyone know anything About Quaife QBE81G001 7sp Sequential Transaxle Gear Boxes from the UK I am looking into them as we speak they come with a paddle shift Also for all of you non Philadelphia Eagles Fans please help me bring home a Super Bowl Victory Today for my beloved Eagles

H thanks so much and all I have to say is we are Super Bowl Champs how crazy is that with a back up quaterback and to beat the evil empire to boot. This yr so far is starting out great.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
A question for you Mr H. Will these GT-Rs be able to be tracked/raced with the use of wheel adapters in the front? I've read that some sanctioning bodies don't allow their use. I plan to build one in the near future and this is a bit of a concern.

A question for you Mr H. Will these GT-Rs be able to be tracked/raced with the use of wheel adapters in the front? I've read that some sanctioning bodies don't allow their use. I plan to build one in the near future and this is a bit of a concern.

Not sure on the use of the spacers but its not difficult to remove them as I did for mine and Jared's builds.
If you take out the male rod ends from the wish bones insert a high grade stud and then use female rod ends it puts the upright out about the right amount, you can fine tune with spacers and shimming washers to get them to clock right.
It will also lighten up the steering as it moves the point of tuning rotation closer to the center of the tire.
The track rod will need to be extended also and can be done one of two ways, Ive cut mine and added a tube over them then welded it all back together, the other way is to use a double nut and change the track rod end to a male.

HZGdQQ.jpg

You have to use these top hats to down size the top wish bones to 1/2 " but all the stuff is available from McMaster Carr
DSPLdG.jpg

And you will have to space out the top damper clevis some what too.

Last edited:
H great work the access to the entire build photo log is excellent on another note after two unsuccessful tries to get a 3.5 Ecoboost Crate motor a finally found a donor out of a 2017 Ford 150 with 1303 miles so this was sent to Fran yesterday and I also picked up a Control Module System for a manual trans I should be able to finally place my order with Fran next week I can't wait to start building the 16 weeks is going to be an eternity thank god I will have a new shop to pull together in the meantime

H how much longer before you fire this bad boy up and your absolutely right about stance being the most critical part of a quality build that's the first step in attracting folks to a car the 2nd is the color and awesome paint scheme with an above the average paint job that is the one area I refuse to do I leave it to the professionals

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
H, the stance of your GT-R looks great! After looking closely at your photos and those from Ron McCall, I have been contemplating raising my front splitter. The splitter hangs 1” lower than the chassis and the bolt heads decrease the clearance even further.

Can I raise the radiator 1” and still have clearance at the hood?

H, the stance of your GT-R looks great! After looking closely at your photos and those from Ron McCall, I have been contemplating raising my front splitter. The splitter hangs 1” lower than the chassis and the bolt heads decrease the clearance even further.

Can I raise the radiator 1” and still have clearance at the hood?

Sure there is room, the splitter re location realistically lifts the very front of the splitter about 1 1/4" and 1" at the tub.

You will have to re work the rad mounts but you really need it to fit as tight top to bottom as possible, so once the splitter is modified and re assembled with the front re fit the rad at whatever angle best filled the gap.

You will need to change out the top outboard rod ends to high angle ones from Speedway Motors, part # 1750606 (make sure your shoulder bolts are 2 1/2" of shoulder as I've come across some 2 1/4" which you will need to change out) you may need one similar for the track rod end you'll have to check.

Ive lifted and spaced out the top front damper mount at the same time, one inch higher on the tub and 3/4' out should do the trick on yours. this also allows you to remove the top damper bolt without having to dismantle half the suspension.

Depending upon how radical you want to go you may need a shorter rear damper or risk running out of travel, the car comes with a QA1 DS 303 I went with a QA1 DS 301 but you may get away with a QA1 DS 302.

Once you commit to getting the car stance down you have to be fairly aggressive with trimming of returns around the wheel openings so that the wheels have room to move, so make sure your wheels are well centered in the arches before you start.

Let me know if you need any more detail

H

Kurtiss H.

Supporter
Thanks H, that's a lot of information. I will carefully digest the info and let you know if I any more questions. Thank you!

Also, I do want to purchase your fiberglass foglight buckets and tail light parts.

Thanks again.

Sometimes things don't quite go as planned so its a redo not the water pipes, I'm going to weld a 90º bend to the front of each of the water pipes that go through the tunnel it was just to awkward to get to the front hoses with all that I'd done, so a silly water leek turned into major hassle, welded on bends will fix this, only wish I'd done it months ago.

nq2Ims.jpg

Also I'm still trying to button up more little odds and ends, this mornings task was to duct the de-mist air from the under dash AC unit to the dash vents, I folded up a simple duct then riveted and sealed it to the tub to transfers air. the hole in the top of the duct and the hole in the underside of the dash will line up with a foam seal in between as the dash is installed.

tyAp0g.jpg

6D7v3H.jpg

kBxFv2.jpg

So the windows have been bonded in now, getting ever closer to visiting the dyno for drivability mapping. The Aluminator 5.2XS comes with a 5.0 Coyote computer so it will run, but is all over the place and needs to be tuned to the 5.2

GQ33sD.jpg

cjOYBs.jpg

And she got her fake ID today, its all coming together.

Ru5bwH.jpg

Its so satisfying to finally see some of the parts that have taken so long to pound out and weld from flat stock aluminum, end up as a finished part.

0hglpt.jpg

UNDsd1.jpg

QBRRm3.jpg

OvwVoi.jpg

twNWLC.jpg

And billet vents which can be found on Ebay.
IOvNKW.jpg

I've been trying to add some old video's from early in the race program to my you tube channel, although not necessarily about the kit car it is however where it all started.
Sponsor video - YouTube

Last edited:

Jared V

Supporter
That video is awesome! Looking forward to taking your GT-R for a test drive Monday. :burnout::burnout::burnout:Console looks great.

I for the first time since I started work on the car pulled her out of the corner and over to the setup patch, ill get her aligned so that we can make a trip to Baltimore area next week to get her mapped. Its a long way to go but Adam Brown is an expert with these motors.

E0nIo1.jpg

HGuAQg.jpg

CNxkIo.jpg

Back