LS7 with Dailey dry sump- AC compressor mount?

Johan

Supporter
Hi Steven.
I removed the oil filler cap on the valve cover and just welded the bung to the cover.
The bung was included with the regulator.
Also removed the stock evac tubes and welded them shut.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Scott,
I have the same Dailey dry sump system on my LS3.
Your setup lookes as recommended, with the exeption of the lines from the valve covers to breather tank. I have a vaccuum regulator on the valve cover iso the lines.
The scavange part of the pump is pulling a lot air so your -AN 6 lines lookes a little small.
Or is it maybe due to emission you are routing the lines as in the drawing?

Johan,

Good catch. I exchanged a few emails with Bill Daily and here's my understanding.

The approach depends on the power level of the motor and how much blow by is generated by the motor. If it's a crate motor you can run it sealed and the pump will make crankcase vacuum.

Since I only have the 3-stage pump and I'm only at 1,000 HP he indicated that a pair of -6 lines is probably enough, but he would increase to -10. He also does not recommend a vacuum regulator for my setup. It seems he only recommends the vacuum regulator if you're making serious HP on a 3-stage pump or have one of the pumps with more stages.

Johan

Supporter
Scott,

I was of the impression that it should be routed like this.
Had the engine apart and checked, lookes very fine, I also made a leak down test with good results.
It's not started yet, but I will check the vaccuum when I do.
If it's not pulling at least 10inhg I guess I have to reconfigure the system.

And thanks for the info.

Back