GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm

Supporter
Winston Churchill I believe once said

The Americans always get it right. But only after they have explored every other alternative.

I think you are currently exploring alternatives right now!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I'll be around long after we get single payer health care, you have your guns forcibly taken from you and we elect Oprah as President...lol....

I like the way you think. How about a Michelle O/Oprah ticket with the campaign slogan "We're coming to forcibly take your guns away!" Perfect!

Rod,

if they take all the guns from california.......you better put bars on your windows like in south africa. And you should start shopping for a guard dog, a big one.

Rod,

if they take all the guns from california.......you better put bars on your windows like in south africa. And you should start shopping for a guard dog, a big one.

Walt, don’t be ridiculous. That’s NRA propaganda. No one is taking anyone’s gun(s). The problem isn’t all or nothing. Polls show Americans want universal background checks and closing the loophole on gun show sales. Teenagers should not be able to buy assault weapons. And anyone that is on a “no fly” list or mentally ill shouldn’t be able to buy any guns. And most Americans want the sale of new assault weapons to be banned. We actually had an assault weapons ban back in 1994.

No one is saying take everyone’s guns away from them. However, the US has more gun deaths than any other developed nation in the world. And we have more guns than anywhere else in the world. There’s a connection.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for providing a list of companies I won’t do businesss with any more. Please keep me updated with any other companies getting their wagged by the far left.

Thanks for providing a list of companies I won’t do businesss with any more. Please keep me updated with any other companies getting their wagged by the far left.

Add PayPal, Square and Apple Pay, they’ve forbid gun sales on their platforms for years. Now, if “we” could get Visa, Mastercard and Amex to follow suit that would be awesome. :thumbsup:

Rod,

sorry, i thought you did not like guns.. Just thought california would be a good state to test a gun ban..

Maybe someday

Oregon passed a new gun control law Thursday, but the measure was being debated in the Oregon legislature since last year.

Oregon lawmakers pass gun-control bill; first since Florida shooting

To me it’s common sense. Oregon's Legislature on Thursday banned people convicted of stalking and domestic violence or under restraining orders from buying or owning firearms and ammunition.

STRANGE WORLD WE LIVE IN..At 17 years old I went to work for the government.. They gave me food ,shelter, clothing ,a gun and trained me how to use it. So that America could be free and we would all have rights.. Now some people want to take those rights away. Very sad .... I was a 17 year old who could shoot and maintain a fully auto m16 but people 18years old are not responsible?

just a thought

Keith

That's a good point Chris, but they are rather invisible, or perhaps the NRA is just too loud..

I think Rod's premise is perfectly valid and I believe that that's how many people, not necessarily Americans view it too - guns being just too accessible. Just think, if you could restrict guns to just an 'Elite' think how powerful they would be!

What a juicy carrot.. :thumbsup:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I have always owned guns even those awful assault rifles. I've never been a member of the NRA... until now. There are 350 million guns in the US. I always scratch my head when I hear liberals calling for gun confiscation. How exactly is that going to work? Do you plan on mounting an assault on my property with pine cones and granola bars? Just curious?

Keith

Well now, you truly are a mystery Mike D. You openly dislike this part of the forum and many of the people who post here. You complain about people commenting, their forum status and their lack of GT40 and then, when it's all quiet, you poke your stick back into the nest and give it a wiggle.

It makes no difference to me what you do at all, but I worry about you.

Do you not think it's time to "attack in a different direction"?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I think I've always been consistent in thinking:

• Politics are more divisive than any What is the best motor oil debate
  • Not liking people who are here only to be divisive and offer nothing else to the GT40 community
  • Those here to offend and be divisive won't financially support the forum
  • Questionable moderation that says one group can offend and antagonize with impunity while others cannot

I wish there was more unity and desire for people to share their love of the GT40. Would be awesome to have a yearly get together and have dozens of GT40s from all makes be able to hang out for a few days sharing track time, drives, dinners, and drinks. Every post that derides those we disagree with politically makes that more and more an impossible pipe dream. This country is headed towards a civil war. The signs are all around. When a small and exclusive group of people who own GT40s would rather call each other names than hang out, there is nothing left that holds us together.

Keith

Well I've been saying that for a good few years now, that the world needs a united America not a divided one and it's been patently obvious, even through the microcosm that is the Paddock, that's where you seem to be headed, almost like the mythical Lemming.

So, we agree. That is good.

Perhaps now is not the right time for a "let's disarm America" debate then, since you seem to be reserving the darned things for shooting your neighbours. But it won't be your neighbours though, will it? It'll be all those poor folk waving food stamps. I don't know, I just threw that in there. I'll stop poking my stick in now.

As for the "questionable moderation", well I kind of agree about that too. I'm none too good at it I admit and being a poor & sick foreigner on "food stamps" doesn't help. You'll only want to shoot me eventually anyway.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Keith, you know I am not inferring anything against you. You do a fantastic job. I’ve never pointed a gun at anyone or any living creature hell I’ve been a vegetarian my entire life. When those on the other side march up the hill with the flag of government to disarm me... we’lll see. I saw vitriol when Obama was elected but nothing like I see now. There is no way out I don’t think other than war eventually. May not be next year or 10 years but there is no putting this back together.

Keith

Well thank you for those few kind words, I was kind of trying to put a humerous spin on what I see is a fairly dire situation, and I am mostly concerned about my children & grandchildren, as to what sort of world we have left for them. All those needlessly squandered human lives from 100 years of continuous conflict, it really distresses me, and if I didn't care, I'd just put my head in the sand bucket like everyone else with any real influence seemingly has.

I have a great fondness for America, having lived there for a few years and seen what is possible, but the divisions, which only seemed superficial in the 1980's seem to run much deeper now.

Oh well, it's meds time..

There's a responsible path here regarding gun control. Reasonable limits upon who can have access to a gun (nobody with history of violent crimes, mental illness, etc.) and information/tracking about who has a gun (ie. the need to register) are reasonable controls in a modern age when you don't need a gun to catch your dinner.

The extremists....and extremism...on both sides doesn't help things. Often those folks are just looking for attention or have a desire to stir things up. Act reasonably, and a reasonable and engaged discussion can be be had. Act like an extremist and you just make it worse for everyone.....including yourself.

I'm a gun owner, occasional hunter, and enjoy practice shooting at the range. I'm very glad there are some good gun control laws, and I don't support the NRA because I don't agree with the overall agenda and messaging. That's just me.

I think Australia has done a masterful job with their gun laws. I'm sure they're are some exceptions or imperfections, but that's always going to happen.

Absent that, there are some people in our society who shouldn't own guns. Felons, domestic abusers, people on the "no fly" list, the mentally ill, etc. I don't know why we can't ban these people from owning guns, with a judicial process of some kind where, if they've shown themselves to be good law abiding citizens for some long length of time, they can get their gun owning rights back.

An FBI or ATF universal background check with no loopholes. Bump stocks banned. And I believe assault weapons should be banned too. They're military weapons for mass killings. Plus, large magazines should be illegal. Pick a size, I don't know, I'm not a expert.

As I've said previously, the children/millenials who have grown up with the mass killings will hopefully come to power through elections in Congress and the Presidency and hopefully change things for the better. We just have to wait for the old white men backed by the NRA to retire, die, or lose elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back