H Craft GT-R, Jared's build.

H no doubt I will be ordering parts from you just curious if anyone knows where I can find the intake setup used on th Radicals 3.5 twin turbo car with or without the charge coolers or does anyone know anyone in the aftermarket maybe producing a intake manifold for the 3.5 Ecoboost twin turbo if not I may take on this challenge

Larry I've put my feelers out to buddies at Roush who are on the Ford GT engine program ill let you know if they come up with anything.

H

Andy thank you very much just as a side note if anyone is looking to purchase a newer Chevy Silverado or GMC Serria Pickup I just got mine delivered yesterday from an auction site called Copart they have 50 Silverados and 41 GMC Serria Trucks that were in the Houston Flood and no water intrusion I got a 2017 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab All Star Edtion for 28,300.00 and the truck retails for $ 48,000.00 Just go to Copart.com go to find vehicle and plug in info look for water/ flood damage.

H no doubt I will be ordering parts from you just curious if anyone knows where I can find the intake setup used on th Radicals 3.5 twin turbo car with or without the charge coolers or does anyone know anyone in the aftermarket maybe producing a intake manifold for the 3.5 Ecoboost twin turbo if not I may take on this challenge

Larry, No joy with the Roush Yates guys its all a bit too proprietary, and they are not involved in the Radical stuff so best you contact Radical and see what they have to offer.

H

Re structuring the bulk head, lots of welding to do here.

This is to sit over the intake pipe.

AAap2E.jpg

Then I cleaned up the opening trying to give some access to the front of the engine just incase.

8LM1YY.jpg

saoqKJ.jpg

Then to start and weld it all together.

Tg5Gv4.jpg

Im adding some vertical stiffener's to the inside that will be tied together below the hole, the hole will have a removable panel that will house the base speaker and if removed allow access to do a belt change etc.

GOByZY.jpg

Cw1Pm2.jpg

rKMLAS.jpg

Hope to finish this up tomorrow.

So four hours into today I managed to finish up the welding of the bulkhead reconstruction.

H8bT9L.jpg

3u8xb7.jpg

Then turned my attention to creating a window frame aperture, its a little shallower than OEM but will still be sufficient to se out the rear.

6I16R1.jpg

PwHEkq.jpg

So whilst the engine is in place for a while I'm going to work on some exhausts.
Jared had supplied me with some Hookers headers and a whole bunch of 3" pipe and mandrel bends.
In order to at least make a dent in the mountain of pipe I decided to first head off on a forward direction adding a shorty Cat and a 190º bend before heading towards the rear of the car, we wanted to run an X pipe so the only place suitable for this was tucked under the trans.

eknNB6.jpg

cAG8lB.jpg

lt7sV4.jpg

6MVuVU.jpg

zSYbfX.jpg

xATOMb.jpg

bgvC67.jpg

Qie4uF.jpg

To be continued

Last edited:
At what stage of my build should i bring it by for you to build my exhaust?

Hi Steve
Any time now that the motor and trans are in, as long as you know where all the big pieces are going to be within the engine bay, and before they are all crammed to permanently in the way. You will also need to know where you want you tips to end up.
H

H great work ok Fran has my order and paperwork and the Ecoboost motor arrived so I guess as soon as I send the deposit in I will join the GTR brotherhood Andy I think we can be super creative with this car and you have proved that so far

H great work ok Fran has my order and paperwork and the Ecoboost motor arrived so I guess as soon as I send the deposit in I will join the GTR brotherhood Andy I think we can be super creative with this car and you have proved that so far

Congratulations Larry, yes these kits have great potential for sure.

Moving on to the charge cooler, the electric pump has been mounted to the bulkhead and ill bend up some aluminum water pipes to carry the water to the cooling rad which will sit over the transmission, It will have cold air ducted from the engine cover and pushed through the rad.

Here is the plenum fabricated up out of 065" and 090" 3003 aluminum, the two holes are for the ducted cold air.
gUlxvf.jpg

pw52M3.jpg

RJpwHf.jpg

HVC6N6.jpg

So more of the charge cooler parts coming together, two four inch pipes will get air from within the rear upper wheel arches which are fed cold air from the engine cover scoops.

wY3wGx.jpg

zKlGtq.jpg

The water is feed by these 5/8" pipes from the front of the motor to the charge cooler.

iLRrtn.jpg

hJcLmc.jpg

Now working on the air filter and intake runner, the air filter is going to be enclosed and ducted from the side scoops

gxsNOC.jpg

Trying to close in the air filter so as to capture only cool air from the side scoop.

WZo4nJ.jpg

EML09U.jpg

S5mkiY.jpg

also got the header tank brackets done for mounting to the bulkhead.

dtFqFK.jpg

Finished up the exhaust tail pipes today, its all a little tight in the rear end, especially when you need to fit in a couple of expensive looking tips.
Oh well expensive or not there was not enough room for them without cutting them in half.
Hfd3UJ.jpg

V5B9f3.jpg

5m14j5.jpg

Back